sebbivism

DIR EN GREY new single, new live DVD/BD, new domestic tour

13 hours ago, zombieparadise said:

I saw it live at a ZEPP Nagoya show last month and wasn't too impressed. I felt it was all over the place.

I'll admit I'm not the biggest Dir fan, but I really loved ARCHE and as a follow up this just didn't do it for me.

That was roughly my first impression too, and I am a huge fan so I think it's a general consensus at this point regardless of fandom level. It sounds like the studio version is more fleshed out though and the song grew on me a bit between the first and third time I saw it. I'll report if anything changes tonight.

well, that was a hot fucking mess, kind of underwhelmed tbh

Almost seems like an answer to GazettE's DOGMA as opposed to ARCHE.

I like the chaotic verses, the chorus isnt spectacular but still more entertaining than the weaker songs on the last album.

The interlude towards the end of this cut is niiiiice.

Fucking amazing 

I predicted it would sound like arche mixed with vulgar since they announced the vulgar tour and i feel like that describes it well. Im so loving it<3

Im so happy to hear those crazy manic sounding vocals from songs like marmalade chainsaw return. And it sounds like its going in a new direction even though its leftover from arche. The guitars don't sound anything like the super overdence stuff from dss. Im definitely excited

The special website for the single says, "3 minutes and 10 seconds of pain・ Can you endure this pain?"

That is consistent with my first few listenings thus far. 

19 minutes ago, Puriwate said:

I predicted it would sound like arche mixed with vulgar since they announced the vulgar tour and i feel like that describes it well. Im so loving it<3

I like Vulgar, a lot but while this description does sound accurate, I'm not a big fan of it. Its not bad but just like STU, i'll prob have 2 let it grow on me. 

Well i guess thats fair... but tbh this is the most ive jumped and danced to a direngrey song in a long time. But its like... my personal tastes are specifically satisfied so i get that not everyone is for it. Also that one part at 1:20 sounds like something dadaroma would do 

on a side note, that part 0:47 reminded me of a song from rentrer en soi ...  i forgot which -

but wow, this song gets even better after couple of more listens 

Edited by platanity

Yeah, that version brought out more of the song, plus putting on headphones helped immensely.  Liking what Toshiya brought to the table on this one.