CAT5

Recommended Tracks: February 2016!

Recommended Tracks Feb. 2016  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which tracks did you enjoy this month?

• "æ??-MOON" by AvelCain
    • "Luxuria" by MALISEND
    • "形のç?¡ã?ã?ä½?ã??ã??ã??ã?æ??ã?ã?のはã?ã?å?ã ã?ã?" "(katachi no nai, nani yori mo, aishita no wa, omae dake ga)" by gibiky gibiky gibiky
    • "ã?ã??ã?なã??å??だã?の人 (sayounara boku dake no hito)" by ã??ã?« (belle)
    • "欲æ??のæ­? (yokubou no uta)" by ã?´ã?¼ã?«ã??ã?³ã??ã?³ã?ã?¼ (Golden Bomber)
    • "灰ç?¼ã«å¸°ã? (kaijin ni kaesu)" by ã?µã?¦ã?¤ã??ã?¢ã?? (souiumono)
    • "Little Boy" by Seuss
    • "ã?¨ã?¡ã?©ã?«ã??ã?°ã?ªã?¼ã?³ (emerald green)" by そã?に鳴ã?? (sokoninaru)
    • "æ?±è?²ã®ç©º (Shuiro no Sora)" by Deathfina
    • "è?¥è??é?¢ã??ã?止まã??なã?!" by ZETSURINâ?¡HAGUKI
    • "9rue1 au5ocracy" by Insanity Injection
    • "Vinyl" by HOLLOWGRAM
    • "Strong Fate" by å??楽å?¨ã?ã?³ã??
    • "B.R.N" by Insanity Injection
    • "Where the Falling Angel Meets the Rising Ape" by Cyclamen
    • "ã??ã?µã??ã?ªã??ã??ã?«ã?»ã??ã?¤ã?¨ã??ã??ã?" by Charisma.com
    • "Veiled Eyes" by PLASTICZOOMS
    • "No. 2" by CIDERGIRL
    • "氷のç?¿ (Ave Maria)" by Poet-type.M
    • "Urusai." by SUPER BEAVER
    • "KOKO" by WEAVER
    • "KICK ASS HERO" by FEELFLIP & SKALL HEADZ
    • "æ??ã??貫く槍(toki o tsuranuku yari)" by Within The Last Wish
    • "Delicious" by MONKEY MAJIK
    • "gods" by mothercoat
    • "C.P.U." by ã??ã?ªã?¢ã?ã?? (Maria Hato)
    • "æ®?æ?æ­?(junrenka)" by BORN
    • "Ruin" by Deviloof

Recommended New Tracks: February 2016!

Greetings, fellow Monochromians! February has come and gone, and the year has already yielded a ton of musical goodies! We've got a lot to recommend this month. and we've also got a handful of new contributors this month! Please welcome our new ORZ members @emmny (altho he has contributed before), @togz, and @tetsu_sama69 into the fold! I'd also like to give a shout-out to our guest contributors this month, @yakihiko, and @Matsuchan! So saddle in and check which out what we've got to recommend this month. Let us know what you think and feel free to discuss your own picks as well!

ds_lolita_love.gif

If it conveniences you, you can check out our YouTube playlist for this month here! ^^

@emmny's Picks: "月-MOON"byAvelCaino5LIooH.png

AvelCain are currently one of my favourite active bands, so while this song was technically released in the tail end of January, I gotta shout it out anyway. "月-MOON-" is actually the opening theme to an upcoming 'movie' called MOONBOW which vocalist Karma is acting in, so how it'll fit into the context of the movie is beyond me since few details have been released (as per AvelCain's mysterious shtick). The song works great as a standalone single; eve, their producer and main songwriter pulls out all the stops, pairing heavy chugging guitars with a cloyingly sweet chorus and surprisingly prominent string arrangements. "月-MOON-" is a lovely pop song at its core, but it leaves me wondering whether AvelCain will push their poppy sensibilities further and further away from their alt-metal roots as the current flagship band of Shizumiya Records for the sake of their popularity. While there's a certain level of quality we can expect from AvelCain, they always have a surprise or two to throw at listeners, which is why I'm on the edge of my seat for the release of 蘇-よみがえり- (yomigaeri) in March.

