Wicked Teletubby

sukekiyo first single『ANIMA』April 2016 release

Actually, I take it all back. It's ¥6,000 in Kyo's online store, which is reasonable for a single + Blu-ray in special packaging. The higher prices you're seeing are from other shops that are ordering directly from Kyo's store and then making up for the expense by jacking up the price. 

That said, though, I'm still kind of upset that I can't just go to CDJapan and get this without paying an exorbitant amount of money. Does Pennyoyo Zebracakes even ship outside of Japan? Why you gotta alienate your overseas fan base, Kyo?!

Man, and you know what? I watched the Persuasio Blu-ray last night and Sukekiyo is SUCH a tight band. Even when Kyo's voice occasionally falters during all his vocal acrobatics, the guys behind him are just super tight and on point, and that's really not something I could say for Dir en grey. The key here is Yuuchi and Mika; those dudes are LOCKED into that groove and they're both superb musicians. Mika is probably one of my top 10 favorite drummers ever. 

So that also plays into my frustrations with properly obtaining Sukekiyo material. I want it all in the best quality possible while simultaneously supporting these guys, but I also understand Kyo isn't particularly interested in worldwide recognition. At least not anymore. 

Oh well. 

Persuasio is probably one of my favorite live releases that I've had the pleasure of watching last year/ever. These guys are very calm but yet entertaining as hell to watch because of the vibe they give off and how they perfectly nail everything they play. Its like watching a badass piece of art unfold itself right in front of you. I can understand that Dir en grey doesn't have that same "tightness" and such as you pointed but i think it has more to do with the differentiation of the styles and how they present themselves live. 

As for worldwide recognition, Kyo has already achieved that in a sense with Dir en grey so it  does make sense (if this is the case ATM), that he's just for the whole doing music thing and marketing it in Japan. 

The only reason I said that about world recognition is because of the way Arche was released. It got an iTunes release in America, and that was it. And then Arche is the first DEG album in, like, ten years that doesn't have English translations in the lyrics booklet. 

(It still amuses me that Macabre finally got an official translation when The Unraveling came out, and there was still no translation for the phrase "barari gurari bara bara no kimi")

On 17/04/2016 at 1:33 PM, Saishu said:

Man, and you know what? I watched the Persuasio Blu-ray last night and Sukekiyo is SUCH a tight band. Even when Kyo's voice occasionally falters during all his vocal acrobatics, the guys behind him are just super tight and on point, and that's really not something I could say for Dir en grey. The key here is Yuuchi and Mika; those dudes are LOCKED into that groove and they're both superb musicians. Mika is probably one of my top 10 favorite drummers ever. 

So that also plays into my frustrations with properly obtaining Sukekiyo material. I want it all in the best quality possible while simultaneously supporting these guys, but I also understand Kyo isn't particularly interested in worldwide recognition. At least not anymore. 

Oh well. 

I feel the same way. Another thing is that sukekiyo's musicians all (?) seem to be multi-instrumentalists, so they're talented enough to actually pull off their songs without resorting to playing a tape in the background.

And yeah, I have huge respect for them, but there's no way I'll be dropping the almost £100 (cost + jacked up price + shipping + inevitable customs charge) to import that single. I'd consider it if it was an album with 3 or 4 discs worth of content, but this is too much for far too little.

they will hold their one-man live "二〇一六年公演「裸体と遊具、泥芝居に讃歌の詩」-漆黒の儀-" at Choufu GREEN HALL at 2016/07/17

Sounds pretty good! By the way, the studio version of the song might be longer (at least I sure hope so - this was barely 3 mins, lol). Or at least it's pretty common for bands to edit down songs to 2-3 mins for TV performances.

Edited by Jigsaw9

Kyo and Melodix! Premium?!

Never thought I'd see him  - or more specifically - artsy act like sukekiyo in such radio-friendly TV live setting.

Its playback. They made that painfully obvious.

And Cut down. 

But still, I REALLY like.

Btw, never figured Sukekiyo would be a band 2 play playback lol

6 minutes ago, The MAD Stallion said:

Its playback. They made that painfully obvious.

And Cut down. 

But still, I REALLY like.

Btw, never figured Sukekiyo would be a band 2 play playback lol

Japanese bands associated with SMEJ (or pretty much any grandiose, major label) rarely would go for non-playback lives when its about standard releases like this. Rather odd to see sukekiyo here tho than take say, DEG which would feel comfortable in such TV lives.