Zeus

IPS4 Question and Help Thread

I'm still exploring the new functionality but overall looks decent for the moment. A few things in particular I've noticed;

1.) When I type a post and then press the enter key to make a new line it skips a line instead of going directly to the next line. please fix it's really annoying.

2.) the avatars as mentioned above are way to small for my taste, would be nice to have them the same size as they used to be. figure it out please :D

3.) for some reason my post count has been reduced? I had over 3000 posts before the update and now I'm under 3000. Not really a big deal but just something that caught my eye.

I'll check back with anything else i notice once I play around with the forum some more.

4.) youtube videos are a tad smaller than they used to be when embedded, not really the biggest issue but nonetheless still a bit weird.

5.) when browsing unread content, when I click on a topic instead of redirecting me to the latest post/page in the topic like it used to, it now redirects me to the very first post of the topic... this is inconvenient to say the least.

1 hour ago, Original Saku said:

I'm still exploring the new functionality but overall looks decent for the moment. A few things in particular I've noticed;

1.) When I type a post and then press the enter key to make a new line it skips a line instead of going directly to the next line. please fix it's really annoying.

2.) the avatars as mentioned above are way to small for my taste, would be nice to have them the same size as they used to be. figure it out please :D

3.) for some reason my post count has been reduced? I had over 3000 posts before the update and now I'm under 3000. Not really a big deal but just something that caught my eye.

I'll check back with anything else i notice once I play around with the forum some more.

4.) youtube videos are a tad smaller than they used to be when embedded, not really the biggest issue but nonetheless still a bit weird.

5.) when browsing unread content, when I click on a topic instead of redirecting me to the latest post/page in the topic like it used to, it now redirects me to the very first post of the topic... this is inconvenient to say the least.

1. I am unable to replicate this issue. What browser are you using?
  2. The more I dig the more it looks like I have no control over the size. That's a skin thing.
  3. Posts were recalculated during the move because IPS 3.x didn't properly decrement posts when they were removed. Your new post count is your true post count.
  4. I can adjust this....any recommendations for good dimensions?
  5. I can look for settings for this too.
1 hour ago, Δtypical said:

Tracing back your own and others's statuses with this layout is a headache. I hope you can make it more user friendly.

Other than the suggestion to create your own stream I don't know how to do this yet.

2 hours ago, Delkmiroph said:

@Zeus still up the forum ? 
The profile options its good, the problem is in layout.

New options to profile OK

The new way to notification is perfect.

I hope one colorful forum with (color in nickname in all posts) :-)

so much space between title posts and almost in all in forum i think this need be fixed. (incluing when in box to write one comment. (Press Enter and next line have one big space with other text above)

The small avatar still this way or gonna change ?

Colored names are not natively supported by IPS. I installed a plugin to do this but it won't apply it everywhere.

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

1. I am unable to replicate this issue. What browser are you using?
  2. The more I dig the more it looks like I have no control over the size. That's a skin thing.
  3. Posts were recalculated during the move because IPS 3.x didn't properly decrement posts when they were removed. Your new post count is your true post count.
  4. I can adjust this....any recommendations for good dimensions?
  5. I can look for settings for this too.

1.) Firefox. I just checked and it does the same in chrome.. after some further testing it seems that it only skips a line when the Source is activated (deactivated?) in the post editor...

2.) okay got it. well it's something to keep in mind for when we do start looking for a skin.

3.) dope.

4.) Whatever it used to be would be fine... I think it was width="560" height="315".  maybe try out those dimensions and see how it looks.

5.) cool, because it is seriously annoying to have to go to the last page of the thread every time...  also I noticed that it doesn't do this when you click on the last posted in  thread on the main forum index, it actually works as intended. I don't know if that helps or not.

6 hours ago, Original Saku said:

--

I was really annoyed by that too! BUT it's not a problem, since you can get the latest post by clicking the timer on the right side of the page, like this:

i55b91.jpg

I'm just writing these down so that they won't be forgotten:

1. The status widget on the front page should show the amount of likes a status has gotten, like this: "1 hour ago · 0 replies · 0 likes". Currently it only showes the time and the amount of replies.

