Sign in to follow this  
jurideluhi

Foreign language

Native language: Russian. ( I was born there and managed to go up to grade 3 before I moved to Canada)

...thus English is kinda native to me at this point too...I mean I can think in both...lol..more often in English than Russian too...and writing in Russian is..difficult for me at this point..cause my spelling is awful LOL.

currently studying: Japanese. since like 3 years ago? yeah...I still suck at it though. XD

Spanish is my native language, it was the first language that I learned and the one I speak the most lately. But I was raised in Lebanon, and because of the Lebanese educational system, students learn two languages simultaneously and at the same level (either Arabic and English or Arabic and French). I obviously chose English, but around 6th grade we start learning a 2nd language, which is French. So I speak these 4 languages fluently now. I'm also currently learning Japanese, but I still have a long way to go until I can speak and read it fluently. I go to Polish classes once a week as well, but I'm not really interested in it. I'd also love to learn either Mandarin or Cantonese in the future.

Well, English is my first lang. Then I studied Spanish, French, German, Japanese and Mandarin Chinese. As for levels, XD, I can understand and write in Spanish (I was self taught), French is about the same, German ha! nothing left I think, I'm not awful in Japanese, but not really entirely able to hold a full convo in it (though it flows quite well when I'm drunk), and my Chinese is much better than the others. I will be returning to China next year for two years, so I'll keep improving it.

My native language is actually Indonesian, but I haven't really been using it since I was 10, when I started speaking in English

I also learned Chinese in middle school until high school for the sake of heritage, but I'm really hopeless at it, lol

I just started learning Japanese last year, and I'm already so much better at in than at Chinese O__O

I learnt (in school) English, French and Italian.

Though my French is pretty awful, aheh...

Also trying to refresh/study more on Finnish and Japanese, but never have the time...

The language I really want to learn someday, but I am afraid that I will never make this is Irish Gaelic.

English is my first language.

I can understand French pretty well, but I never writer or speak it.

I know some Japanese and am currently studying it, same with Cantonese. I also know a tiny bit of Mandarin.

Would like to learn Finnish and Gaelic someday, lol

English is my first language.

I can understand French pretty well, but I never writer or speak it.

I know some Japanese and am currently studying it, same with Cantonese. I also know a tiny bit of Mandarin.

Would like to learn Finnish and Gaelic someday, lol

I know a friend studying Mandarin and Korean at university... but me, I just can understand... two things or maybe three... like 我爱你 xDDD!! Really random things.

Finnish is hard ;_; and Gaelic too ... ugh, but I would love to learn Gaelic, I mean, I have Irish roots... it would be a shame... :C

I "bought" Rosetta Stone and the Japanese and German language lessons. I have it set to show kana since I have most of that down. I'm really excited to actually learn Japanese now, but eventually I'll get to that German. :D

Not to burst your bubble, but I've heard Rosetta stone is mostly for vocabulary, not grammar.

I'm going to take a class when I go to college, but this is to get me started. I've wanted to learn it for so long(the reason why I sought out Japanese music and found vk and this forum) and if I can learn tons of vocab then that should definitely help with grammar. It's not like I spent the $400 anyway.

I took Latin for high school credits. The other option was Spanish and the instructor rubbed me the wrong way so I took Latin. Fun, extremely hard course, but 80% of what we learned was pretty useless if you didn't live in Ancient Rome. Knowing the derivatives of English words was probably the best thing I got out of it.

Japanese is offered at my new school and I wanted to take that a lot, but I've been told it is too hard for a science-related major plus it wouldn't fit in with my schedule this semester. But I'm going to go for it anyway some other semester. . .

My first language is Dutch. I took classes in English, French, German, Latin and ancient Greek. I dropped French, not because I sucked at it, but because the teacher didn't like me, and he was the only one in the upper years who taught French. I wasn't very good at Latin, so I dropped that one as well. I only enrolled for Latin at the end of my first year in high school, because I started on an intelligency level that wasn't high enough for me to have Latin as a subject. After a while they noticed I was smarter than they thought, and I got upgraded 2 levels to the highest level available. My German isn't very good though. I can listen and read it better than I can speak it. English is my best language. I have Australian roots, so I've been learning English words since I was about 5/6 years old. I've been trying to teach myself Japanese, but I just don't have the time for it. Once I have some more time, I think I'll continue the lessons. But I would also like to pick up French again, and I would like to learn Spanish or Italian as well. It's going to take a looooong time.

My first languages are Finnish and Russian.

(btw, for some reason, I understand Czech, Ukrainian, Belarussian and other slavic languages very well, it's good to be a half-slavic!)

P.s. ever since my first cyrillic comprehensions and practices (back in da 2002), I still can't write some sentences correctly - Quite difficult language, I must say D:

I've studied English since the kindergarten and Swedish through the relatives and school (pulled all "necessary" courses immediately, I can feel free without it for now) - Currently improving my German, some French, Korean (friend's idea)...+ currently trying some Japanese (I've been raised by two "Asiaphiliacs", btw + quite obvious hobby for a weeaboo, eh?), Mandarin (once again, another friend's idea)

Also: I might try German-related languages as well (a la Dutch, Austrian (?) etc etc) :3

First language is German, then I had to learn English and Latin in school. Well, then university started and now I have to learn French and FUCKIN' Old German.

Fun fact: "walram" means "whale semen" in Old High German.

Ok, so my native language is Polish. (yeah, probably you gonna ask me how hard the grammar is, lol)

When I was 3 I already could read Russian :mrgreen:

Later I started Learning German since the primary school.

If it's about Japanese I've got a book about kanji for Christmas when I was 9. Later my grandma sent me from US Japanese course when I was 14. I studied it, and later I started attending at course. I've already passed JPLT at level N4 :D

If it's about other language I often learn mostly the scripts, in example I learned to read Arabic last year.

First language is German, then I had to learn English and Latin in school. Well, then university started and now I have to learn French and FUCKIN' Old German.

Fun fact: "walram" means "whale semen" in Old High German.

I know a hotel that is called Walram :lol:

My native language is English but since my mother and my entire family on her side are from Spain, I learned Spanish as well growing up.

Of course I've always wanted to learn Japanese and can speak/understand very little from what I've picked up through music and movies.

I have all the criteria I need to get started on basic Japanese, just never found the time to with my busy schedule.

..... One day I will make this dream happen! :angely:

My native language is Dutch and in school I learned English, German, French and I had a few lessons Spanish and I´m trying to learn Japanese.. but from all those languages I can only speak Dutch, English and German. I forgot most about those other ones XD;

My native language is Swedish, in school I learned English (of course) and German.

In my last class I studied basic Japanese but I didn't learn that much, my grade in Japanese was "IG" (Didn't pass)

I have plans on working more on my German, so that I can speak it fluently some day.

My native language is Portuguese. I always studied English and Spanish in the school (it's about 6 years till now) and I can barely speak English or Spanish.

I'm studying Japanese for four years now.

Native language: swedish ;P

Quite good at english and german, then currently studying for JLPT1 :mrgreen:

That's awesome! I would like to do the Nouryoku Shiken test this year too...

Sign in to follow this