sebbivism

DIR EN GREY new single, new live DVD/BD, new domestic tour

Too many ideas shoved into a simple structure. Dir en grey lost the ability to write simple music so why are they still trying to? Write long and slow dammit. It's your strength. This takes the slight awkwardness of Sustain the Untruth to the max.

Those missing few seconds better be adding more cohesion. Otherwise...is this even the same band who did Rinkaku and under?

Holy shit. I love it. So glad they dropped the avant-garde sound of the past three albums and went straight into something more Vulgar/TMOAB.

Dir en Grey knows how to write memorable catchy melodic choruses and verses, even if kyo screams alot, but what is this?
Sounds like a 5/10 album filler, expected more, fuck =(

Now on to wait another 4-5 months for another single... 

Edited by dannemannen

48 minutes ago, blacktooth said:

I still don't hear the throwback sound in this song. 

Some of the vocals remind me a lot of TMOAB. And the first vocal part at the start of each verse sounds like his crazy sounding screaming from the original version of Obscure. Instrumentally it's less of a throwback since it's still 7-string guitars. The riffs are pretty hard to make out given the low tuning combined with the poor quality radio rip.

The chorus is a vague hint at earlier days, but other than that it's par the course for DEG. I don't want to pass actual judgment until I get a better quality rip, or I have the disc in my hands. 

Actually i think the way he yells with varied voices like on vulgar instead of just deep deep growls then high high screams like on dss and uroboros is what makes iy sound so much like the old vk crazy vocal style. Its like he tried it a little on arche but now it seems like the next album will sound way more visual kei and less metal than any of the last 4 albums

Mainly because its still an arche leftover. So its only hinting at their new (or rehashed) direction. Its an in-between album song. Too early to tell exactly how far they are going to go with this until the next single

The riffs and vocals sound simple but the energy, or something, keeps bringing me back. I'm pretty excited!

Just now, Puriwate said:

Rinkaku was an unraveling preview 

What?  I don't believe that's correct at all. Rinkaku was written at a completely different point in the gap between DSS and the unraveling, if I'm not mistaken. 

Rinkaku is so isolated that I'd say it's it's own thing. They had actually finished recording the Unraveling by the time Rinkaku was even announced I believe. 

The only reason  i feel like utafumi sounds like they carried over some ideas from arche is the way its structured sounds similar and i feel like they are just testing the waters? but the music itself itself sounds extra fresh ¢: