Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

直樹(naoki)(DEATHGAZE) new band will form

32 minutes ago, sume7 said:

What evidence do you have of this? Because to me it seems they still have relatively large fanbase for a VK band anyway. I mean Ai's solo career is doing well so far and this band of Naoki's is gaining recognition, so this seems to suggest that DEATHGAZE's member still have a decent size following and why wouldn't DEATHGAZE itself not if it's members do? I think that there may be a lot of different reasons that they went on hiatus but lack of a fanbase isn't one of them, clearly or Ai and Naoki wouldn't be getting promoted so hard with their new projects. 

But isn't the fact that their solo projects are doing well further cementing the notion that DEATHGAZE doesn't need to get back together? I mean, they went on hiatus for a reason and if they're doing well solo, why bother changing that? I know some fans would like them to get back together,  but the fact of the matter is that Ai is doing well enough on his own. Takaki has gone onto ORCALADE, to much hype, as with Naoki in dexcore, and Kousuke has been doing well in Unveil Raze.

I'm not sure if their fanbase was dying, but personally, I'm more enthusiastic about their new projects than DEATHGAZE, since I felt the band was getting a little stale.

39 minutes ago, sume7 said:

What evidence do you have of this? Because to me it seems they still have relatively large fanbase for a VK band anyway. I mean Ai's solo career is doing well so far and this band of Naoki's is gaining recognition, so this seems to suggest that DEATHGAZE's member still have a decent size following and why wouldn't DEATHGAZE itself not if it's members do? I think that there may be a lot of different reasons that they went on hiatus but lack of a fanbase isn't one of them, clearly or Ai and Naoki wouldn't be getting promoted so hard with their new projects. 

??? "gaining recognition" is a bit nebulous, Naoki's band was just announced and their official twitter has 160 followers... there's no way to measure until we see the trends in venues they're playing and who they're playing with
if it helps by "fanbase" i don't mean overseas fans (deathgaze dominated in terms of overseas fans imho) and net/CD fans, i mean the people who drive the band financially by adding to the headcount and attending shows

now i can't give you "evidence" because it's not like i have statistics about japanese deathgaze fans but i can tell you my perception from what i've seen and why is it how it is:
while i personally enjoy Aiemon dot com and his solo act, he's a pretty minor act based on the crowd turnout i saw and the venues he's playing/who he's playing with. like, it shocked me because i expected him to have more fans in the crowd.
as for deathgaze itself, a bunch of diehard fans rolled on them in their last year of activity and stopped attending their shows. 2013 was absolutely filled with drama between the members and fans which is probably what many younger bangya know about them more than their music sadly. yes it was all petty gossip but fans really and truly did quit because of it and it stained their legacy imo.

3 hours ago, Shaolan974 said:

Cool. At least, it's not grindcore like Deviloof. Fortunately.

please tell me what song of Deviloof is considered grindcore? if there is any i guess i haven't heard it yet which would be kinda strange since i own all 3 of their CDs... Ôó

also like expected dexcore sounds fucking sick - kagami has amazing vocals > growls, screaming singing that pigsqueal right into the breakdown...! everything about this sounds perfect!!

if all their songs are like this they'll be my 2nd fav band just next to Deviloof! 8D

Damn, it sounds heavy - not the 'conventional' kind of heavy, tho. It's  kinda hard to describe it, but the guitar and bass tones sound like a jackhammer. Definitely looking forward to their next releases

I like what I see and what I hear. Nice mix of heaviness and smooth vocals, catchy chorus – I'm sold.

I guess this means we're that much further away from  a DEATHGAZE comeback (in the foreseeable future anyway), but AI's shit is basically DEATHGAZE, so I'm good. 

Absolutely not good. 

If this is any indication of what they'll basically sound like, they sound like a one-single wonder indie VK band from 2007. 

yep i love it. surprise surprise

heavy? its pretty soft its more heavy rock with bit of metal inside than real pure metal. which I hate. if I hear metal I want metal 3~5min long. nothing soft or lesser wild inside.

really cut of clean singing and I would have liked it maybe.

I dig deviloof more. lol.

as I wrote in my status update.

E.T will play with DEXCORE at 01/10.

If there is  interest I'm willing to buy whatever they would sell.

However,

My friend will ask her boss if she can have a day off. if she can get off she will go.

I do not know how much money she can carry with her.

So I'm willing to make 1 person happy, if my friend will go.

dexcore will start a campaign  「月9コア (ゲツクコア)」 (Getsukucore) on their Youtube Channel, releasing a full chorus of new songs every weeks.
The first is planned for 03/06 at 9.00pm. The others will follow as the same schema every monday at 9.00 pm.

So there is 10 songs at the total ! (I guess we will have a preview for "Plant", "above the clouds", "造花" (Zouka), "Fake out")

C5q5B7GUwAA_Pus.jpg

Sign in to follow this