Sign in to follow this  
freesia

freesia's Favorite Releases of 2015

Thought I should write my own favorite releases of 2015 since it seems you guys are having so much fun in it. xD
I can't tell apart which ranks the releases are in in my heart, so I won't be ranking them down here.

>> [album] Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas - Feeling of Unity
Genre: Post-hardcore, Trance
One of the few releases I was able to buy, and I'm so glad I did! Very fun to listen to so every time I got bored, I listen to this.
13498-hfxtas7l0z.jpg
CD_LasVegas.jpg

>> [album] lynch. - D.A.R.K. - In the name of evil -
Genre: Metalcore, Nagoya Kei
This was an awesome album at first listen. I got bored with it gradually but I'm sure it will grow on me later nonetheless.
lynch-thumb-700xauto-19110.jpg
R-7653701-1446018548-3195.jpeg.jpg

>> [album] CROSSFAITH - XENO
Genre: Metalcore
Stunning album! I actually liked the ballad, "Tears Fall", unlike other fans who preferred their old sound.
3540280717_photo.jpg?1225
Crossfaith-Xeno-Album-Artwork.jpg

>> [album] Chouchou - Alexandrite
Genre: Electronica, experimental
Very beautiful electronica album. Chouchou are one of the best electronica duos in the scene.
hero_arabesque.jpg
hero_juliet.jpg
jacket_al.jpg

>>[album] the GazettE - DOGMA
Genre: Visual Kei, Metal
One of the darker albums that they have released. They didn't disappoint me this time.
thegazette2.jpg
220px-Dogma_-_The_Gazette_Album_Cover.jp

>>[album] Presence of soul — All Creation Mourns
Genre: Post-rock, post-metal
Very atmospheric. Loved the last two track of this album.
bf463184f74742c08d201c33cd679916.jpg
11951791_10153593791479730_5309595909820

>> [album] world's end girlfriend, Vampillia, 中原中也 -  在りし日の声 Voices of Days Past
Genre: "Poemcore", electronica, ambient
Poemcore with dark and mysterious atmosphere. Loved the world's end girlfriend's and instrumental tracks.
41I0ApivSlL._SY355_.jpg

>> [album] Anoice - Into the Shadows
Genre: Modern classical, ambient, post-rock
Beautiful and stunning music like always.
3db11ed90ce144d88a8a94a79599f0df.jpg
RIC024.jpg

>> [mini-album] ハルカトミユキ - 世界
Genre: Indie-pop, pop rock
Easy on the ears and lively to listen to. Good release.
f54bf168a73b4d.jpg
6fbe0593caa34687c9f99ad69a533d7a.jpg

>>[album] それでも世界が続くなら - 最低の昨日はきっと死なない
Genre: Rock
Album starts of with mellow slow vocals and beats which catches the ear. Don't get me wrong though, they are a pretty upbeat rock band.
 1be06de88ebb468bc6855462f0b9abea.jpg
61R2vBULE0L._SX355_.jpg

>> [album] 溶けない名前 - タイムマシンがこわれるまえに
Genre: Shoegaze
Sounds like My Dead Girlfriend and Plastic Girl In Closet. I don't know if they are related but even if they are not, 溶けない名前 is still good shoegaze to listen to.
b2f00a9f58434df3cde83d313de9e292.jpg
news_thumb_tokenainamae_timemachinegakow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVW_YiZYViU

>> [mini-album] 雑魚猫タワー - 一隅にて
Genre: Indie pop, Folk
Very light-hearted and easy to listen to. Vocalist has a sweet voice.
signature.jpg
51zTpcoRPjL._SY355_.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3_7-gsFCXo

>>[album] Gecko(ゲッコー) - Forestract
Genre: Ambient, modern classical
Sad, beautiful, and captivating.
eb6656027c98695236f3e6c61d3d8fd5.jpg
gecko-forestract-2015-10-21.jpg?w=550&h=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u0sWDdShuU

>> [album] 渋谷 慶一郎 - ATAK022 Live in Paris
Genre: Piano, modern classical
Shibuya plays one of the saddest piano music, in this live album, mixed with electronic elements. My favorite track is "Open Your Eyes".
AS20141113001385_comm.jpg
51uaHiZOo3L._SX450_.jpg

Yup, that's all I could think of for now even though I might have missed some. Tell me if you have common favorites from my list! I also very welcome recommendations as well! :D Thanks for taking time to read this. :love:

Edit: I edited out Haruka Nakamura's album since I'd mistaken it for releasing in 2015 but it was actually from 2014.

I should check Chouchou's Alexandrite, Fear's album and それでも世界が続くなら (why not? they have umbrellas, and I like musicians holding it)

I would recommend DIAWOLF, since you have good taste with bands with electro music.

i liked the stuff you played on dub so i definitely should check the artists i havent heard of :D

the soredemo album....*looks at the pile of releases i havent checked yet* :'( :'( :'(

nice list!! thanks for joining the Best Of party

I should check Chouchou's Alexandrite, Fear's album and それでも世界が続くなら (why not? they have umbrellas, and I like musicians holding it)

I would recommend DIAWOLF, since you have good taste with bands with electro music.

