Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

直樹(naoki)(DEATHGAZE) new band will form

I've loved everything they've released so far but this one might actually be my new favourite. I love how they aren't just repackaging Hunger/The Dead Sea over and over, too, and they actually have a bit of variation in their music. After the first song in the campaign I was kinda concerned that's the route they'd take, which wouldn't have been too big an issue since I liked it but it's nice to have variety. Also, the wonky English is growing on me, I actually found it more charming than anything else with this one. Seriously loving this band so far.

I'm really hoping the songs in this getsu9core project are demo-only, the recording quality is fuckin abysmal.

and they have yet to do better than above the clouds imo, most of them sounds like really weak b-sides

I haven't uploaded the new song yet. I will do so when I get off work. Please give me a couple hours. 👍

Not that I think it's bad, but I was sort of hoping they'd do something more along the lines of 'above the clouds'. Different is nice and all, and I know I said I'm glad they aren't just constantly releasing copies of their first few songs, but I mean, I wouldn't mind just a LITTLE more Hunger/The Dead Sea styled songs, seeing as that was what got me interested in them in the first place.

I was thinking more about the campaign, are they planning on using these songs as demos for an album or something? I haven't seen much official word beyond the announcement of the campaign at the start of it, and I don't even know if anything more has even be said about it. But it would be kinda interesting if they ended up releasing them all as a proper album, provided they polish the hell out of it by the time the album is released; whilst I don't mind the less-than-stellar quality of the tracks so far, they really could use some work, and I reckon they'd sound amazing with some proper studio polish to them.

As for the song itself, it's pretty good, though I don't love it. It's not a favourite of mine, but it's not their weakest song either.

Another decent song but like someone else said I hope these are not "mastered" the quality sounds a bit all over the place.

God I love this band so fucking much. The only one I haven't been all about is Noise. The rest of them are incredible. I've listened to Above the Clouds like a hundred times. 

They were way more diverse than I expected them to be now that it's all said and done.

Sign in to follow this