Hello everyone!! I'm looking for some music in French since I'm learning this language and nothing is better than hear and try to practice more.

I know few artist (from Alizee -that I dislike, btw- to Kyo, Superbus, Indochine), but I'm actually looking for music more rockish. Well, pop-rock, alternative, nu metal, are really appreciated, but not limited to that genres actually. Any recommendation is appreciated. It doesn't matter if they are from France, Canada, Belgium or somewhere else, the important thing is that they sing in French.

Merci beaucoup!

Kyo's always been one of my fave bands tbh. So I probably would have recommended to listen to them. Le Chemin is a great album and their latest one wasn't bad (though maybe a little less rock than that one).

Vegastar's first album was pretty nice back in the day but they don't exist anymore I think.

La Faille is probably their heaviest.

You can try

_Pleymo

_The Arrs

_AqME

_ETHS

_Enhancer

_Kyo

_Mass Hysteria

_MyPollux

_Vegastar

ect...

If you want I can make a rar with some random song from all this band.

Kyo's Le Chemin is amazing, and I really like that band. It's my favorite of the ones that I mentioned.

You can try

_Pleymo

_The Arrs

_AqME

_ETHS

_Enhancer

_Kyo

_Mass Hysteria

_MyPollux

_Vegastar

ect...

If you want I can make a rar with some random song from all this band.

Yes, please! I would really appreciate it.

Oh God, I totally forgot Indila. Her voice is amazing. 

Thank you so much, Dark Kinma, I'm downloading the songs. I'll check the file and, for now, all your recommendations. So far I like Vegastar a lot.

iLiS - Pardonne (acoustic)
iLiS - Je marcherai

De Palmas - Il faut qu'on se batte
De Palmas - Je me souviens de tout
↑ I could continue all along with his songs (he's my ultimate french pop-rock artist crush, I just love everything he's doing, he's good with melodies and everything).

The thing is, french metal bands sing *mostly* in english. Thank god we still have a few, like AqME who loves to play with the words and stays true to its roots.

AqME - Noël noir (acoustic)
AqME - Le culte du rien (acoustic)
↑ Ok it's with Thomas, he's not in the band anymore (damn, I'm nostalgic now *put my AqME cds in the player*)

AqME - Avant le jour
↑ with the new singer, Vincent. You should defo check the album 'Dévisager Dieu', it's a banger!!

A lot of bands that @Dark Kinma mentionned (=right in my teenage years tbh xD me at 15: TEAM NOWHERE REPRESENT lmao) don't exist anymore, like Enhancer (ok i've heard they should come back - they said it for YEARS but seems today it's more concrete xD- but, the two brothers are too busy running HK Corp in Los Angeles (for one brother), and Paris for the second one -and if you check the Contact, you can find a certain name....the name of Pleymo's keyboardist/DJ xD); Pleymo is in hiatus (much like super dead, but they basically crashed their career themselves so x'D the singer is doing photography and music videos in USA too; the bassist Benoît was in Empyr with...Kyo's singer (all in english, and it was MUCH BETTER than Kyo; but their second album was a totale failure/wtf and since, they're dead, and alas Kyo came back, surely for the $$ but whatever jdc); MyPollux don't exist too (I hope he gave you their second album 'Contraires', it's their best! I could upload it for you if you like. Their first one is a demo/shit level, and the last is so-so); eths., well the singer Candice left and now with the new one it's so-so, she's not as good as Candice vocally (+, their latest album with Candice hasn't fulfilled my expectations so, I personally gave up); Vegastar is dead too. Superbus, well they are uber shit today, it's pitiful to hear their music now. They were better at their debuts (their 2 first albums). They've reached a certain popularity at some point but it was just a fad: today it's pretty much dead. But don't listen to them if you want to study french: their lyrics are 5 years old level, true story. xD You shouldn't study eths. lyrics too, they are too much elaborated xDD especially in their best album Teratologie. The only song understandable without a headache: Anima Exhalare (it's also my favourite and imo, their best in term of ambiance, it's deep and powerful at the same time).

tl;dr: AqME is, on the other hand, doing very strong years after years, and mostly lately (when you compare their debuts). Even the critics praised 'Epithète, Dominion, Epitaphe' (2012) and 'Dévisager Dieu' (2014), which is a good thing (since they are very critical with every band coming from Team Nowhere xD). 
AqME had always a good pen so you should start with them.

Followed the topic until I located my French songs to link. Here's a few which are more pop than anything. I only recently started digging into French music and I'm most prone to pop overall, but hopefully you can find them helpful/enjoyable despite the genre. Charlotte Gainsbourg is amazing but seems to just sing in English, therefor I won't link any video but just bring her up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwS1Qg2L8k4

Hello everyone!! I'm looking for some music in French since I'm learning this language and nothing is better than hear and try to practice more.

I know few artist (from Alizee -that I dislike, btw- to Kyo, Superbus, Indochine), but I'm actually looking for music more rockish. Well, pop-rock, alternative, nu metal, are really appreciated, but not limited to that genres actually. Any recommendation is appreciated. It doesn't matter if they are from France, Canada, Belgium or somewhere else, the important thing is that they sing in French.

Merci beaucoup!

As a person who used to grow up with older-ish French music (Aznavour, Hardy, Gall, Birkin (she counts), Vartan, Brel, Piaf (obviously), Fontaine etc.) and desires to develop French skills further (J'suis trop timide pour dire ou écrire quoi que ce soit en français...), I wanted to inspect whether you tried out "classic essentials" in French first before moving on to more modern ones?

I am not asking you to be stuck in enjoying chansony hey-days though: you'd find more useful art and practice of studying French by assimilating older French romanticism you'd see and hear in those sensual croons and flicks a la '60's/'70s. Believe me, that's how most language courses utilize the "fun" aspect of progressive studies anyway (i.e. practising the "classic" language first).

Just me and my thoughts btw.

ETHS is the only French band I ever cared about immensely, especially during my early teenage days. Really stopped caring after Candice left though. MyPollux & Kells are kinda cool too.

As a person who used to grow up with older-ish French music (Aznavour, Hardy, Gall, Birkin (she counts), Vartan, Brel, Piaf (obviously), Fontaine etc.) and desires to develop French skills further (J'suis trop timide pour dire ou écrire quoi que ce soit en français...), I wanted to inspect whether you tried out "classic essentials" in French first before moving on to more modern ones?

I am not asking you to be stuck in enjoying chansony hey-days though: you'd find more useful art and practice of studying French by assimilating older French romanticism you'd see and hear in those sensual croons and flicks a la '60's/'70s. Believe me, that's how most language courses utilize the "fun" aspect of progressive studies anyway (i.e. practising the "classic" language first).

Just me and my thoughts btw.

No, I have to admit that I haven't tried with classic essentials. When I started learning French (3 years ago) some friends recommended me directly Kyo, Superbus and Indochine (since they colaborate with Placebo, so yeah...), but I haven't checked more. This is my first attempt to look for more French artists. But it's never too late to hear that classic ones, right? So I will check the ones you mention. Thanks!

And thank you all for your recomendations. I'm into pop as well, so thanks @beni. And well @eiheartx, it's such a shame that most of the bands are dead already, but I have to admit that I'm glad that AqME continue. From the file that @Dark Kinma kindly uploaded, I loved AqME so much (Vegastar and MyPollux too!).