"Luxuria" by MALISENDoAZ0Vnr.png

Malisend's debut mini-album ロストソレイユ (lost soleil) suffered from something I'd like to call preview-disorder. You know when you're so hyped for a band's release that you listen to the promos for weeks before the actual release but when you hear the full songs they just feel kind of stale? From what I heard on the previews, it was awesome--dark, brooding metal with a heavy gothic/coll:set-era D'espairsRay influence. Unfortunately, the songs didn't develop well enough to keep up with all the ideas thrown at listeners. "Luxuria" should have suffered the most with its relatively short running length of 3:30, but the doomy guitars and ominous vocals reminiscent of iconic D'espairsRay fan favourite "Garnet" paired with a furious drum section are too delicious to resist. The breakdown at the last minute of the song where the song crumbles before heading back into the riotous verse is nothing short of breathtaking, and that moment sealed its fate as an album highlight.

"形の無い、何よりも、愛したのは、お前だけが" "(katachi no nai, nani yori mo, aishita no wa, omae dake ga)" by gibiky gibiky gibiky3PqyXk4.png

highfashionparalyze, the odd nagoya kei outfit originally composed of Aie and Kazuma (ex-merry go round, smells) changed their name earlier this year to the equally odd "gibiky gibiky gibiky" in response to the addition of bassist Kazu (ex-kagerou) and Sakura (ex-l'arc en ciel, zigzo), signaling a new era and sound for the band. They operate on the outskirts of visual/nagoya kei, as their sound is mostly based off of improvisation with a heavy noise/experimental rock leaning. This song has been around in one form or another since the band's 2009 demo, surfacing again as a full-band remake on the live distribute single MA&MA&MA from 2015, which will again be featured on their upcoming first full length album. While HFP/gibiky 3x can be quite hit-and-miss given the jarring vocals and off-kilter guitar work, "形の無い、何よりも、愛したのは、お前だけが" is absolute alt-rock perfection. Kazuma can easily overpower a track with his intense vocal acrobatics, but aie and co. keep up without missing a beat, turning a once haunted and sparse demo in a brilliantly melancholy full-band arrangement.

@fitear1590's Picks: "さようなら僕だけの人 (sayounara boku dake no hito)"byベル (belle)ZKoiQMo.png

Belle most notably features guitarist Yumehito (ex-2 different versions of Ayabie). Since their debut in late 2014, they mostly flew under my radar, first sparking my interest last fall with their "ビードロ (vidro)" video, which harkened back to some late 90s/early 2000s white kei guitar tones! While that song was good, the new PV track from their first full album is perfucktion. The band reminds me of カルペディエム (Carpe diem) with their beautiful sense of melody and tastefully exaggerated vocals. And again, Yumehito's airy guitar tones are just lovely. There's definitely something very refreshing about this band in the current scene. Skip to 1:31 in the video to hop straight to the music!

"欲望の歌 (yokubou no uta)" by ゴールデンボンバー (Golden Bomber)OiknmPZ.png

Oh. My. God. I think we collectively shit ourselves when known troll band Golden Bomber released this PV masterpiece. From the obvious MALICE MIZER and LAREINE costume homages, to the more subtle nods to X-JAPAN/Dir en grey and Versailles-esque music, there's plenty to enjoy for longtime fans of the scene. Whether it's chubby-faced Gacktmijo with braces or playing with the "PV white girl" trope by having fake-Klaha chase her through the forest while striking vanity poses, the video is just a blast. I never found the appeal in this band, but recently, something's clicking. The vocalist's contribution on the recent スピッツ (Spitz) cover album was actually beautiful and now this hilarity. There's a special place in VK hell for Golden Bomber, but you know what, I think they're totally down to own that spot!

"灰燼に帰す (kaijin ni kaesu)" by サウイフモノ (souiumono)U1MtQhV.png

Souiumono may have recently announced their disbandment, but at least they're going out with a bang. Not only did they have the most entertaining and RPG-appropriate announcement (@Trombe's translation: "the band will disband as demon boss is defeated, curse is dispelled and subjugation quest is cleared, and peace of the world is restored"), they also left us farewell album GAME OVER. While there are a few too many old tracks, the new ones do not disappoint. Track two, composed by bassist Nuppe, combines the heaviness we've come to know in this last era of souiumono with SACCI's gorgeous dramatic choruses, recalling something Merveilles-era Gackt might sing (yes, two MALICE MIZER references this month). I just hope we don't have to wait too long before the members resurface in new bands.

