22 members have voted

1. 1. which band was better

old ayabie

47-a.jpg

vs.

Old girugamesh

89535.jpg

whut? what is this random poll xD

I'm personally old ayabie all the way but, I really don't understand why did you choose these two bands? You put zero indications of your choice.

Because they have nothing in common. Like, nothing. So, if you see similarities, please explain, I'm all ears.

Maybe it's like what band is better at being better in their old state compared to their new state?!

If that's the case, old Ayabie all the way. Old Girugamesh sucks aside from a handful of songs :P

whut? what is this random poll xD

I'm personally old ayabie all the way but, I really don't understand why did you choose these two bands? You put zero indications of your choice.
Because they have nothing in common. Like, nothing. So, if you see similarities, please explain, I'm all ears.

can you tell me the differences in them be very specific, then maybe, maybe.... i 2nd guess myself

Very random band battle. This is an easy one for me. 

I've never liked Girugamesh but I was really into Ayabie from 04 to 08 though I personally liked them best when Ryohei was in the band.

This is a screwy poll and I'm not voting 'cause I can't decide.

Instead, I'm gonna take this time to rant about these bands.

Old アヤビエ will always be a million times better than ...... whatever the hell 彩冷える turned into after ... you-know-who joined. Old ギルガメッシュ is way better than mid-career girugämesh, and relatively better than current girugamesh (may vary depending on tolerance to djentified beep-boops).

Also, I can't say enough that I miss 2004 era アヤビエ; hell, even "virgin snow colour" era 彩冷える, that album was golden! I mean, I didn't know about the band until 2011, but I just wish things could have turned out differently.

As for girugamesh... let's just forget all about GO (and some of NOW).

Old アヤビエ will always be a million times better than ...... whatever the hell 彩冷える turned into after ... you-know-who joined. Old ギルガメッシュ is way better than mid-career girugämesh, and relatively better than current girugamesh (may vary depending on tolerance to djentified beep-boops).

Also, I can't say enough that I miss 2004 era アヤビエ; hell, even "virgin snow colour" era 彩冷える, that album was golden! I mean, I didn't know about the band until 2011, but I just wish things could have turned out differently.

I can personally totally relate to this. <3

You all know how much I love Ryohei, he's my favourite musician, and with him on ayabie, well, they were more VK, they were...different. I can't complain for its departure tho, since he created megamasso and I am thankful for that. But dammit, these old time, that was something!

Songs like daikei, da-gi-e ... are probably their best heavy/VK songs.

That said, I'm exactly like you, @Seimeisen. I was expecting something better from 彩冷える, and the beginning was promising (I own a few things from this period). I started to gave up entirely with the TheME single (I can't even remember its name), it was for me the breaking point. Which saddened me because, I love Aoi's voice, and even more today, because years after years of practice, he's better. But his solo career was not what I expected too ;-;

This is why I was so excited to heard that Aoi was collaborating with Ryohei once again. The main composer and the vocalist together again for a new ride, it was a dream come true, and the remakes of ayabie's old songs are stunning. I wouldn't be against a full remake album.

Songs like daikei, da-gi-e ... are probably their best heavy/VK songs.

YEAAH, those are my favourite アヤビエ tracks!

I was expecting something better from 彩冷える, and the beginning was promising (I own a few things from this period). I started to gave up entirely with the TheME single (I can't even remember its name), it was for me the breaking point.

MELTAWAY

More rant: I actually kinda dig the b-sides from that one. I gave all the post-涼平 material a chance, and at first I was pretty into it, then a few years later I went back, and was like noooooope. Of post-涼平, I still like the beastly virgin snow colour, 桜舞う, Cubic'「L/R」ock, DEATHBIE, and インテツ's metalcore version of 妄想日記. But everything else I don't like. And don't even get me started on their TOKUMA material, gg.

This is why I was so excited to heard that Aoi was collaborating with Ryohei once again. The main composer and the vocalist together again for a new ride, it was a dream come true, and the remakes of ayabie's old songs are stunning. I wouldn't be against a full remake album.

Still annoyed that they abandoned this project. It was pretty much an アヤビエ revival (all that was missing was タケヒト and インテツ lol). Also annoyed that DEATHBIE was abandoned.

while girugamesh also had like no bad songs at that time, they were kinda just another headbanger band. ayabie though was really versatile, with their (guessing here) heavymetal speed metal hybrid thing and being able to make excellent softer or fun stuff too that you actually really got into. Also seems to me that their instrumentals did more. Also aoi's whispers were really sinister and even though you could guess he wasn't a screamer/growler he put some good ones that gave the metal and hard rock a breath of fresh air with songs like Asshuku roll, lempicka, Toppatsu Sei Sousaku Shoukougun, tseppeshi taberu, and topaz. Like @Seimeisen i discover this time period ayabie late and loved it as well cubic L [rock] (sanbyou was newer too right?). I'm really sad about them too because they sound have held onto their sound and original memeber and became big. And there isnt another band with that sound really.

oh and for real, chaos cream festival's opening is so dope

168 had like 2 or more good songs, but wish he would have screamed

fukai no yami, freesia, owari to mirai, real my place...there's no competition sorry!

Same here. 

I could never get into Ayabie until after the Ryohei years. My friends tried pretty hard to get me into them but they just never clicked with me until "Cubic'「L/R」ock". girugamesh however won me over right away with "Volcano" and that has stayed one of my favorite tracks from them ever since. I've never really stopped enjoying them either, some stuff I like more than the others, but overall I have enjoyed them consistently so their "old" work wins for me.

Interesting factoid that "Cubic'「L/R」ock" and "Volcano" came out within 3 months of each other. 

I remember trying Ayabie once and being displeased with em. I should probably revisit cuz they seem to have had some gems here, according to these posts.

But for the Poles sake, old school Girugamesh. They were untouchable. And its cool now that they are revisiting that style in their latest release. 

I like both, but the only release I'll listen to by either band in 2016 is 13's Reborn, so this is an easy one for me. Girugamesh all the way.