Sign in to follow this  
kukew

Cross-dressing/Trap/Transvestite Visual-kei/Not-VK Bands/Artists

First of all I didn't know where I should post this, so... please let me know ;-;

Okay, I know that basically every visual-kei band would easily fit into the idea of this topic title, but I'm talking about bands like 美女♂men Vlossom or 少年シンデレラ (shounen Cinderella), even マイドラゴン (My Dragon) or any other band that show its glow in the art of transformation, performance, etc.

Even if it's not pink, glittery, colorful, japanese or 'kawaii' at all, you should reply and share your contributions if you feel it ♫♪

美女♂men Vlossom

少年シンデレラ (shounen Cinderella)

マイドラゴン (My Dragon)

I ♥ those bands

Sui(megaromania) Ryohei(ayabie) and kaya are best at this. 

Yuuki-sama is legendary though so he shouldn't even be mentioned 

The proper term would be "onnagata". I love these types of bands, although I honestly don't listen to them a lot. I wish there were more onnagata bands who do kotekei, like way back then.

btw i don't like the term "trap", it sounds so demeaning, but that's just personal preference

Obviously there's 実験台モルモット(Jikkendai Marmot), whose vocalist is in that Shounen Cinderella session band.

Also as a former trap, I'm 100% okay with the use of that term :v

"Neko Mimi" call themselves otokonoko  (daughter of man - crossdresser, etc)

The vocalist (Mie) did some solo work too.

There was another vk(?) solo artist called CELICE or something i think as well.

Perhaps not an extreme case, but Margaret (vo/ba.) from 八十八ヶ所巡礼 tends to dress in women's clothing often + wear makeup:

OKAkx7r.jpg

7z4cdiJ.jpg

iz2Lrs2.jpg

Omg! I honestly didn't know she was a man! He does a good job then ^^;; (then again I only listened to this band only one time)

Omg! I honestly didn't know she was a man! He does a good job then ^^;; (then again I only listened to this band only one time)

LOL, I feel ya. Even with years of exposure to VK, I was mildly confused when I first saw this PV ages ago. I've also shown their PVs to people who are oblivious to Japanese music, and they thought he was a she too. But I also see how his squeaky vocals could be misconstrued for female too - @ghost seemed to have a bit of trouble making them out in the recent trade-off thread. XD

Perhaps not an extreme case, but Margaret (vo/ba.) from 八十八ヶ所巡礼 tends to dress in women's clothing often + wear makeup:

Wow, I've never heard this band and they sound really amazing!  What's the translation of their name in English?  Like.. 88 kasyo or something?

Finally, a thread to discuss trap music

+1

7z4cdiJ.jpg

hot, like i would watch em get it on

Wow, I've never heard this band and they sound really amazing!  What's the translation of their name in English?  Like.. 88 kasyo or something?

88kasyo junrei

Strangely it's only just dawned on me after reading this thread just how feminine Margaret is. I've always just seen him as 'eccentric' rather than overtly 'feminine', but now that you mention it...

Avu is a trans woman, not a crossdresser

Since I am speaking of the band, it's pretty obvious that I am not focusing on Avu (since she is a trans and it has been clear ever since their major debut) but nonetheless, they still had/still have crossdressing guitarists (current one is not exactly "genderbending" to that extent but he could be considered as a vk-tier "crossdresser" by MH standards).

113674489.jpg

Gigi-chan (former) as an example

I might have pointed it out first (my fault, sry) but careful observers notice exactly why I posted one of their older PVs (I could always post jpopsuki.tv links but it won't make sense that way, will it?)

88kasyo junrei: Really liked that one, they're good♥  

Thank you all for contributing in this topic. ~ :D

And... just for the crossdressing... w

Would ol' Onan Spelmermaid (Spermermaid? not sure what the correct romanization would be) count  ITT? He's released at LEAST one CD

10 hours ago, Tokage said:

Would ol' Onan Spelmermaid (Spermermaid? not sure what the correct romanization would be) count  ITT? He's released at LEAST one CD

she announced she was transitioning on twitter a few months ago.

Oh really? Hadn't heard about that, good for her!

Sign in to follow this