Sign in to follow this  
herpes

Enon (Gesu no..) and Becky's affair destroys her career (UPDATE: 3/10 - fuckboi enon at it again) ((UPDATE 2: 3/10 - gesu and indigo la end on hiatus))

Since this is pretty big news - it even made the guardian uk - and confirmed....might lead to some interesting discussions regarding the misogynist way japanese media treats its celebrities

http://aramajapan.com/featured/gesu-no-kiwami-otome-indigo-la-ends-kawatani-enon-is-secretly-married-and-having-affair-with-becky/53706/

Today, Shukan Bunshun revealed that Kawatani Enon (27) of the bands Gesu no Kiwami Otome. and indigo la End is supposedly dating Becky (31). The problem though is that he is currently married. Enon has secretly been married since last summer. He met Becky in October, and the rumored couple said that that they began a friendship soon afterwards. Becky was a fan of Enon’s, and she, like everyone else, had no idea that he was married. Enon told Becky that he was married in November. Shukan Bunshun discovered LINE messages between Enon and Becky speaking of Enon’s plans to divorce his wife and then marry Becky.

After Enon’s Kohaku Uta Gassen debut with his band Gesu no Kiwami Otome., he and his rumored girlfriend traveled to Nagasaki to spend the New Year with his parents. It is during this Nagasaki trip that the rumored couple was photographed together. When asked if they were a couple, both parties denied the allegations. Becky told Shukan Bunshun to ask her management if she was dating Enon. When Shukan Bunshun asked Enon about his wife, he said that she was just a friend.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20160107-00000091-dal-ent

Lawson (a very large retail chain) have pulled their ad contract with Becky. Gesu and Indigo have had no repercussions. 

http://zasshi.news.yahoo.co.jp/article?a=20160113-00005776-sbunshun-ent

現在、A子さんは食べ物もろくに受け付けないほどの健康状態で、横になってばかりいるという。

(Enon's wife is taking this badly and not eating)

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/08/downfall-japan-tv-becky-industry-sexism

Within weeks of a magazine breaking news of her alleged affair with Enon Kawatani, a 27-year-old singer in the band Gesu no Kiwani Otome, her employers ripped up contracts, reportedly at the behest of her own management agency, Sun Music.

By last week, she had disappeared from TV screens, and lost commercial contracts and her own radio show.

While Sun Music claimed she was suffering from “illness and depression”, Becky is unlikely to return once she recovers.

Becky’s alleged lover, the pop singer Enon Kawatani, left, has seen his career largely unaffected by claims of an adulterous relationship

---

tl;dr 

secretly married vocalist of popular band has affair with popular talento, doesn't tell talento about wife, details leak, talento is facing the end of her career, his wife is devestated and he's all good.

///

UPDATE:

Ya boi caught drinking with underage girl.

///

UPDATE 2:

both his bands are now on hiatus (permanently?)

http://natalie.mu/music/news/204120

Edited by herpes

Was awaiting this topic to let off some steam on it.

If anything, Enon is probably at the height of his career now thanks to this. There's no excuse that Enon doesn't get the same treatment as Becky, and now that I think about it, why is she getting all this? I didn't know about the detail that she didn't know that he was married until later. That just screams that he's the one to blame, he's the one that deserves this instead and not her. This whole thing is all wrong and has been treated wrongly. So done. My sympathy goes out to the wife mostly and Becky.

CYFZ-5xUsAAZNAf.jpg

Just who the heck managed to hack into their LINEs? Lol

translation @that off arama:

Translation of the LINE conversation, starting with the left page:

Becky: Ken-chan, thank you for the lovely Christmas Eve and Christmas. You took me to the sea. Treated me well. Gave me stylish gifts. Truly, truly, thank you. I was happy. Forever happy. Being together with you made me absolutely happy.

Right page:

Becky: Really?

Enon: Did you go?

Becky: Yes

Becky: Let’s do it

Enon: Let’s do it

Becky: Goodnight

Enon: Goodnight

Enon: There are discussions. It would be better if you waited while these discussions are taking place. It can become emotional. I hope that you wait while I am writing my thesis. Though it’s painful to have you wait, I want you to wait.

Becky: Ken-chan, good morning. Ok. I’ll wait. I’m wait for you Ken-chan. I’m fine. So that you can turn in your thesis, you can be selfish. LOL!

20160118-00000023-spnannex-000-view.jpg

fun fact: Gesu seems to be still topping the charts, what the fuck J-pop fanbase?

I feel more sympathy towards his wife at this point since Becky came up with this ploy tbqh (I think there are still some leaked messages regarding how Becky and Enon had a hearty laugh @the whole PR case and consequent status they've deserved)

As much as I like Gesu, I was naive enough to expect Enon's image to take a huge hit. But somehow I wasn't surprised that Gesu's album landed at no. 1 in Oricon shortly after all of this popped up on the news, heh. Pretty disgusting situation overall. The way Becky's image deteriorated was ridiculous.

Wow what a scummy guy. Enon messed up when he said his wife was "just a friend". Just a friend my ass you put a ring on it own up to it.

I am missing something in the big picture. Why is Becky facing the end of her career if she was the (mostly) oblivious third wheel? I don't see her having any fault in this considering she didn't know what's going on.

