Plastic Tree vs. THE NOVEMBERS  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which band do you prefer?

• Plastic Tree ï¼?â?ï¼¾â?½ï¼¾â?ï¼?
    • THE NOVEMBERS (*ï¼¾â?½ï¼¾)/
    • Both! (。â?¥â?¿â?¥ï½¡)
    • Neither~ å?¸à² ç??ಠ)å?¸
    • Lycaon ( ͡° Í?Ê? ͡°)

Why not take two friendly bands and pit them against one another? :P I thought this might make for an interesting match up, so let's go! We've got the legendary Plastic Tree who have been around for over 20 years, and then THE NOVEMBERS, who are a bit younger (they've been active for a little over 10 years) but well-respected. Both bands are loosely associated with shoegaze, but whereas Plastic Tree has been a mainstay for overseas VK fans, THE NOVEMBERS has been prominently favored by overseas. 'J-indie' fans. Which band do you prefer, and why?

Just to make it tougher for fans of both :P

Ryutaro Arimura (PLASTIC TREE) & Yusuke Kobayashi (THE NOVEMBERS)

hFj6Qvu.jpg?1
Ur1bjkd.jpg
qsCZukl.png

Plastic Tree
YAVBE03.jpg?1

vs.

THE NOVEMBERS
Ne7l5CY.jpg?1

Neat band battle, so many baes. Approved.

While I do like some THE NOVEMBERS here and then, don't get me wrong, but, Plastic Tree are my favourite band for many reasons and have been since I got into J-music. No contest here for me. : 3

Edit: Damn it, that added option. XD

Neat band battle, so many baes. Approved.

While I do like some THE NOVEMBERS here and then, don't get me wrong, but, Plastic Tree are my favourite band for many reasons and have been since I got into J-music. No contest here for me. : 3

Live footage of @beni listening to Plastic Tree:

giphy.gif

CAT WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MEEEEEE these two bands are like my all time top favoritesss

i'm gonna have to choose plastic tree though since i've known them longer and they've carried me throughout my youth hood up to now.

plus, i love ryutaro's voice over anybody else, not sorry.

I voted Plastic Tree. One of my first Visual band 10 years ago. Even if I don't listem too much lately, I have a lot of memories with them.

I can't really get into THE NOVEMBERS. I tried and I tried. They are good and I like some songs but, I don't know. This is the proof that feelings and tastes are most important and relevant concerning music I guess.

I tried to pick one particular favorite, but i felt chunks of my brain starting to melt out through my nose as i was trying to make up my mind, so i'm just gonna pick both :^)

I voted Plastic tree, of course. They have so many history and its strong band, without enter in so many details becuase i will write one book saying all about. I like THE NOVEMBERS, but i see that they are starting now (I know that 10 years is so long time) and them will be awesome in over the years like pura. I really dont like compare pura with novembro, but its a exception (:

Plastic Tree. Their discography is very uneven, but their 3-4 best albums are fantastic.

The Novembers never did it for me because of the vocals. It's one of very few bands where I can't look past the vocals no matter how good the music is.

The Novembers never did it for me because of the vocals. It's one of very few bands where I can't look past the vocals no matter how good the music is.

I have the exact problem, but it's the opposite for me. Despite my efforts, it's been pretty difficult for me to get into Ryutaro's vocals. As a whole, Plastic Tree definitely seems solid, and they have some pleasant melodies here and there, but the vocals are just not my cup of tea.

I went with THE NOVEMBERS. I don't really care for the first half of their discography, but the latter half has made them one of my favorite bands.

im pretty sure if i spent my time with the novembers, they'd outrank pura because of their darker sound

but pura remind of the reason i loved indie rock so much when i was younger, so pura it is.

Both bands definitely have vocalists with somewhat of an ''acquired taste''-type of vocal delivery.. I feel like Ryutaro's sort of been heading down the Riki Kinoshita road lately, hope he doesn't fully go down that path lol

Ah man this is a tough one xD I love both of these bands, so I'm gonna vote both in the poll. If I had to choose one over the other with no exceptions tho... I would have to go with Pura since I've been listening to them for over 10 years now and they're one of the bands I can trace my love of Japanese music roots to, whereas the Novembers I've only been following for like 5 years and I was already an avid fan of Jmusic by the time I caught wind of them.

Awesome choices for a band battle though!

Both bands have some brilliant and some awfully boring material, but Plastic Tree is a bit closer to my heart, so I have to go with them. I enjoyed more albums from their catalogue than THE NOVEMBERS, even though PT hasn't offered anything particularly listenable to me for the past 5 years... Still, the good ones will forever remain with me.

Both bands have some brilliant and some awfully boring material, but Plastic Tree is a bit closer to my heart, so I have to go with them. I enjoyed more albums from their catalogue than THE NOVEMBERS, even though PT hasn't offered anything particularly listenable to me for the past 5 years... Still, the good ones will forever remain with me.

Jig  :lolita_love:

Ghost was one of the songs that got me into plastic tree! Love it.

Have to vote for them, I've invested a large amount of time into their discography, I really like THE NOVEMBERS too but PT way more :)

i've listened to very little of THE NOVEMBERS so this might be slightly unfair, but i'm voting for plastic tree because Nega to Poji is one of the best vk albums imo and very difficult to beat. also, even in plastic tree's very early releases (e.g. Strange fruits) i could find tracks i like - which is a rarity (for me) among bands whose careers span 15-20 years lol.

Generally speaking NOVEMBERS  managed to have a balanced, cohesive repertoire until now, whereas PT unfortunately falls short due to the massive amount of fillers and incoherent nonsense they have mustered in their catalogue. The latter was in fact one of my very first Japanese bands, but yet still - I will cast my vote for Koba and co.. Sorry Pura, you are not that different from those with "VK syndrome" (inconsistency, unfinished experiments etc.)

Also: I didn't bust NOVEMBERS for paying "blatant tributes" (i.e. plagiarism) to their influences so far, unlike in Pura's case (another unfortunate VK trait). Aside from that, Ryutaro's anemic vox are getting more and more painful to listen to. : |

Sign in to follow this