"Little Boy" by SeussNzJgXdO.png

Seuss's new track is a mellow indie anthem. The marchy beat is what initially pulls you in. When the vocals emerge from the dense spiral of riffs, they are a bit garbled. While Engrish can be a turnoff, I have definitely come to appreciate this song a lot more than their clunky twee pop single, "Dancing stupid". I find myself coming back to this latest track, for background music if nothing else. Their album TODAY WAS GOOD is out March 9th.

"エメラルドグリーン (emerald green)" by そこに鳴る (sokoninaru)8R1Qdtg.png

Last year, I reviewed sokoninaru's debut EP I'm NOT a pirolian. "Emerald green" is the band's first single from their new mini, YAMINABE. How does it fare, you ask? Just based on this song, the band has streamlined many of perceived 'gimmicks' of pirolian's PV track "pirorhythm stabilizer 〜only your world〜," but vocalist/guitarist Suzuki does squeeze in a rad solo, as he's known to do. Overall, it's closer in style to “夏の落とし物 (natsu no otoshimono), which was my favorite from their first EP, so no complaints here. As far as I'm concerned, they work best when they're just a little more mellow. With 8 tracks on the upcoming YAMINABE, I think a lot of us will have a much better idea of how we feel about this polarizing band come March 9th.

@tetsu_sama69's Picks: "朱色の空 (Shuiro no Sora)"byDeathfinakAbe0EM.png

When I first heard of this band, I was a little hesitant - mostly because Haku's vocals in his previous band Mitht needed a lot of work and I was concerned there might not be much improvement on his end... I was very wrong. After returning to the Visual-Kei scene with Deathfina, their first release, "Shuiro no Sora", really impressed me, especially the A-Side track of the same name. Even though it's a slower song, it packs a lot of emotional energy in it, which is something a lot of bands have trouble doing for me recently. There isn't a point where the instrumentals derive from the feel of the track, and it's not overtaken by the slightly gothic synths, Haku's deep vocals help bring together this pretty solid song.

"若者離れが止まらない!" by ZETSURIN⚡HAGUKIycxUvsT.png

This release totally came out of nowhere for me and latched onto me with its super infectious and groovy vibe. ZETSURIN⚡HAGUKI came from the ashes of now disbanded Tokyo Heroes and didn't pull any punches, especially with the title track "Wakamono Banare ga Tomaranai!" It's an extremely energetic track with a sweet and tasty Spanish guitar flavor. I've tried to get this song out of my head since I first listened to it, but once the bass line kicks in and takes you to the chorus, it's hard to resist the urge to jam to this addictive song. It's also hard to pick exactly what I like the most about this song because, overall, there isn't a weak point in the instrumentals or the vocals and something about it reminds of the heavy, jazzier songs MUCC used to release.

"9rue1 au5ocracy" by Insanity InjectionvAJu0Df.png

First of all, y'all knew this was coming, and a track of this single had to make it on here, especially since I've been looking forward to this band since it was revealed it was an actual band. I was also more than happy it was released internationally so anyone can buy it online almost anywhere! Even though I enjoyed the single as a whole, one song hit me right where it made my heart explode into a ball of happiness. "9rue1 au5ocracy" is everything batshit I hoped this band would release, and if you like a heavy, dark punch to the face followed by a train of wild screams, then this is the real deal. Chaos's and Kyoka's vocals dip up and down into a mingle of sweet, strange harmony before twisting into dark, hard-hitting and chaotic screams, spiced with pure head-banging instrumentals throughout.

@Zeus's Picks: "Vinyl"byHOLLOWGRAM9EcyzoZ.png

Halfway between 9GOATS and GULLET, HOLLOWGRAM never had the spark to their music to really catch on. Anyone that's dabbled in visual kei can tell you how important it is to stand out. That's why vocalist Ryo's sudden outburst to start "Vinyl" off is so important. The confused electronic elements and the lifeless guitar work are out, and rock is in! Coupled with a charismatic vocalist who is the very definition of consistency, it is difficult not to lose yourself in this song. "Vinyl" sounds like KEEL without aie's influences, that Nagoya kei guitar tone, and aggressive bass. Ryo intends to do something totally different with HOLLOWGRAM than his previous projects and it appears that the band needed some time to truly come together. If this is the new direction they wish to go in, I will gladly follow.

