Sign in to follow this  
Pretsy

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu (5th anniversary) live press conference + mysterious promo

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu just upped a vague, mysterious promo clip which has yet unclear ties to any kind of event (except for speculations regarding 5th anniversary celebration gimmicks).

I will let direct quote from Ronald (Aramajapan) do the rest:

This video comes on Kyary’s 23rd birthday. On January 30, she will have a live press conference on LINE. What this press conference is about is currently unknown, but some suspect it may have to do with her upcoming fifth anniversary in the music industry. She has said before that she wants to continue in the industry in a flashy way.

(bolded because this has been emphasized by netizens lately)

The LINE LIVE press conference is January 30 at 7PM JST. Make sure to hit LINE's live pages or watch bits from tumblr in case you are interested.

So here is the news.

Kyary revealed on her LINE LIVE stream earlier today that she will be launching a five-part plan to celebrate her upcoming 5th anniversary as an artist!

The stream explained away the mysterious video uploaded to her official YouTube channel on her 23rd birthday, where the singer was carted away in an ambulance for some “emergency surgery”. The 1st part of her anniversary celebration was the Universal Studios Japan attraction “Kyary Pamyu Pamyu XR Ride”, which opened to the public in the “Cool Japan” area of the park just earlier this month.

The 2nd part will be Kyary’s first best-of album (title TBA), which will include everything from her debut song “PONPONPON” to her recent, yet to be released tie-up songs. The album will be released on May 25th, with a limited edition version shaped like Kyary’s own face.

The 3rd portion of Kyary’s 5th anniversary celebration will be her long-awaited 3rd world tour, which will begin in Singapore this May. KPP has promised to make stops in the UK, Australia, America, and Taiwan before bringing the tour to a close at the famous Budoukan performance hall with 2 performances on August 19th and 20th. Further details about each date will be revealed later on this year.

Lastly, Kyary has announced that she will be collaborating with several artists (both foreign and Japanese) on new music in addition to hosting her first artwork exhibition.

1. 3rd world tour (TBA) & Budoukan concerts (August 19 & 20, 2016)
  2. Collaborations with other artists (TBA)
  3. 1st best album (May 25, 2016)
  4. 1st artwork exhibition (TBA)
  5. USJ Kyary Pamyu Pamyu XR Ride (January 15, 2016)

A special website has also been opened to celebrate her 5th anniversary, where fans will be able to find more details about each new project while looking back on her career thus far. Currently, there are plans to post interviews with KPP, a logo contest, and more on this website, so make sure to keep checking it (and this blog) for updates! There is an English version for international fans!

Comment from Kyary:

The past 5 years since my debut in 2011 have really just flown by. It’s been my motto to challenge myself to interesting and new things in career thus far, but since this year is my [fifth] anniversary, I hope to be a little ambitious and show the world more of just how genki Japan can be! And flashier than ever! I’d like to make the year of my 5th anniversary and thrilling one, and would be so glad if you could please look kindly over me!!

Yelle and SOPHIE collabs? (She has teased us with those since like 2014)

I'm SO here for a collab with Yelle!

Can't wait to see her live again!

Sign in to follow this