Sign in to follow this  
jurideluhi

(REVIEW) AYABIE-VSC 2ndSeason

I get excited listening to this album rite now. ^^ track 9(tsumetai te) is awesome!

I will write more later because I keep replaying on that track :shock: Can't review yet but it is recommended!

Let's see whats your review then!

1. Virgin Snow Color -2nd season- 3/5

Nothing too special, it's an intro after all

2. Smoke Smile Keeper 6/5

SERIOUSLY! That song is so kickass! :DUUR:

3. Hi-Fi 5/5

Even better than the Demo. Love the instrumental parts!

4. Zen'aku no higan 4/5

Didn't know what to expect after the preview, but it's actually an amazing song!

5. Yuki furu yoru, kimi omou 3/5

Fits the falling snow outside :)

6. temptation 5/5

This song also sounds different from its preview. I like it!

7. Shinkirou 5/5

Awesome instrumentals!

8. Pierrot 3/5

Not bad, but the last tracks have been better

9. Tsumetai te 3/5

Not bad either. but Yume's voice is still not trained enough to sing a decent ballad

10. Parade 5/5

Great song and cool PV as well!

11. STAR PLAYER 3/5

Sounds like a typical b-side

Overall: 8/10 points

AYABIE's first album sounds really promising and I'm looking forward to their future releases :D

I was really excited for this because I fell in love with the previews. Now let's see what I can make of this. Also I disagree with golffy aoi of Yumehito having a duck voice. You can honestly hear that Yumehito has a way better voice than Aoi. That's why the songs were so crappy. Because Aoi couldn't sing half of them.

Virgin snow color -2nd season- - Just an intro, so I'm not going to give it an extremely high rating. I'll go with a 7/10.

SMOKE SMILE KEEPER - This first song is better than all that old ayabie ever made. Seriously. The intro is very upbeat and makes me want to jump around. For some reason the preview that I heard doesn't fit the rest of the song. It's so random in between. It's not really bothering me, since this is just an awesome song! Yumehito's voice is really nice and enjoying. 9/10

Hi-Fi - This preview grew on me, so I think I'll rate this pretty high. This song reminds me of something I heard before, maybe a song by ZORO or something like that? Nonetheless, very good upbeat song. 8.5/10

ZENAKU NO HIGAN - This one is less good than the previous two tracks in my opinion. I wouldn't say it's bad but there's something about it that doesn't really pick my interest. It is well composed though. 7/10

YUKI FURU YORU.KIMI OMOU - Very nice! A very calm song that is better than most ballads recently released. Yumehito's voice is really warm and gives the song atmosphere. I like the piano in the background. For all songs up until now the drums have really picked my interest. Kenzo is doing a really good job here. A keeper. 8/10

temptation - I just love this! The preview was okay, but the full version is way better! This has a nice jazzy feeling to it that makes me smile. Just really good, the trumpets in the background really set a good atmosphere. 8.5/10

SHINKIROU - Somehow reminds me CUBICA[L/R]OCK by the old ayabie. That was the only song I liked by the old ayabie, so no objections there. The chorus however is very different from the rest of the song. It's not that it's disturbing, you can really hear Yumehito's singing quality in here. Why wasn't this guy the vocalist in the first place? Nice solo. I like it less than some others but still 8/10.

PIERROT - I remember not being to fond of this preview, but I'll hear this out. It's a good song, but it's not my favorite on this album. Hmmm...this is growing on me throughout the song, so I'll give it a 8/10.

TSUMETAI TE - Japanese oriental? Seriously? It's okay, nothing special to be honest. Decent ballad, but I've heard better. I prefer YUKI FURU. The solo is rather good though. 7/10

PARADE - The PV track. I was in love with the preview. Not much to say about this. Nice to relax too. This is a song that makes me smile and that I'll listen on my way to school. 8.5/10

STAR PLAYER - Not to fond of the preview, but that doesn't really matter now. It's a nice finisher of the album, but a bit boring. 7/10

Overall rating: 8/10

AYABIE did a great job. Now that Aoi's gone they are so much better! This is probably my favorite oshare-kei album yet. I don't really like oshare-kei so that means alot in my eyes.

mediocre album, but it would be even worse with Aoi's vocals and his shitty attempts at TM revolutioning the band.

Hi Fi, that I was getting interested in, sounds like another mix of cubic lrock or whatever that track was called before

zenaku no higan is an okay alice9 style song, and the rest of the album is boring and uninspired crap, they probably recorded it in two or three weeks overall.

I've never really listened to the other ayabie because what I heard was just "meh" for me. That, and I found Aoi's vocals to be not very good, despite a lot of other people loving him. From the snippets and the PV song I've heard from this album, I could possibly get into this version of ayabie. I actually kinda like Yume's vocals.

I'm definitely gettting a ZORO vibe from some of the stuff I've heard so far.

I'm not going to write a detailed review, nor would I do a song by song review (because this release isn't important to me). But I have to admit that I liked the album, probably there were some songs here and there that were boring, but at least the first half I enjoyed it, especially Hi-Fi and γ‚Ήγƒ’γƒΌγ‚―γƒ»γ‚Ήγƒžγ‚€γƒ«γƒ»γ‚­γƒΌγƒ‘γƒΌ. Also like fiftear said, I get a ZORO vibe, which isn't bad because I also kinda like ZORO (IDC if they use autotune).

Anyway, Yumehito is far a better vocalist than Aoi, and he makes the songs less monotonous, so I'll give the album a 7/10

I don't feel like writing an in depth review, but what I can say is that the album is pretty good. Yumehito is a faaaar better vocalist than Aoi and the songs seem more varied, but there is still an extraordinary amount of autotune being used. Smoke Smile Keeper and Star Player are my personal favorites. I'd give it a 7 or 8 out of 10.

This is the first time in a long time that I'm actually enjoying a new release by Ayabie (with whatever spelling) instead of cringing about it. I don't hate Aoi's vocals, but I think Yume sounds great in the album (regardless of autotune or pro tools tweaks).

Yeah okay, it's not the Ayabie that was gone x years ago, and I'm nowhere close to being crazy about this album, but it sounds like they picked up from where they left off, (and by that, I mean from "Mikazuki no Kiseki" single, which is especially evident in "Temptation". Hahaha, totally New Order-inspired, even just from the title). The whole pentatonic scale-melody thing in a lot of songs is very much like Ayabie after Yumehito joined. And by that, I mean they sound like "Yubisaki". By the way, totally unrelated, but the chorus of "Star Player" reminds me of a song by Spitz o__o .

Ehh, despite having said some stuff about letting go here and there, my favorites are "Zen'aku no Higan" and "Smoke Smile Keeper," for making me feel kind of nostalgic for their slightly even older stuff, ahaha. Honestly, I wish the whole album had sounded like those 2 songs, then I'd be really happy about their comeback, lol.

Sign in to follow this