yakihiko

vistlip

Didn't see this posted 

Had the chance to see them live like 8-9 years back with Aicle, but I was such an ingrate that I didn't like neither them back then. Cue a few years forward and now it's my top music related regret 4ever. That was the kind of fantasy booking I wouldn't even dare imagine now.

Needless to say that this band is good.

i made a simple video with vistlip's 'caramel macchiato'! unfortunately it's blocked in 5 countries including the US so you'd have to use a proxy or something to view it if you live there. SORRY NOT SORRY for the huge tomo bias lolol

i love a lot of vistlip songs to death but this has got to be 1 of my top 5. i've translated the lyrics so that those of us who can't read japanese can get a glimpse of what their lyrics tend to be about, and maybe understand why out of 10 japanese vistlip fans you ask 5 of them will tell you that they love vistlip because of tomo's "sekaikan" (worldview). tomo's lyrics are one of a kind - they are really banal, quotidian, but at the same time also extremely cinematic, allusive, and moving :) he once said that he never cared for the grand abstract ideas, cos the real important things can be found in the fleeting moments from day to day.

i hope you like it and comments are welcome!

Edited by hiroki

vistlip had their 10TH ANNIVERSARY LIVE tonight at zepp tokyo!!!!!

here's the setlist

1. SINDRA
2. My second B-day
3. I am...
4. -OZONE-
5. 墜落
6. ORDER MADE
7. THEATER OF ENVY
8. Dead Cherry
9. FIVE BARKIN ANIMALS
10. WIMP
11. Edy
12. MONOGRAM
13. Sara
14. alo[n]e
15. drop note.
16. Idea
17. STRAWBERRY BUTTERFLY
18. B
19. HEART ch.
20. SIREN
21. LION HEART

Encore:
1. 星一つ灯らないこんな夜に。
2. GLOSTER IMAGE
3. Hameln
4. July VIIth [Re:birth]

will post some pics later!!

Edited by hiroki

Has it really been ten years already? I liked them since the beginning, but I lost interest around Chimera. I feel guilty because they were one of my favorites for so long. Ten years, huh? Maybe I'll try to pick them up again. Anyone, what's their best release after Chimera?

On 2017/7/10 at 5:55 AM, apple-wa said:

Has it really been ten years already? I liked them since the beginning, but I lost interest around Chimera. I feel guilty because they were one of my favorites for so long. Ten years, huh? Maybe I'll try to pick them up again. Anyone, what's their best release after Chimera?

i've followed them since the beginning too and they have definitely changed in some ways. but, the same can be said for any band that has stuck around for 10 years. 

personally their earlier stuff (from Revolver to, maybe... B?) will always be irreplaceable for me. i wouldn't say that i've lost interest, although it's true that some of their newer songs just don't give me the same feeling anymore. they will always be my #1 band though.

maybe i can recommend some songs if you tell me the vistlip songs you like haha. Chimera was actually my favorite single from them in the last 4 years or something like that...

11 hours ago, hiroki said:

maybe i can recommend some songs if you tell me the vistlip songs you like haha. Chimera was actually my favorite single from them in the last 4 years or something like that...

It's not that I didn't necessarily like Chimera. My musical tastes changed around that time and then after enough time had passed, it just seemed like so much work to catch up with all the bands I lost track of. I do miss vistlip though.

Anyway, my top five favorite songs of theirs are Lion Heart, Strawberry Butterfly, Black Tail, Princess Dizzy and Sindra. I think I remember liking the song that was coupled with Artist but I can't remember the name of it. Something about a fish, I think? Does that help you make any suggestions?

^ i think i watched this about 102837192837 times

tomo makes some of the best ever expressions when he's singing like this T______T <3

Edited by hiroki