"Strong Fate" by 和楽器バンドFgUXAyU.png

I'm left wondering where this band pulls their influences from every time they release a new single. "Strong Fate" is a ballad with a twist near the middle and the end because despite the name, this band is anything but "traditional" compositionally. Vocalist Yuuko Suzuhana has a habit of stealing the limelight - and it's not hard to when you are this talented - but for once it's the entire band which grabs my attention instead. Different instruments take center stage depending on the tone called for at the moment, so the transitions between the koto/shakuhachi and the guitar/percussion are not only refreshing, they feel natural too! The atmosphere conjured is intense. It's incredibly satisfying to be lulled into a state of complacency only to skyrocket into the stratosphere without warning. And of course I can't forget to mention the major label production which turns everything up to 11. Yet another interesting single from one of my guilty pleasures.

"B.R.N" by Insanity InjectionvAJu0Df.png

Between his flamboyant taste in visual kei apparel to sounding like he never left 1999, Kyouka's antics will never get old to me. INSANITY INJECTION is the new band I have been waiting for and picks up right where Kyouka's other bands left off. One half old-school kote kei charm and the other half mental badassery with those eagle screams to top it off, this is the most inspired revival kei sound I've heard in quite some time. On top of that, the looks and production values put the visual back in visual kei. The falsettos and that chorus drive the cheese home even more. "B.R.N" is a very interesting first single, and I2 is shaping up to be the experimental mess that DROSERA OBLAAT. was meant to be. I can't wait.

"Where the Falling Angel Meets the Rising Ape" by Cyclamenl58Il5v.png

Member change-ups have haunted Cyclamen like no other over the last few years, but that doesn't stop magnanimous front man Hayato Imanishi one bit! Cyclamen is a band that moves through phases and now is that time where we return to explore the softer, more tranquil side of Cyclamen's sound. "Where the Falling Angel Meets the Rising Ape" as a tribute to Terry Pratchett, author of the Discworld fantasy novels, is touching enough. What really sells this track for me is how super chilled and dreamy the atmosphere is, reminding me so much of the whimsical adventures detailed in the "Discworld" series. I'm genuinely saddened when it comes to a close, but the short length works in it's favor too. It's nice to see Cyclamen still experimenting and with all of the new tracks we've been getting previews of. I'm excited to see where this band goes next!

"「サプリミナル・ダイエット」" by Charisma.comZ0wgeuN.png

Now let's talk about catchy! I've gained a soft spot for this dynamic duo ever since DIStopping. Their music meets at the three way intersection of culturally relevant, catchy, and hard hitting without coming across as too preachy or holier-than-thou. "Suppliminal Diet" - a combination of "subliminal" and "dietary supplement" -  discusses the harm that the media and society causes by promoting unhealthy body types. The focus on how society/media is a supplementary diet pill is crazy genius and the music video is great fun while still keeping that signature Charisma.com weirdness. It's a tad over produced, but hats off to the girls for making such a high energy song with an important meaning! It seriously gets catchier with every listen. I already can't wait for 「愛泥C」.

@togz's Pick: "Veiled Eyes"byPLASTICZOOMSxUZWNsr.png

PLASTICZOOMS has always been a band I found interesting whether it be because of their flaws or unique musical choices. Over the past few releases, this band has shown great change in their sound and style. Veiled Eyes doesn't fail to bring change to the table yet again. It was announced that this song would be a digital release but... I didn't realize the song would be so digital. While I don't think this one track sums up PLASTICZOOMS as a whole, I do feel it's a great song to check out as it does have hints of that more New Wave sound mixed with their previous Nu Goth tendencies. Aside from the mixture of the previous two genres, they've added a lot more electronic elements that really boost the song in to a dance-like groove. The bands production and mixing quality seem to be improving alongside Sho's vocal range. This song is a lot of fun, and I've been waiting for PLASTICZOOMS to release this for sometime. I wasn't disappointed and you won't be either! If you'd like to check this track out, you can purchase it on itunes~!

