Sign in to follow this  
blackdoll

ギャロ (THE GALLO) - DIAVOLO 壱型 (Ichi Gata)

23v19f.jpg

What the holy fuck is going on, since when was VK this good besides you know who  im over here spazzing out how flawless this release is. At the same time its not a surprised since I've herd muen and if you did too, you would know if they worked out some kinks they would would be hot shit, but what this is whoah lawd good. one of the best albums this year for sure. 

01.夢魔-INCUBUS-

Awsome opening,catchy melody that keeps you head-bopping the whole time. And It's more that because the instrumental actually has something going on, and the singing is passionate and lovely. Great cool down soft part, and that lalalala was perfect. switches up at parts to keep you on your feet too

02.獄魔-ASTAROTH-

Strong start with that interesting opening, ending with laughter to just top it of. skips too the cool rapping and you like yesss.

03.嬲魔-BELIAL-

Ah the mystrious opening that lead you into, a groovy flow which you totally feeling, and getts intenser as the double bass kicks in. The the vocalist takes you for a ride with his high note and falsetto. Lovely kind of guitar solo. And to keep it from being just that song, we get some dialogue of him screaming at an entity and it talking back

04.凶魔-BEHEMOTH-

funky tune that fakes you out by going into a heart-fully chorus 

05.殲魔-ZIZ-

Is this the song that going to flop with that opening riffage? nope nice bit after that. Then some awesome vocals and vocals effects along with fast paced instrumental take you on a ride, slowing down and speeding up at points. Oh sweet solo too

06.姦魔-LEVIATHAN-

a slower jam, which generally might  be a w/e, but the vocalist carries it to goodness

07.夢魔-SUCCUBUS-

Childish singing open like at a circus, and growls and scream kick it of pushing it in to high gear, and we get a great switch between that and singing, to get another sweat chorus.

08.葬魔-LUCIFER-

some funky guitaring with growl chanting open up this chaotic goodness. Some speed corkyness have you headbanging and saying yess. With a sweet bridge

09.淫魔-BELPHEGOR-

A kind of nostalgic opening that takes you back to kiryu's  朔宵 but not in a ripoff way. Drums pound as we are laid with that yum yum chorus.

The clean vocals were laid out perfectly him playing with it, and showcasing his skills but not forgetting to but the soul into it while using effects sparingly to boost the atmosphere of the point in the song. The air growls and screams did what they were supposed to do which was provide support and aid in the wildness. And the instrumental was on point, and in no point lagging behind or trying to be overly flashy.

:_10/10_:

If anyone says VK is dead or nothing great, shove this in their face.

Also lets talk about what was going in that video of a song on the album, the vocalist was rocking in it with his attitude and grin thing. And yesssss eat the p***y

Damn, just about my only complaint so far is that this album, like DEZERT's latest one, is kinda short runtime-wise.. Other than that this is definitely some of the best stuff I've heard by them so far. Looking forward to reading translations for the lyrics, they're usually quite interesting.

Weakest track on this one is definitely 葬魔-LUCIFER-.. (i'm saying that without having heard the other type's bonus track, cuz that particular series it's part of has consistently been good)

I really enjoyed this album: I've been kinda checking out ZE GYARO for little while now since I really liked their AvelCain cover (more so than the original, heh), but some of their stuff didn't really click with me. DIAVOLO, however, was great from start to finish, with the exception of "葬魔-LUCIFER-" being the only track I was luke-warm about.

"淫魔-BELPHEGOR-" was an instant favorite of mine--I have a weakness for super melodic, yet taunting melodies like that.

going to listen to it while cooking and see if i should put it on my phone

I was completely unfamiliar with these guys, but I decided to listen to this due to all the good reviews and I'm so impressed. Really great album overall; love the old MERRY vibes going on, especially on ZIZ and LEVIATHAN. Turns out I was 100% wrong thinking they were just your average heavy band.

I am biased though as i told Key, I smell K-pop and Lycaon in the album.

05.殲魔-ZIZ-

Is this the song that going to flop with that opening riffage? nope nice bit after that. Then some awesome vocals and vocals effects along with fast paced instrumental take you on a ride, slowing down and speeding up at points. Oh sweet solo too

The exact opposite is the case. The opening riffage was the peak of the album for me and the only thing remaining in my head after the first listen. I would even say this simple roughly 15 sec were the best in any vk song 2016 so far. Here they had a chance to write a 10/10 song but ended up changing into your "average" awesome Gyaro song.

Sidenote: One of the only vk bands (if not the only one) worth visiting live. I was suprised they seem to be less known here?

The exact opposite is the case. The opening riffage was the peak of the album for me

its just that i herd i herd it before

Yas blackdoll, this review is nice.

As for me, I'm a new Gallo fan, I got into them a year ago and I'm glad I followed them. This album is just sweetness to the ears, Jojo has a beautiful voice and the compositions are sweet too. Those lyrics though..explicit af. Jojos lips are luscious btw

Yas blackdoll, this review is nice.

As for me, I'm a new Gallo fan, I got into them a year ago and I'm glad I followed them. This album is just sweetness to the ears, Jojo has a beautiful voice and the compositions are sweet too. Those lyrics though..explicit af. Jojos lips are luscious btw

giphy.gif

i skimmed them before but they were not at 100%. this was and i listened all the way through

i skimmed them before but they were not at 100%. this was and i listened all the way through

Explain bby

Explain bby

I came in at 夢宴 for example and the vocals were of clean wise. also the guitar making the higher pitch sound fucked up the heavy flow. \

and the album's vocals and or instrumentals were both lacking too as well as other previous releases. Now everything is great

I was skeptic of giving these guys a shot since their looks creep me out and the lyrics I've read even more so... but I hate to judge a book by it's cover and listened to the whole album. Holy shit. It's good.

They still creep me out a bit, definitely not my favorite band on the visual side, but they have potential on the musical side. This is an album I'd most definitely reccomend, they had me from the first track.

On 8/15/2016 at 8:26 PM, Komorebi said:

I was skeptic of giving these guys a shot since their looks creep me out and the lyrics I've read even more so...

i dont see how that's possible. just standard slutfits and history class

1 hour ago, The Moon said:

Good album, but Jojo is seriously the Ariana Grande of VK. Great voice, can't understand a fucking thing he's singing.

rotfl

Sign in to follow this