Valicious

The RarezHut Megathread: the largest internationally-based Visual Kei megastore

We thought we'd try a shot in the dark and put Masquerade - 幻覚の華 tape on stream. I dunno if anyone will be interested though....kinda unknown

I would like to present to you ホタル - 歌謡サスペンス激情 A Rare Look Inside Visual Kei #3

aka

The Exploding RarezHut Logo

Presenting a combined item list for the March streams for your ghost bidding pleasure, complete with items that sold last weekend

Get those ghost bids in by emailing us at [email protected]!  Just tell us what items you'd like to bid on, and your max bid, and we'll place your bid for you so you don't miss out.

GOOD NEWS TO EU CUSTOMERS

We have been quietly setting up a program to help reduce the burden of shipping to Europe when buying from our livestream auctions or through RarezHut Imports, and RarezHub Germany is ready for a trial run.  All orders to customers residing in the EU will be sent in a giant crate to our employee in Germany (Yes, we hired our first paid employee), who will then repackage orders into individual boxes to be mailed out.  This process does not delay your order however since the combined crate is shipped overseas Priority.  (whereas individual orders would've otherwise been shipped First Class)

The savings are not insignificant either, with some being close to 50%.  One of the added benefits is that customers will no longer have to deal with the hassle or fees from customs, all contact with customs is handled by our hub in Germany.

Some examples:  (shipping costs go down substantially the more orders from the EU we have

A 1lb package to a customer in Germany - ordinarily $21.38, $17.38 with only 3 orders and $14.68 with 7 others.

A 1lb package to a customer in the EU (not Germany) - ordinarily $21.38, $18.98 with 7 orders and $17.41 with 10 others.

A 3lb package to Germany - ordinarily $32.78, $23.31 with 5 orders and $20.62 with 7 orders.

A 3lb package to the EU (not Germany) - ordinarily $32.78, $30.82 at 7 orders, $28.80 at 10 orders.

A 5lb package to Germany - ordinarily $51.63, $36.24 at 3 orders and $28.26 at 7 orders

A 5lb package to the EU (not Germany) - ordinarily $51.63, $47.54 at 3 orders and $39.69 at 6 orders.

Orders are assumed to all be roughly the same size in these examples.  Obviously this will not be the case for actual orders, but the principles used remain the same.  Nearly half our customers are from the EU, so achieving those higher numbers and getting those deeper discounts is easily obtainable.  The question with RarezHub Germany isn't WHETHER you will save money, it's HOW MUCH you'll save.

The first trial run is with the orders from the stream that will be ending this Sunday.  Participation this time is on an opt-in basis, but everyone gets cheaper shipping when more people participate.

So cool! Hope everything works out for German/EU customers!

It hopefully should :) We've been working on this behind the scenes for quite some time now and Val has run so many different simulations that I'm pretty sure she can be legally declared insane.

So what are these rates in EUR? I gather that's what people desire to know as there's usually no telling of how much the currency rates differ day by day, and we don't really have a lot to work with when everything's priced in USD while this is stationed in Germany.

Is there any other option beside priority shipping? I personally never use tracked shipping because it's a waste of cash — never lost a single item in the postage because of how strict they are here. And Airmail nowadays is faster than anything else. Is it true in this case that you'll be forced to make bulk-purchases? I gather that it's not so convenient to slip in just a few CDs, the rates would be higher either way because I gather from this that you will be paying for the shipping costs of others too in that case, if you will only have a few items in the box. So from how many items and up will this become smart to use without actually losing money?

So what are these rates in EUR? I gather that's what people desire to know as there's usually no telling of how much the currency rates differ day by day, and we don't really have a lot to work with when everything's priced in USD while this is stationed in Germany.

Is there any other option beside priority shipping? I personally never use tracked shipping because it's a waste of cash — never lost a single item in the postage because of how strict they are here. And Airmail nowadays is faster than anything else. Is it true in this case that you'll be forced to make bulk-purchases? I gather that it's not so convenient to slip in just a few CDs, the rates would be higher either way because I gather from this that you will be paying for the shipping costs of others too in that case, if you will only have a few items in the box. So from how many items and up will this become smart to use without actually losing money?

I believe Val has a spreadsheet with EUR on it that she can post up which better shows the breakdown of prices. 