@beni's Picks: "No. 2"byCIDERGIRLWYFhoVk.png

Being their first track on their latest second mini-album, there's a lot to love with this indie, all male band despite their petite discography. The familiarity of the chorus in "No.2" might be too along the lines of 'been there, done that' but it somehow makes it instantly memorable. The crystal clear vocals and poppy yet rocking melodies is something to be enjoyed by plenty of us.

"氷の皿 (Ave Maria)" by Poet-type.MX6ELMgf.png

What a find to get into the swing of things for 2016. Being a member of two late rock bands, namely BURGER NUDS (1980) and Good Dog Happy Men (1999) didn't stop this dude from going to even greater things as a soloist back in 2011 and again in 2013 after a pause in activities. The Visual Kei-esque vocals took me by surprise at first until I was lulled into the dreamy sound of the tune and fell for everything that makes the song. The mix of soft rock and electro makes for a contemporary mash of differing genres which works wonder, and with his lush, distinctive vocals it all mashes splendidly together. It's another of those underwater/deep blue sounding songs that comes off as peaceful and romantic, leaving a super lasting impression.

"Urusai." by SUPER BEAVERs5HkWAQ.png

SUPER BEAVER have been on a roll recently and there's no stopping them. Continuously getting better with every release, "Urusai." is proving to be their bulls eye - their best song to date. At only two minutes and thirty five seconds long, the tune is a roller-coaster, squashing in its energetic chorus three times and a softer, slower couple of verses. The song is fittingly named "Urusai.", as we all know means 'shut up'. The song opens with vocals from all the guys and guitar chugs that penetrate your ear drums, instantly becoming addicting. Being a short song that packs a punch, I can promise you that you'll be coming back to it repeatedly. Loud, obnoxious, and bursting with energy, SUPER BEAVER certainly are a super bunch.

"KOKO" by WEAVERUhN7ImE.png

Like SUPER BEAVER, WEAVER is a band that I hold close to my heart because of their charm. There's something strangely surreal, empowering and warm about their music, and "KOKO" is probably their best song to prove this. With a sound that sets them apart from your usual pop/rock bands in America only because they're Japanese, "KOKO" is both engaging and has too much repeat factor for its own good. The song has plenty of colour and character to it thanks to the structure which is similar to that of the dubstep genre; a strong and loud build up before the chorus hits. Artistic and full of flare, there really isn't a dull moment in "KOKO".

@doombox's Picks: "KICK ASS HERO"byFEELFLIP & SKALL HEADZQSaDUSx.png

To celebrate their ongoing ska punk festival concerts with the same name, band bros FEELFLIP and SKALL HEADZ put out a kick ass song to go along with just how kick ass it must be to bring the entire Japanese ska punk scene together year after year. The song and video are a high energy romps true to the spirit of both bands' work with strong horn sections and lots of pop-punk ruckus that proves that the more the merrier, indeed! 

"時を貫く槍(toki o tsuranuku yari)" by Within The Last WishodY8tTJ.png

I've been in love with this track since the video came out last month, but when I saw it was recently uploaded to Bandcamp for ¥200 (with a second and equally amazing song) I had to snatch it up, asap. I have a major weakness for the screamo-esque vocals over hyper-melodic post-hardcore and the swirling dissonance that radiates from this track. Within The Last Wish have masterfully crafted a powerful and memorable approach to tackling age-old feelings of loss and introspection.

"Delicious" by MONKEY MAJIKBQQbvGR.png

It's hard not to dance along to this feel good jam from what is probably one of the most unassuming J-pop groups in history. If MONKEY MAJIK didn't release something new for the Year of the Monkey it would be a sad missed opportunity for sure. The song, and hilarious video, play on some retro 80s-inspired jazz-funk complete with jazzercize dancers in horrible spandex to round out the 'it's so bad, it's good' concept. The music and lyrics are extremely catchy as we'd expect, but they're also a bit of a new leaf from your typical acoustic-ballad style MM is known for. It ends up being just the spark of creativity needed to keep things fresh, yet familiar.

