Trombe

X JAPAN will temporarily pause activities

X JAPAN will temporarily pause activities as Gt.PATA has been hospitalized since 2016/01/15 due to his colon diverticulitis and portal vein thrombosis, their live in London at 2016/03/12 will be postponed to 2017/03/04, and release of their new album (originally at 2016/03/11) will be postponed and details will be announced later

Well, damn, I hope the guy gets well and all, but... goddamn, postponing that album AGAIN? At this point they could just as well fucking use session musicians or something..

Too bad about Pata, but did somebody not see a post-ponement of the album come? :/ 

Yeah and considering considering Yoshiki said the album is recorded and an official date was finally announced, it should be ready to release ... why postponed again ?

Yoshiki was posting photos online with captions like "Still (in the studio)..." only like last week, so... idk about that 'complete' album. :v

Anyway, I'm not surprised. Hoping for a speedy recovery for Pata tho.

Yeah and considering considering Yoshiki said the album is recorded and an official date was finally announced, it should be ready to release ... why postponed again ?

They don't have a record deal/distribution deal. If they did, you'd have seen the details on Amazon, CDJapan, ect and presale stuff months ago. In theory, they could have been planning to released it online-only, but we all know that isn't true. 

They've known for months the album wasn't coming out.

It's always the same song and dance with Yoshiki. Even if Pata's illness is as bad as they're making it sound, it's a case of the little boy who cried wolf at this point.

12592397_1001013126604473_48849062407306

The album was postponed "given the the circumstances," yet in the next sentence admit they don't even have a title for the damn album. Which means they hadn't done the artwork yet. And as I said in the above, they don't even have a record deal.

What a bunch of fucking liars. I feel awful for people that have already booked flights and hotels for the gig.

I just read Akira Takasaki tweet about PATA's health condition... It seems serious. Its sad because of Yoshiki people have lost trust toward on him. People get tired of being left in the dark.

I just hope PATA recover fast.

I was actually going to get tickets for their london show with a friend, but in the end I didn't because I know how Yoshiki works. Needless to say I'm glad I never bought it. Feel a bit bad for my friend who now has a 4 day stay in London without any plans :D

At first I thought "What activities does this band have to pause?". Then I saw that for once they are pausing for legitimate reasons and not smoke and mirrors. I feel so bad for PATA and hope that he will get well soon.

I'm baffled they are not able to get a publishing deal. It makes no sense.

They've released four albums in twenty years. Labels aren't willing to take a chance on a band that can produce only four times a century.

Sure, still I think a very limited contract would work very well for all involved. There is absolutely some cash to be made of this release wich is alledgedly already finished, so production costs should not be high at all if Yoshiki isn't bluffing. Promotion would probably require more effort but I think dealing with this album is some easy money. Again, if Yoskiki isn't full of BS again, that is.

If this is really them using PATAs serious illness to justify their unfinished album then I don't like it all. : /

Hope he recovers soon.

People are already blaming Yoshiki for the cancelled show while they're saying absolutely nothing about Pata and fail to recognize how critical his condition is. How truly awful and inhumane the Visual Kei scene is at times like these.

I seriously hope the man gets better and that he takes his time to recover, everything else can wait. Health goes above all.

Typical regarding tgat album stuffs, next thing Yoshiki do will be mongering HIDE name again for his own advantage and to sell tickets and merch for whatever X-Japan live tribute and shit. He is so predictable now. :D

Hoping Pata to get a fast recovery.

Guys, this is diverticulitis. It almost killed my father. It's not a simple stomach ache. It's pretty severe.

As Lestat said, health above all. Hope PATA improves.