beni

Bands and/or singers you love the look of but can't get into their music and vice versa

Feel free to link any original thread that this may have already been covered on. If not, feel free to comment with your own on either or both categories:

Are there any groups/artists you really dig the look of but can't get into them, musically?

Or are there ones you love the sound of but always shake your head at their sense of style? 

I always think of Lament. for the first category. Their look is so gorgeous, but I've never been one to enjoy their music, even when I really try and force myself.

I'm honestly having a tough time thinking of a singer/group I don't like the look of but like their music so I'll have to post again once I think over it over more.

So for now, what are the first musicians that pop into your head for either/each?

Diaura....especially their latest look. but i cant get into their music. i will keep trying their releases though.

shoya boy can come @ me any time, i even have a pics folder just for him

pAsO4Sa.jpg

KRAD, they sound alright... but their first look... too repulsive, completely ruined them for me, can't even look at them anymore.

Benizemi and Pinokiwo in team ''cool looks but i just aint fuckin feelin the music'' lmao i didnt ask for these dreamcast fart noises

I like Kirito and a lot of what he did with Pierrot, but I don't like his current band Angelo. I don't like his musical style which began to show during the last years of Pierrot. It sounds poppish and sometimes tasteless.

MALISEND, MeteoroiD, LIPHLICH, コドモドラゴン, Anli Pollicino, My BACTERIA HEAT IsLAND, and Fixer — These are mainly the bands whose looks I adore, but simply cannot get into, no matter how hard I try. I truly wish I could enjoy MALISEND the most, but their music simply sounds like forgettable noise to me.

Wagakki Band have lovely outfits, but the music does absolutely nothing for me.

Going the opposite way, if we're not limited to just Japanese bands:

Enuff Z'Nuff have some great songs, but their early videos and clothes are an abomination even by hair metal standards. It's a shame that this is the image people are always going to associate with their work:

^ Oh Lordie, their videoclips have always been eyesores, even more so than Tigertailz's. Derek Frigo has always been a cutie though, even in those clothes.

Mediena, I love how they look I just can't stand lead guys voice. I can't deal with it at all.

Meteroid,Krad, Femme Fatale, Love the look cant stomach the music.

LACK-CO. I can't like the sound of them. But in terms of visual, they are cool.

The Gallo. They look cool and Jojo is a blatant Gara stan, but his voice is just too much and drives me nuts,  but more like head-banging-against-the-wall nuts.

Mejibray definitely stands out from everyone else, looks like a gang you could find at a Hot Topic or smth. But their music, specifically Tsuzuku's voice, is just whiny and bad. Tsuzuku sounds like his balls are being impaled by those huge piercings  he supposedly has on his dick (the pic on tanuki is fucking grotesque)

Most screamo kei bands. I want to like them cuz they look so cool, but their music is so generic that I can't get into it.

Versailles/Jupiter. Versailles was one of the first vk bands I ever got into. They definitely look gorgeous, and I specifically love Hizaki, but their concept is so cheesy and boring to me, that I stopped listening to their discography after Jubilee. When Jupiter formed, I was also quite hyped up about them - their first look was especially gorgeous. However, besides giving me an 80s glam metal vibe, I could never get into them either. 

Edited by sheepprincessgara

8 hours ago, sheepprincessgara said:

Most screamo kei bands. I want to like them cuz they look so cool, but their music is so generic that I can't get into it.

This.

I also have problem with bands like Smileberry. Their visuals are nice, but the music is too "smiley happy shiny" for me.

Royz comes to my mind first. They look good & cool  but I just can't pick up their music. Well, Royz is just too energetic, happy and pop-ish for my tastes... 

I like gossip's aesthetic but the music isn't my style. Also Canival--Kosuke and Luvia are always on point visually but their music is pretty forgettable.

EDIT: Aliene Ma'riage, too. I'm not a fan of the noisy loud chaotic sound that usually comes with Kyouka's work. Insanity Injection is slightly tolerable. Love their looks though.

Edited by Zalemu

3 hours ago, Komorebi said:

I would enjoy Kiyoharu's music a lot more if he wore a paper bag over his head .___.

Is his appearance blocking the sound that comes out of his mouth?

I really wish Kis-My-Ft2 weren't given such bland, sub-par songs, because the rollerskate choreography is fabulous and Kitayama Hiromitsu is super cute. 

Shake It Up and the pre-debut Kis-My-_ songs are great and Fire Beat gets a pass because of the choreography, but almost everything else I've heard from them sounds like a filler track that got rejected by ten other groups before they ended up stuck with it. I mean, I'm not expecting high art from Johnny's groups or anything, but the songs aren't even catchy most of the time.

Then again, I haven't been paying much attention to them for the past few years. Maybe they released something good recently?