@CAT5's Picks: "gods"bymothercoat4H8rU3W.png

After the release of last year's super solid album "GOHUM", indie-quirksters mothercoat have returned with a new single, and they've stepped their game up another notch! "gods" almost sounds like a mash-up of their previously released songs "fake a fake" and "post", sporting a slightly mathy main riff that's rhythmically remeniscent of the former, yet carries the buoyant energy of the latter. The production on "gods" is also noticeably improved from the band's 2015 output. Every instrument is clearly audible with a pristine sense of individual space and clarity. Even with the vocals laid atop, everything jives pleasantly as a whole. "gods" is a distinctly 'mothercoat song', but it should appeal to any fan who likes a bit of 'pep' in ther indie-rock 'step'. ; )

"C.P.U."byマリアハト (Maria Hato)XIpY2ox.png

If there's one thing you should know about me, it's that I fucking LOVE mmm (me-my-mo). Who is mmm? You're right to ask. Chances are you probably haven't heard of her unless you're an ardent fan of Japanese indie-folk singers. Long story short, she's an underground folk musician that got her start in 2006 and has been involved with the scene since, performing with several bands like oono yuuki, Oh Shu, and Aniss & Lacanca. She has a unique voice and a penchant for writing compelling songs. She could release a record of herself blowing into a mic, and I'd still love it. I'm biased. Sue me. Thankfully, the music she makes is actually much more interesting that. After a brief 'retirement' from the music world in 2013, she returned in late 2014, much to my delight. She's also resumed activities with her band マリアハト, and they've just released this utterly fantastic 7inch single. mmm has always shown unorthodox tendencies in her music, but "C.P.U." is, without a doubt, her most adventurous song to date. It starts off simple and pleasant enough, but then veers off into an unexpected breakdown, complete with tribal drumming and noise-sax, before diverging even further into a psychedelic-dub haze. The song never looses its way, however; these aural detours somehow feel like they were a planned route all along. I love it! Be sure to check out the equally trippy PV in the spoiler!

☆Guest☆ Picks: "殉恋歌(junrenka)" by BORNjBxtzfy.png

Bringing the typical BORN music format, "殉恋歌(junrenka)" is such an amazing song, with heavy bass, average drums, guitars as always fitting very well with each other and with high traces of Ryoga's epic and crazy singing style. If you know how each member's voice sounds, you can clearly notice all of their voices in some parts of the song, which make this, and their last single even greater.

-submitted by @yakihiko

"Ruin"byDeviloofXokJb1S.png

Deviloof is a 5 member Deathcore band from Osaka claiming to be the "Most violence and extreme Visual Kei band" and with their 1st Single "Ruin", which was originally released in December but made available through indie-CD shops since February 10th, they definitely proove that they have every right to do so! A pretty good amount of blastbeats, and probably the heaviest breakdowns and most nasty-sounding vocals of the scene make this song a must listen for every fan of heavy Visual Kei..

-submitted by @Matsuchan

See you next month! :3

hells yeah bitches this is such an awesome list!! gonna check out within the last wish bc the mere mention of screamo drives me mad. im late on insanity injection but i'll get on that asap.

Avelcain song sounds a bit like something Eve would pen for his (prospective) vocaloid project (considering that he kinda dabbles between two scenes atm). Other than that, there's a few nice picks here and there which I admire to the certain extent. Good job guys - you seemed to be more positive about February than I was anyway lol :D

Speaking of my picks that are not really catering everyone's tastes:

ZAQ - hopeness (single)

- Weirdly intriguing 2k16 anime theme right there! Digging that late-90s/early 00s frillage.

Kanon Wakeshima - Love your enemies (single)

- Kanon just keeps going on and does her own thing well (ever since her latest full-length effort)

Akai Kou'en - Canvas (single)

- What seems to be very direct no-frills girl pop rock is actually the collection of interesting, instrumental elements (*cough* music theorems, sorry) and approaches. I am unhealthily biased about their guitarist  and her songwriting approaches, seriously.

Silent Siren - Cherry Bomb (digital promo single)

- Silent Siren being familiarly quirky and utterly positive as usual.

EDIT: isn't Deviloof by any chance another "Was casual but later turned into a vk band"-kind of act? Not that I checked their background, just wondering (they DO take their sound a bit further than most br00tal kei bands do)

Thank you all for the reviews, and once again for this opportunity.

From all the mentions from my review partners, the track I enjoyed the most was MOON by Avelcain, this was like the first time me enjoying this band. This and 夜光虫 are pretty cool ballads.

