Zeus

IPS4 Question and Help Thread

Hmm, nope, that's not normal unless your image is smaller than 178*178px.

Yours is 155*155px stretched in a 178*178px image frame, so that's why.

^lmao ok my mistake xD

edit: wait, no. actually my photo is 974 x1280! When I upload it, I had to crop it (ok) but it's still very bad in quality. Ok I guess I must upload it somewhere else and add the url.

Edited by eiheartx

Your original avatar size is now 240*240px dynamically resized to 178*178px. It still looks blurry (but at least better) because of the original quality of the image itself I suppose. It already looks fine for me though.

Some issues i noticed that may or may not be resolvable:

1) it used to be the case that we can scroll down to the page to see which users are browsing it, but this is no longer possible.

2) previously we could choose to show or hide the line that says "Edited Today by x" at the end of the post, but it seems to show by default now and there's no way to toggle it off.

3) at the search results page, scrolling to the following/previous page of results is now taken to be a new search and triggers the 15-second search freeze.

Thanks for the input, @hiroki.

1. This feature doesn't seem to come with IPS4 by default. Currently, the staff team is deciding which plugins could be added to the forum. Showing who is reading is an interesting feature to implement IMO too.

2. We staff would like to preserve such editing privileges to only the staff members in order to prevent abuse in some manner.

3. I've removed the flood control when searching from most groups except for the Guest and Member (20 and 10 sec respectively) and some restricted groups. Searching consumes a lot of the server's resources, so certain groups are allowed to search freely.

Avatars are better now, though i would prefer them to have more verticality like they use to have... this will do i suppose.

edit; for some reason no matter what photo i use my avatar ends being a blurry mess after the cropping :/

yeah I'm almost certain that it's taking the smaller avatar that you can find in your profile page and resizing it to the one in your posts, but the thing is it's not doing that to other people....

23 minutes ago, Original Saku said:

yeah I'm almost certain that it's taking the smaller avatar that you can find in your profile page and resizing it to the one in your posts, but the thing is it's not doing that to other people....

I was having blurry issues until I cropped my avatar to 178x178 exactly and that fixed the issue for me. There's no scaling or resizing since.

6 minutes ago, doombox said:

I was having blurry issues until I cropped my avatar to 178x178 exactly and that fixed the issue for me. There's no scaling or resizing since.

thanks. I was trying to avoid doing that, but oh well, it did indeed fix my blurry issues :)

This is odd. O.o

Normally, you can upload a large image and crop it later on. It should dynamically be resized to 178*178px.

Just checked the Mod group and didn't find anything wrong with that.

^so it wasn't just me, that's reassuring :')

The digest emails are annoying, I've never asked for this. So, each time we will reply to a thread we will follow it? There's no way to disable this? I have 29 pages to change manually, I'm fed up already. xD

You can manage all the notification settings here.

It's located at the User menu (your username on the top-left) > Account Settings > Notification Settings (on the far right).

There's more at the bottom when scrolling down.

yeah i had the same issue until i was uploading from url

from my computer it was all showing up blurry and a really small crop area, even for larger images. but when i entered a tumblr url it gave me a much bigger image and i was able to crop accurately from there

odd

These things might not be very fixable and if not no big deal but for one thing I noticed that when I'm zoomed in at 120% (which is how far I have to zoom in now to have the text at a comfortable size to read) the top bits where is says "more" "activity" "browse" and whatnot get really wonky.  Also, it might be nice to be able to go to a custom stream straight from the home page rather than clicking to activity and then to the streams part and then finally getting to the actual streams. Again though, no big deal. Thanks for all the hard work, the site is looking snazzy 8)

Edited by Deathtopi4

Just now, Zeus said:

Assuming you are using Chameleon Dark @Candy Warhol, click on your name in the upper left hand corner, then Account Settings, then Signature.

Wow, it is hidden there lmao, thanks for the help!

21 hours ago, DarkWater said:

search function is not yet how it was. now you cannot search in one forum part but only in the full forum...

Hmm, for example if you only want to search in "News"

- go to the News forum

- click the search box

- The text "All content" shows up on the left of the search box. Click it and select the option "This forum only"

It works for me.

2 hours ago, peffy said:

Hmm, for example if you only want to search in "News"

- go to the News forum

- click the search box

- The text "All content" shows up on the left of the search box. Click it and select the option "This forum only"

It works for me.

Glad the Avatars are now bigger. Things look much better now. However on mobile I don't see the Monochrome-heaven banner (or is this intentional?)

Also did the function to view all status updates vanish? You can only see the recent ones