Wow what a scummy guy. Enon messed up when he said his wife was "just a friend". Just a friend my ass you put a ring on it own up to it.

I am missing something in the big picture. Why is Becky facing the end of her career if she was the (mostly) oblivious third wheel? I don't see her having any fault in this considering she didn't know what's going on.

It's because Japanese media and public in general had higher expectations when it comes to her (see: haafu talento). Just who the heck is Enon in this case to them? Yup, nothing more or less of "an ordinary indie rocker who suddenly got popular due to that 1 catchy song" - why would they expect him to be "civil, pure and well-behaving" (note: stereotypes about rockers in general, also: literal "who")? Either way, it's all topsy-turvy with Japanese media /industry standards - especially how they are fine with sexism as long as it's about "preserving talento/idol purity". Someone could actually shed some light on this issue from Nihongo perspective since it's all messy now (and current tabloid leaks actually frame BOTH parties, i.e. Enon and Becky, for rigging that scandal/planning it, wut)

shame on him. My question is tho, and not blaming Becky, is how did she not know he was married? Did she never meet his family? Or his management or notice something  odd about him (Like his apartment looking too devoid of personal items like our homes look like, ie too "model home like". not sure how popular she is in comparison to him but the way the industry works, he's making too much money for them to just KO him. I'm sure there's a lot of high profile bands that have done similar shit like this and their management just paid some hush money. Like with Gackt, they said he had a wife and a child that he had nothing to do with and sent them to Canada. His career didn't falter either but I wonder if it would have if someone from AKB48 had a husband and a child they sent off to Canada?

I think the main reason is the Becky have no valuable talent expect her image, once it gone, there are no reason for them to hire her. On the other side no one know who the fuck enon is, his jobs are not base on his image, it's base on music he wrote. As long as he keep writing music people like, he won't affects by it. In fact that's why enon is at the height of his career right now, people curious who he is and trying to listen to his music and like it.

the affect on Becky is more damaging because she is known for the image she's portraying. And the endorsement was offered to her because of that. I felt awful for her but she knew for every big price holds bigger responsibilities. Once the optical illusion is shattered, it's gone. No matter how you put the mirror back together is not the same anymore. People don't see it the way as they thought it was before..

he's at it again! LMAO

http://aramajapan.com/news/gossip/honoka-rin-faces-repercussions-after-drinking-underage-with-bf-kawatani-enon/65118/

It has been announced that actress Honoka Rin has been removed from her regular appearances onNHK edutainment show “R no Housoku” after being caught drinking underage.

And last week, she pulled out of stage play “Luna Rossa,” scheduled to start on Oct 13, citing “various reasons“.

The “various reasons“?

It seems this news is coming to light following a report from gossip tabloid Shuukan Bunshun earlier this week revealing Honoka Rin (19) and notorious career ruiner Kawatani Enon (27) are the industry’s latest couple.

This past week the couple spent a romantic getaway to Tochigi Prefecture, staying for two days and one night to pick pears and enjoy the hot springs. And with her active job count dwindling as the weeks pass, she suddenly has a lot more time for some more fun activities with him.

The couple met at a bar called “P” in Sangenjaya, an old Tokyo neighborhood close to downtown. The thing is Japan’s legal drinking age is 20, and Honoka Rin shouldn’t have even been at a bar, not to mention the sort of press that will come after the reputation Kawatani has acquired for himself this past year. It’s no surprise this relationship has resulted in some backlash from the agencies she works with.

The tabloid contacted both of their management agencies, with only Kawatani’s responding—confirming the two are a couple and currently sort of living together.

Does Enon plan to ruin any other girl's career before the year ends? Stay tuned.

#TabloidMagnet

Edited by seurong

Looks like someone is trying to make some non-vk competition with Kisaki, huh?

On 08/02/2016 at 3:38 PM, herpes said:

When Shukan Bunshun asked Enon about his wife, he said that she was just a friend.

I still can't believe it.

13 minutes ago, beni said:

I'm swearing so much right now and I am trying hard to not cuss right here.

He's a fucking cunt.

Did it for you, Aussie Easy Mode.

Is this guy seriously trying to climb the ladder while stepping and pushing those who are on it? 

If I were any of those girls I'd tell everyone he has an std or somethig xD 

So this girls got ruined career and lives over this mashroom head??  Wow a real classic example of a womaniser and a jerk.

Edited by Ai Chan

I had to google who this person is/what they look like and I'm both terrified/surprised someone this conventionally reptilian gets into mutiple s*x scandals :'(

in a sane world they'd be destined to die a virgin, but entertainment is something else entirely apparently.

at least Becky still has her good hair to rely on during the difficult task of resurrecting her jeopardized career, the other gurl not so much.

1 hour ago, nekkichi said:

I had to google who this person is/what they look like and I'm both terrified/surprised someone this conventionally reptilian gets into mutiple s*x scandals :'(

in a sane world they'd be destined to die a virgin, but entertainment is something else entirely apparently.

at least Becky still has her good hair to rely on during the difficult task of resurrecting her jeopardized career, the other gurl not so much.

Becky has something to rely on?

Enon definitely sucked 10 years of life away from this poor girl :(

Sign in to follow this