About PLASTICZOOMS, I have to agree with @togz when saying Sho's vocal keeps improving, but the part till 0:36 is pretty awful because it makes Sho's voice kind of disappear :/ but I still like it too.

Also, I'm going to have a better check on @fitear1590's サウイフモノ and ベル.

Lots of good picks this month. I got to check out the youtube playlist for the first time, which was really awesome and convenient to do some studying and let it play through.

@fitear1590 omg that Golden Bomber video was one of the best things I've seen in so long. I laughed so hard. I usually like their videos but that is probably my new favorite. xD Also I loved that new sokoninaru. I hope they keep it up!

@tetsu_sama69 I don't know how I missed the news on ZETSURIN⚡HAGUKI because I enjoyed Tokyo Heroes, so this is great to hear. I liked the song a lot so I'll be looking out for them. Thanks for recommending!

@Zeus I love that Cyclamen track and was happy to see them on this list this month,and that Charisma.com song is such an earcreeper. I can't stop singing the chorus after it plays. 

@beni That Super Beaver song is so much love! <3

EDIT: isn't Deviloof by any chance another "Was casual but later turned into a vk band"-kind of act? Not that I checked their background, just wondering (they DO take their sound a bit further than most br00tal kei bands do)

I got region blocked by the Silent Siren song but I usually quite like them so I'm sure I'd be on the fan train for it if I could check it out. I'll get my hands on it sooner or later lol. And I do believe Deviloof was a typical deathcore band before they went visual. It was mentioned they were previously named All Must Die.

Lots of good picks this month. I got to check out the youtube playlist for the first time, which was really awesome and convenient to do some studying and let it play through.

@fitear1590 omg that Gold Bomber video was one of the best things I've seen in so long. I laughed so hard. I usually like their videos but that is probably my new favorite. xD Also I loved that new sokoninaru. I hope they keep it up!

@tetsu_sama69 I don't know how I missed the news on ZETSURIN⚡HAGUKI because I enjoyed Tokyo Heroes, so this is great to hear. I liked the song a lot so I'll be looking out for them. Thanks for recommending!

@Zeus I love that Cyclamen track and was happy to see them on this list this month,and that Charisma.com song is such an earcreeper. I can't stop singing the chorus after it plays. 

@beni That Super Beaver song is so much love! <3

I got region blocked by the Silent Siren song but I usually quite like them so I'm sure I'd be on the fan train for it if I could check it out. I'll get my hands on it sooner or later lol. And I do believe Deviloof was a typical deathcore band before they went visual. It was mentioned they were previously named All Must Die.

Pardon, didn't notice that YT Red is doing its malevolent tricks lately:

http://en.musicplayon.com/play?v=755487

"Cherry Bomb" should be unrestricted there. (even though PV was premiered much earlier, promotion itself was on February-ish (as far as my Recochoku senses realized that)

Pardon, didn't notice that YT Red is doing its malevolent tricks lately:

http://en.musicplayon.com/play?v=755487

"Cherry Bomb" should be unrestricted there. (even though PV was premiered much earlier, promotion itself was on February-ish (as far as my Recochoku senses realized that)

Yeah YTRed is a pain in the butt! lol

Thanks. That was exactly what I was hoping for. Sounds great! So looks like the release is coming out today (3.02)? So just in time. :)

i was really surprised to see avelcain's moon here haha. glad to see it got featured! moon was a great single and i can't wait for yomigaeri!

honestly, i've checked nearly zero releases for february so this is great for me to see what i've been missing out! (aside from those that have not been leaked yet) anyway awesome list, i like what i'm hearing so far! and wow i really need to catch up with aie's projects because that gibiky track is lovely~

still haven't gotten around to checking deviloof either. that track is pretty killer.

I am going to try and make my quick comments a monthly thing...since I'm not hip enough to listen to things soon enough to make it on the list lol. Same thing as always - one play through with nothing more than the first thing that comes to my mind and a rating system that forces myself to be positive or negative.

Green = mhmm
Yellow = hmmm
Orange = uhhhhh
Red = uuuugh

"月-MOON" by AvelCain
Really not bad, but rather bland. Also synth violins :( (although I must say that there usage here this is much better than most of the time I hear them). 

