Trombe

NIGHTMARE will be temporarily on hiatus

NIGHTMARE will be temporarily on hiatus in 2016 in view of their member physical conditions and in order to maintain their quality and to prepare for their 20th anniversary, and their members will carry on their solo activities or support to other artists during hiatus, although details of hiatus period have not yet been announced

Well, I have to say that I saw this coming....even if it's sad, I believe it's for the best! They really need this break and rest for some time in order to come back stronger :D but by the way, let's hope they don't stay on this hiatus until their 20th anniversary...it's like 4 years from now D:

Well, I have to say that I saw this coming....even if it's sad, I believe it's for the best! They really need this break and rest for some time in order to come back stronger :D but by the way, let's hope they don't stay on this hiatus until their 20th anniversary...it's like 4 years from now D:

I actually hope they do. This is mean but I feel like a lot of their music for the last 5 years has been a total disappointment. I think they know it too so they're going to split, grow as artists, and come back. Or maybe they'll wake up and end this band for good.

"physical conditions", so they are kind of going hiatus to help Yomi's voice to fully recover and they will not care about how many years this takes? I like this Courage! Maybe Avex will try break contract with them because of this long hiatus, or push Yomi without being 100% okay, or the others will do releases with their side projects to help this to keep alive. Nobody knows.

I only wish this guys can do what they were able to do on the past again, maybe this will become a reality on 20th.

Last point, did someone knows if they will continue til the end of this tour?

If they're preparing for their 20th anniversary, then the hiatus will be four years at the most. That's not a long break for the music industry in general, but in VK it's an eternity because these guys work constantly. They need a break. The music suffers when you have to provide an album of material practically every year.

if that's what it takes for them to create something as good as "anima" again, yes please.

hopefully by the time it happens science has advanced enough to make Yomi's voice actually bearable

I could defiantly tell that they eventually would go on hiatus, which is for the best and is good news for their future. They defiantly deserve it and I hope for the best for Yomi and the others.

As for the reason, it could most likely be about Yomi or even Hitsugi's spinal issues. For all we know it could be any one of them since this hiatus is aimed at someone's health and not the quality of their music (like the hive mind set over here seems to assume).

2020 is a long ways off with even Ni~ya and Hitsugi both crying when making the hiatus announcement, it must be serious. I know the Japanese music industry loves working people to death over there, so this was a wise decision before something more serious happened.

This announcement makes me so happy because it was well needed. They need the "rest." With the side projects and the supporting during this time period, they can come back stronger. 

I ain't even mad bro. Do your thing guys. Yes, their material as of lately has been lack luster but i MUCH rather this than disbandment. 

I rather had them had be less active with more spaced put releases, but it was about time they rest a bit and get in better health.

Looking forward to more and better L69 stuff. A Sakito solo project would be rad.

While I liked their last album, a break is always needed, even if it's a 4 year one, lol.

Hope they come back with full force in 2020.

Finally have a translation of the hiatus message if anyone's interested (thanks again Sebatian!):

”We would like to dearly thank everyone for their continued support. With this message we'd like to share something very important with all of you.

By the end of 2016, we have decided that we will temporarily seize our band activities. 
Based on respect for our members health in recent years, for our goal to head towards a 20th anniversary, and furthermore to also maintain our quality as a band we have reached this conclusion. 
We believe that this break will prove worthwhile for both our members and staff to regain their focus, and on the occasion when we resume our activities we'd like to show that worth to you as well. 
Although Nightmare's activity will be put on hold, the members will separately continue on with both solo and support activities.
As for the period of the break and when we will resume our activites we will let you know when the occasion calls. 
To all our fans cheering for us, we'd like to send our deepest apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you and also ask for your understanding in this matter.”

This clears up that it's not until 2020 but sooner than that (a year or two?). Once I've had some time to think about this, the more sense this all makes. Only two people will be effected by this (Yomi's serious voice problems and Hitsugi's hernia problems, which is even numbing his fingers at this point), but it's very likely all of them judging from how tense things have gotten in the last few years.

The main reason I believe they had to release three best albums and two singles before the big announcement was possibly to get out of Avex's contract. I doubt that label will keep them any way with this hiatus (they're pretty much against year(s) long breaks). Considering they have such shitty PR and the management is not as good as it should be Nightmare will only benefit by changing labels. Yeah the next label might not be the greatest but it's better than Avex working them to death..

I hope they come back on top and better than ever after this hiatus!

-had to edit that, got pretty full-on negative (which some people around here do a good enough job already at), which is something they do not need right now (being in a band for over 16 years can be nerve wrecking for anyone)-

I wonder what the issue is between Sakito and Hitsugi.

Honestly, that's a lot of drama, and it's a wonder why the band just doesn't split. It wouldn't surprise me if they come back to celebrate the 20 years, release a single or a mini, then bounce for good. Seriously.