2. I hope you plan fixing how mentioning a member looks like. I think it should at least show the users color based on the member group. But I'm sure you're already working on that. :)

Damn it's so exciting to be away from here for a couple of hourse, because every time the site looks a bit different!

42 minutes ago, paradoxal said:

I was really annoyed by that too! BUT it's not a problem, since you can get the latest post by clicking the timer on the right side of the page, like this:

i55b91.jpg

oh cool, thanks for letting me know :D

I still think it should work like it used to though.. why would anyone want to go to the first page of a 100 page thread is beyond me especially when they are trying to look up new content xD

I'm just curious, is the visual kei tag under News on the homepage gone for good? It was nice being able to get to only posts tagged with visual kei with one click from the homepage.

13 hours ago, Original Saku said:

1.) Firefox. I just checked and it does the same in chrome.. after some further testing it seems that it only skips a line when the Source is activated (deactivated?) in the post editor...

I don't know what you mean by "Source is activated", but I discovered something. If you just press "enter", it thinks you want to make a new paragraph so it puts a bigger space between the lines. If you press "shift-enter", it will go to the next line the way it should. Let me know if that works for you. (I'm using Chrome)

i press enter

i press enter

i press shift-enter
i press shift-enter
i press enter

I stlil think there's too much vertical space in the entire layout. But anyway it already looks a lot better than when I first saw it 24 hours ago. =)

edit: Entire post made irrelevant by nostalgia haha T_T

Edited by peffy

I notice that some japanese aren't working properly. 

example: this topic and my sig

another question, is the code [thumb* used for images returning soon, or is just going to be [img* now?

Thanks for bringing that up.

I also realized that unicode characters in signature are all messed up, but didn't notice the poll. Unfortunately, we can't go back to get them fixed anymore because we had to convert the entire DB back and fourth between latin1 and utf8mb4 in order to fix the double-unicode issue.

Trust me this was what kept us so long with the old forum. It was the hardest part during the upgrade. It wasn't as easy as just a few clicks away as one might think.

At least I hope it's understandable that the more important data such as topic titles, member names, post contents, and etc. is safe and sound.

1 hour ago, Neolicht said:

Is there a way to get the profile pictures to be like they used to be? I would rather the entire picture show and not have to crop most of it. 

I mentioned earlier in the topic that this is a skin issue and that there is nothing we can currently do about it.

1 hour ago, yakihiko said:

I notice that some japanese aren't working properly. 

example: this topic and my sig

another question, is the code [thumb* used for images returning soon, or is just going to be [img* now?

We cannot guarantee that we can fix the issue with the polls at all, but if we do the fix will have to wait until the next maintenance. Changing signatures is equally as tricky so it's easiest if the affected members update their own signatures.

I attempted to replicate the functionality of the thumb tag but I was unsuccessful. I can try again in a bit but I will have to change how it works so the thumb tag as you used to use it probably won't come back. 

4 hours ago, peffy said:

I don't know what you mean by "Source is activated", but I discovered something. If you just press "enter", it thinks you want to make a new paragraph so it puts a bigger space between the lines. If you press "shift-enter", it will go to the next line the way it should. Let me know if that works for you. (I'm using Chrome)

i press enter

i press enter

i press shift-enter
i press shift-enter
i press enter

I stlil think there's too much vertical space in the entire layout. But anyway it already looks a lot better than when I first saw it 24 hours ago. =)

edit: Entire post made irrelevant by nostalgia haha T_T

4 hours ago, nostalgia said:

^ I've fixed that issue just now. No more paragraphs.

thanks both of you :D

It works great now!

23 hours ago, nostalgia said:

Fixed the weird white BG of the user info block when reading a thread on mobile/tablet.

My eyes thanks you Nostalgia, the reflex on my glasses were killing me.

is it normal that after having reuploaded your avatar, it looks blurry, like it was low quality? or maybe it just me who see shit xD