blackdoll

Bands that could have been the best (they had some really good freaking songs inbetween the crap)

I'm equally shocked about the kagerou stuff, i think the singles aren't all that good outside of the album's context. they were one of the best albums bands of the 2000's, there's 2-3 songs i don't entirely like from each album but i don't think they're filler at all.

I was quite impressed by Versailles' Masquerade when I first heard it... then realized that listening to a Versailles album is more like listening to just one super long song. They do have great songs, Kamijo is a great vocalist, Hizaki an outstanding guitarist... but I feel they are repetitive.

I got the same vibe from Jupiter. I heard their first single and sounded exactly like Versailles, just with another vocalist, so I didn't really give them another shot.

I'll probably be hated for this but Malice Mizer was another dissapointment for me and the only songs I can actually like are Beast of Blood, Illuminati and Gekka no Yasoukyoku, which as a matter of fact only grew on me because of D's cover... As good musicians as they may be/have been the two or three albums I tried to listen to sounded dull and boring.

iNSOMNiA have "Joker".

Their discography (that is, four releases, seven songs) are the real generic indie kei SHIT, buuuuut "Joker" is an incredible piece of symphonic-core which mixes pseudo-orchestral ambience and tha vyowleen with the drum gimmickery we only hear on metalcore. Not the best thing in the world, obviously, but it could be much better.

Edited by IGM_Oficial

The band which I can relate to this thread for sure is Mejibray

Since their debut, with Killing Me, they had great musical intentions, with aggressive guitar riffs and unpredictable developments, where Tsuzuku's interpretation was their best feature; but in general their career has been made by ups and downs, where the downs are more than the ups

Here are their ups (according to me)

I include even Nanaki in this list!

Edited by Ada Suilen

Lycaon

They had potential. But turned to shit after Royal Order

That Eros BS ruined everything.

R.I.P.

lynch.

Just spewing albums with the similiar boring sounds as of late, and funnily enough, overrated by the community. 

NoGoD

Not half as bad as the two other names mentioned here, but since they went major, it just feels like something shifted. Can point out exactly what it is. It just not the same, but at least still enjoyable.