"Luxuria" by MALISEND
A lot of promise here, but it still feels pretty rough. Vocalist feels like he is better suited to screaming and growling that singing. Synth bits weren't doing it for me, but the rest of the song felt solid. I think the 2007 me would have ate this up.

"形の無い、何よりも、愛したのは、お前だけが" "(katachi no nai, nani yori mo, aishita no wa, omae dake ga)" by gibiky gibiky gibiky
I'm a sucker for Nagoya kei.

"さようなら僕だけの人 (sayounara boku dake no hito)" by ベル (belle)
I dig the song as a whole, but the falsetto is a bit much for me.

"欲望の歌 (yokubou no uta)" by ゴールデンボンバー (Golden Bomber)
Song was meh. But the PV was absolute gold.

"灰燼に帰す (kaijin ni kaesu)" by サウイフモノ (souiumono)
Good "standard" VK. Wasn't much feeling the vocals.

"Little Boy" by Seuss
Vocals flat out kill it for me. No thank you.

"エメラルドグリーン (emerald green)" by そこに鳴る (sokoninaru)
I dig the fuck out of this. I love male-female vocal tradeoffs, and when combined with competent musicians in an interesting composition, we have a winner.

"朱色の空 (Shuiro no Sora)" by Deathfina
somewhere between bad and bland.

"若者離れが止まらない!" by ZETSURIN⚡HAGUKI
Other than the band chant, I dug this one.

"9rue1 au5ocracy" by Insanity Injection
I'm sorry Zess, but this is just bad. 

"Vinyl" by HOLLOWGRAM
I can't appreciate this track over youtube. I needs to be played in fully analog to truly appreciate it ::pushes up hipster glasses::
Side note - ""Vinyl" sounds like KEEL without aie's influences" pretty much means to me that it doesn't sound like KEEL lol.

"Strong Fate" by 和楽器バンド
Pretty sure your youtube link is wrong ;)
Wagakki keeps killing it.

"B.R.N" by Insanity Injection
I think I might be the grumpy old man that just used to link VK...idk.

"Where the Falling Angel Meets the Rising Ape" by Cyclamen
Hayato is Cyclamen. And Hayato is awesome.

"「サプリミナル・ダイエット」" by Charisma.com
I've never understood the hype behind this group. That said, this probably one of the better songs I've heard from them.

"Veiled Eyes" by PLASTICZOOMS
This is one of those songs that I can see the appeal of, but just isn't for me.

"No. 2" by CIDERGIRL
Solid song, but in a style that I feel like I have heard a hundred times before.

"氷の皿 (Ave Maria)" by Poet-type.M
I don't mind dreamy, but something about this feels a bit too cheesy for me.

"Urusai." by SUPER BEAVER
Enjoyable high energy rock track. Nothing super standout, but I like it. Helps that it doesn't overstay its welcome.

"KOKO" by WEAVER
Kinda bland

"KICK ASS HERO" by FEELFLIP & SKALL HEADZ
Nothing special, but hard to ignore how fun it is.

"時を貫く槍(toki o tsuranuku yari)" by Within The Last Wish
I love the raw emotion that comes out in tracks like this. Maybe not the best screaming, but the passion makes up for it.

"Delicious" by MONKEY MAJIK
Now there is a name I haven't seen in a while...my roommate in college loved them. MY gf will be happy about htis.

"gods" by mothercoat
Jangley and fun with quirky vocals that somehow work. I dig it.

"C.P.U." by マリアハト (Maria Hato)
Not sure this one is for me

"殉恋歌(junrenka)" by BORN
Probably one of the better BORN songs I have heard in a while - A nice one to have at the end of the band's life.

"Ruin" by Deviloof 
Feels a little "Heavy for Heavy's sake." Like they haven't quite grasped the context if they allow of a bit of lighter parts, the juxtaposition will give it so much more weight when the intense parts. They might want to take some cues from Nocturnal Bloodlust. That said, they certainly do heavy better than most VK bands I've heard.

I'm barely reading this thread and I'm legitimately surprised that DEEP GIRL's - I KILL wasn't mentioned. For a "rock idol" group that song is extremely solid and the lyrics/video are super dark, which I know a good portion of Visual Kei fans might like. Plus it reminds me of something AvelCain (would) have done.