anadentone

The Biggest WTF moments In Jrock

9 hours ago, Ro plz said:

Too much negative WTF's in this thread and not enough positives.

THIS takes the cake.
I remember coming across this vid during my beginner days as a J-Rock fan and shat myself in disbelief. 

OOOOOOH MY BABY JEEBUS IN HEAVEN!!!!! And Dress, one of my all time faves of Buck Tick!!!!!!!! This is the best thing i've seen in all 2017. Nothing will top it. 

21 hours ago, Ro plz said:

Too much negative WTF's in this thread and not enough positives.

THIS takes the cake.
I remember coming across this vid during my beginner days as a J-Rock fan and shat myself in disbelief. 

I used to watch this on repeat. So much good.

My wtf moments:

- People losing their shit over some nude cheki.

- That time MUCC and Sid were touring together and Mao tried to sing Ranchuu. Growlord. 

This thread is amazing.

Edited by qotka

Most of them have been covered, but I'll leave this one... Daishi's (Psycho le Cemu/SiXX)'s sudden marriage announcement to Ami Tokito, a popular gravure model almost half his age. Because Ami leaked that they'd registered their marriage to some friends that apparently weren't trustworthy enough, a sports newspaper got wind of it and Daishi had to do quick damage control.

Hilariously the news got leaked the day after their tour final last year, where Daishi had apologized about his past misgivings (his drug arrest that had shot PLC's chances of ever becoming a huge major band) and that he'd matured some. (Apparently not.) I imagine the members were like "wtf" not this shit again, and generally their surprised congratulatory blog posts that followed were delightfully passive aggressive.

Then some PLC gya decided to "get revenge" at their upcoming taiban by not supporting him/not wearing blue glow bracelets. I think in general no1curr that he got married since he's 41 and all of the other members are (secretly) married, but the way it came out was in really poor taste.

On 5/6/2017 at 0:31 AM, jaymee said:

Most of them have been covered, but I'll leave this one... Daishi's (Psycho le Cemu/SiXX)'s sudden marriage announcement to Ami Tokito, a popular gravure model almost half his age. Because Ami leaked that they'd registered their marriage to some friends that apparently weren't trustworthy enough, a sports newspaper got wind of it and Daishi had to do quick damage control.

Hilariously the news got leaked the day after their tour final last year, where Daishi had apologized about his past misgivings (his drug arrest that had shot PLC's chances of ever becoming a huge major band) and that he'd matured some. (Apparently not.) I imagine the members were like "wtf" not this shit again, and generally their surprised congratulatory blog posts that followed were delightfully passive aggressive.

Then some PLC gya decided to "get revenge" at their upcoming taiban by not supporting him/not wearing blue glow bracelets. I think in general no1curr that he got married since he's 41 and all of the other members are (secretly) married, but the way it came out was in really poor taste.

I loved the whole Daishi's & Ami's sudden marriage announcement because the all of the Hello! Project and gravure wotas were losing their shit because Amitan was getting married to a criminal/junkie.  A few old wotas were upset that they can't fap to her anymore knowing she's married a "visual kei loser".  The best part of the idol/gravure fandom side of this whole thing was that some Western teenage Hello! Project fan made some huge rant about how Amitan was being a negative role model for young female fans because she was getting married to someone that used to do drugs. 

7 hours ago, Ikki said:

I loved the whole Daishi's & Ami's sudden marriage announcement because the all of the Hello! Project and gravure wotas were losing their shit because Amitan was getting married to a criminal/junkie.  A few old wotas were upset that they can't fap to her anymore knowing she's married a "visual kei loser".  The best part of the idol/gravure fandom side of this whole thing was that some Western teenage Hello! Project fan made some huge rant about how Amitan was being a negative role model for young female fans because she was getting married to someone that used to do drugs. 

Oh damn the idol/wota side of this is even better than the band member/gya side.

Brb gonna look some of this drama up.

giphy.gif

Also, because I don't think it was mentioned yet...

Bansuke randomly disappearing after Baroque got back together. When the members finally found him, he claimed his sudden departure was due to health issues, and refused to meet the members in person.

Everything about DEViL KiTTY, which was the butt of like every joke in the early 00s. (Apparently the vocalist has rebranded this band and they sound decent now..? IDK)

I guess it's not that surprising since avril lavigne has a big Japanese fanbase (apparently) , but when she was on the new crappy ONE OK ROCK album Ambitions, as a guest vocalist I almost puked. Loved the bands early stuff but the last two albums have been pretty cringy, IMO.

That odd moment when FALILV released their "Party Boys" PV but pulled it off I M M E D I A T E L Y afterwards once they received some serious outrage from their fans due to "failed JSB jokes"