For this service, priority will be the only option for sending things to our shipping hub in Germany, as USPS imposes a limit of ~1.8 kg for first-class packages. Once the items are at the hub, they'll be shipped using the cheapest option from DHL which doesn't have tracking(although I believe tracking would be available for an extra EUR or so). As far as the shipping costs break down, it would still make sense even if you were to only order one CD as the cost for US -> GER shipping will be broken down proportionally to the weight of your items. The numbers posted above were based off if each order inside of the bulk package was the same weight to make things simple.  I'm sure Val has a much better formula that she could post for calculating this, but this is how I see it with my half-awake brain:

[(your weight / total weight) * US/GER shipping] + (shipping from GER to you + optional tracking)

Does that make sense? So if the box to the shipping hub costs $50 and your CDs were 10% of the total weight, then you would pay $5 + the cost to ship from Germany to you(which I believe was extremely economical to the tune of 6-10 EUR for most packages or less if you're within Germany).

So...logically...the more people use this option,the cheaper the costs for shipping from US to GER are?! ^^

Correct, and it gets cheaper pretty quickly too.

Stream is live guys, come join us :)

www.rarezhut.net/stream

As a customer of RarezHut, I'd say that this is a great way to purchase Japanese CDs whether you're looking for visual-kei in general or something else, great pricing and it'd be hard to beat the shipping deals they provide. 

I recently received a rather large order from Val and Panda today and it was safely packaged and in wonderful condition. You can't really beat getting great deals on rare or sometimes out of print CDs, especially with bundles. 

Since they also have streaming events, that makes a great way to see all the type of rare items they have that date from the '90s-present. You may even find something that you've been searching for but it's overpriced but that's where RarezHut comes in, great prices and they treat their customers well. 

These are just a few of things I've bought from them / here and here

Wow Maiko, makin' me blush *fans self*

I'm so glad everything arrived safely and you liked the lil extra we threw in there for you <3 

Reading feedback like this is a huge part of what keeps us going, even when challenges arise.  RarezHut is a labor of love above all else, and it's times like this that really do help put the "love" back into the "labor".  :lolita_cheerful:

As a customer of RarezHut, I'd say that this is a great way to purchase Japanese CDs whether you're looking for visual-kei in general or something else, great pricing and it'd be hard to beat the shipping deals they provide. 

I recently received a rather large order from Val and Panda today and it was safely packaged and in wonderful condition. You can't really beat getting great deals on rare or sometimes out of print CDs, especially with bundles. 

Since they also have streaming events, that makes a great way to see all the type of rare items they have that date from the '90s-present. You may even find something that you've been searching for but it's overpriced but that's where RarezHut comes in, great prices and they treat their customers well. 

These are just a few of things I've bought from them / here and here

Here is the list of items available for direct purchase.  These items can be combined with your current stream order as well, but you need to email us at [email protected] within 24 hours in orders to combine.  You can also add items from the store too of course.

A preview of one of the items being listed on the store this week.

sleeve length: 63 cm, shoulder width: 45.5 cm, length from neck: 48 cm

10649480_535211206638560_57208101936591612799236_535211246638556_61879657576935212068740_535211329971881_65641219351974212322796_535211359971878_389105427794496

For the first time, we have band clothing on the store!

THIS WEEK'S NEW PRODUCTS
We continue to add new items to the RarezHut store.  We plan on making smaller, weekly product additions similar to this one going forward.  Looking for something specific or have suggestions for what you'd like to see?  Send us an email, and we'll make your suggestions a priority for future updates.
NEW ITEMS
SUTH:VICIOUS - SELENES...
V.A. Black Market 1997 vol.2
Spiral free - ヴァレンシア
SOPHIA - BOYS
Sleep My Dear - RELIEVE
S-RAVE - Necklace
PLUNKLOCK - Breakout (2nd press)
Phobia - カウンセリング
FAKE? - BREATHE IN...
J+Jenius - STYLE
juliadoll - departure
Everlasting-K - Metamorphose
HALATION - down to the wire
ElDorado x H.Naoto callab shirt

THIS WEEK'S NEW PRODUCTS

We continue to add new items to the RarezHut store.  We plan on making smaller, weekly product additions similar to this one going forward.  Looking for something specific or have suggestions for what you'd like to see?  Let us know, and we'll make your suggestions a priority for future updates.

NEW ITEMS

The Birth of RarezHub

It seems we took a wrong turn in Albuquerque and wound up in Germany, oops.

We have been quietly setting up a program to help reduce the burden of shipping to Europe when buying from our livestream auctions or through RarezHut Imports, and RarezHub Germany is ready for its debut.  All orders to customers residing in the EU will be sent in a giant crate to our employee in Germany (Yes, we hired our first paid employee), who will then repackage orders into individual boxes to be mailed out.  Please note that it is possible to ship store orders with this method, but they will wait to ship until the beginning of the month with the other EU orders.  

The savings are not insignificant either.  A successful trial during our last livestream resulted in each person saving an average of 40-50% on shipping as shown in the table below.  We hope that this program contributes significant progress to our overarching missing of making visual kei ownership easily accessible for everyone.

pUyqYRs.png