Trombe

X JAPAN will temporarily pause activities

Yeah and considering considering Yoshiki said the album is recorded and an official date was finally announced, it should be ready to release ... why postponed again ?

Because you don't release an album and then not tour to support it. That's a great way to let it die. You release an album and hit the road to tour.

People are already blaming Yoshiki for the cancelled show while they're saying absolutely nothing about Pata and fail to recognize how critical his condition is. How truly awful and inhumane the Visual Kei scene is at times like these.

I seriously hope the man gets better and that he takes his time to recover, everything else can wait. Health goes above all.

Seriously. If you don't like Yoshiki, fine, but Pata has a serious health problem and people are acting like Yoshiki poisoned him. WTF is wrong with some of you?

^ I saw someone on Twitter who actually made the accusation of Yoshiki poisoning Pata. How do these people still call themselves fans? It is just sickening how these individuals think.

Maybe Yoshiki needs time to take care of Pata's situation, or maybe he wants everybody in the band be able to do the promo of new album together.

Why people have to think it in a bad way? they are not only a band but also close friends.

Why someone still need to release the album to please his fans when his close friend and bandmate almost die? he is in hard time now.

An album that will be released in march should be fully recorded and in mix/master process right now. Lets face it, theres no album, Pata would probably be Ok in time to tour, there are months for his recovery. 

An album that will be released in march should be fully recorded and in mix/master process right now. Lets face it, theres no album, Pata would probably be Ok in time to tour, there are months for his recovery. 

To be fair, diverticulitis is not something that develops overnight. It takes months, if not years, to develop to this point. I would know since I have something similar. It makes you feel like you want to die.

I'm baffled they are not able to get a publishing deal. It makes no sense.

Signing a deal would also mean signing a contract agreeing to actually turn in an album by a set deadline. Yoshiki hasn't done that in twenty years.

People are already blaming Yoshiki for the cancelled show while they're saying absolutely nothing about Pata and fail to recognize how critical his condition is. How truly awful and inhumane the Visual Kei scene is at times like these.

I seriously hope the man gets better and that he takes his time to recover, everything else can wait. Health goes above all.

It's not about just the UK show. A lot of fans are being hostile towards Yoshiki because, regardless of Pata's condition, they've known for months, well before Pata took ill in January, that the album wasn't coming out. The album doesn't even have a title, which means it doesn't have artwork, Yoshiki was still mixing it a few weeks ago, and above all they don't even have a record deal. It was never coming out in March. 

No one is saying Pata didn't take ill. But even the official announcement says that he's on the mend, just isn't ready to fly yet per doctors orders. This begs the question, had Pata been able to play the gig, were they really going to do this X Day event and alleged world tour (that they coincidentally hadn't got around to even booking yet) promoting the album without the album being ready? Come on.

If Pata is actually seriously ill, why is the show already rescheduled? If he died or was left impaired from his illness, wouldn't they need to cancel the gig again and disband? They're full of shit, and pushed it back a year because they have no album finished and no tour booked. It's the same old song and dance from Yoshiki going back 20 years.

Couldn't have said it better desparejo, I totally agree! I feel like it's also sort of incredibly disrespectful to Pata to make it seem like it's his illness that's causing the delays and not Yoshiki's lack of effort.

Well said. Yoshiki spent the week or so just chilling at Sundance for promotions for the doc schmoozing with random celebs. He hardly looked like a guy trying to make an album deadline. Considering his supposed perfectionist qualities, you think he'd be behind the mixing desk everyday for the last few months stressing about their first album in 20 years!

But any X fan who's been following the band knows this is what happens time and again. So while unfortunate for Pata, you damn well know the delays they use in his name have nothing to do with him really. They could've still released the album if it existed but as most of us said above, it mostly was never close to being done.

And it's long been said that Yoshiki burned alot of bridges when he forcible broke out of the Sony contact. You member how they went major with a big splash with blue blood? Well most bands sign a record contact for multiple albums. How many did X release with Sony? Just two. Blue blood and jealousy. Of course he tried to sell art of life as an whole album of music but sony wouldn't accept that. Then yoshiki and x had dreams of being international or breaking into America with art of life, remember the Rockefeller center NY press conference, so they forcibly got out of the Sony contact and switched labels to go to Atlantic. Since then they've been somewhat blacklisted and known for being a difficult band. Rock music doesn't sell that much in Japan anymore, physical album sales are a fraction of what they were, so it didn't surprise me that they haven't found a label for all of these reasons. Who wants to sign a contract for what every music company knows will only be for one album with a difficult diva-musician?

lmao, this guy is unbelievable...

btw just for info:

From this March 3rd, Hello Kitty and X-Japan fans will be able to get their hands on this brand new adorable Hello Kitty x Yoshiki merchandise. The character has been named “Yoshikitty” and will be the image character for X-Japan’s London gig in 2017. 

The merch will be available online from the Hello Kitty web store this March 3rd so don’t miss it!

This is totally insane. Those stupid things are like over a hundred bucks. Meanwhile can't you at least release a single since you postponed the album? Why focus on this nonsense? This is truly

Aggravating.

There was a time when I would have paid anything to see these guys live. Now I don't really care all that much. Lucky me, as otherwise I would have extra tickets for a flight to London for no reason. I remember back in '08 (or '07?) when they got back together I was already preparing for a trip to Paris to see them, but even that shit got postponed for like 4 years or something lol

I love hide and Taiji, but otherwise X are really testing the limits of my fandom

And it's long been said that Yoshiki burned alot of bridges when he forcible broke out of the Sony contact. You member how they went major with a big splash with blue blood? Well most bands sign a record contact for multiple albums. How many did X release with Sony? Just two. Blue blood and jealousy. Of course he tried to sell art of life as an whole album of music but sony wouldn't accept that. Then yoshiki and x had dreams of being international or breaking into America with art of life, remember the Rockefeller center NY press conference, so they forcibly got out of the Sony contact and switched labels to go to Atlantic. Since then they've been somewhat blacklisted and known for being a difficult band. Rock music doesn't sell that much in Japan anymore, physical album sales are a fraction of what they were, so it didn't surprise me that they haven't found a label for all of these reasons. Who wants to sign a contract for what every music company knows will only be for one album with a difficult diva-musician?

Wow, I had no idea about that! That's really interesting

No update on Pata?

Actually I heard he's doing much, much better. Pretty much confirming the idea that if he was terminal they would've scrapped everything instead of postponing. So they blamed Pata's health for Yoshiki's laziness.