Thanks for your recommendation! I rarely listened to A9 so I never followed what they were up to, but this DIAWOLF sounds promising. Will check them out more from now on.

i liked the stuff you played on dub so i definitely should check the artists i havent heard of :D

the soredemo album....*looks at the pile of releases i havent checked yet* :'( :'( :'(

nice list!! thanks for joining the Best Of party

Cool~ Have fun checking them out. Hope you will like them. :)

Cool list, I like the variety! ...even tho most of the bands I know did nothing but disappoint me this year, lmao (okay, maybe GazettE's album wasn't that bad, just easily forgettable).

Yay for ハルカトミユキ! That and LIFE were two of my favorite releases last year. I was disappointed they didn't make MH's lists.

There are some things here that have caught my eye, so I'll definitely try and sample some of them. I didn't even know Chouchou had a new album too, will also check that one out!

I was surprised to see so many people were hard on FALILV this year, I thought Feeling of Unity was great too. Sounds like classic FALILV to me. :) Also the same could be said for XENO, though I understand why old fans may not like it as much. But I still think it's a really good album with fun songs. I'm happy to see Presence of Soul on your list as well! All Creation Mourns was wonderful! There are may other albums I liked on your list and artists I need to hear for the first time. Thanks for joining in the fun and sharing!

Really cool, I really love FALILV but didn`t get too listen to them too much this year, seems like I missed out.

I will be studying the second half of your list, don`t know too much there, and I have to admit I have taken a peek at your last.fm before and stolen some bands from you there that I really like.

Hopefully girugamesh will be killing it next year to make up for keeping us waiting again!

THERE WAS A NEW HARUKA NAKAMURA ALBUM!?!?!? I didn't know!

Both those Chouchou and Anoice albums were good and yielded some favorites for me!

I just recently tried that Gecko album which was nice too. Did you ever get around to listening to that Radicalfashion album? Also have you tried Hior Chronik? I think that might be up your alley, and it also features some Japanese musicians Yasushi Yoshida and Yoshinori Takezawa. I'd recommend that if you haven't heard it yet.

Great list!

Nice list! Even though I don't know a lot of the bands/artists, haha. But I'm rather intrigued by Presence of soul and Anoice. I never really paid much attention to Anoice, but I like the sample you put! I may need to look into them more~ Ah, I haven't checked out anything by world's end girlfriend in a while either, but I like that track too~

Cool list, I like the variety! ...even tho most of the bands I know did nothing but disappoint me this year, lmao (okay, maybe GazettE's album wasn't that bad, just easily forgettable).

Haha, I was a bit afraid the list will be all over the place because of the different genres in it. So I'm glad you thought it was cool!

Yay for ハルカトミユキ! That and LIFE were two of my favorite releases last year. I was disappointed they didn't make MH's lists.

There are some things here that have caught my eye, so I'll definitely try and sample some of them. I didn't even know Chouchou had a new album too, will also check that one out!

*High-fives* I thought I must add Haruka to Miyuki because I didn't see them in others' lists too. I wasn't too fond of LIFE though, so I didn't add it. :P

I was surprised to see so many people were hard on FALILV this year, I thought Feeling of Unity was great too. Sounds like classic FALILV to me. :) Also the same could be said for XENO, though I understand why old fans may not like it as much. But I still think it's a really good album with fun songs. I'm happy to see Presence of Soul on your list as well! All Creation Mourns was wonderful! There are may other albums I liked on your list and artists I need to hear for the first time. Thanks for joining in the fun and sharing!

Yeah, I was surprised to see some other fans not like those new albums as well. Not like I'm a new fan, but I do think FALILV improved with this album and made me like them more than I did before!

Really cool, I really love FALILV but didn`t get too listen to them too much this year, seems like I missed out.

I will be studying the second half of your list, don`t know too much there, and I have to admit I have taken a peek at your last.fm before and stolen some bands from you there that I really like.

Hopefully girugamesh will be killing it next year to make up for keeping us waiting again!

Haha thanks, hope you enjoy the other picks from my list. You're welcome to peek at my last.fm anytime or you can follow me there if you want (although the follow function on last.fm doesn't do much as before)!

THERE WAS A NEW HARUKA NAKAMURA ALBUM!?!?!? I didn't know!

Both those Chouchou and Anoice albums were good and yielded some favorites for me!

I just recently tried that Gecko album which was nice too. Did you ever get around to listening to that Radicalfashion album? Also have you tried Hior Chronik? I think that might be up your alley, and it also features some Japanese musicians Yasushi Yoshida and Yoshinori Takezawa. I'd recommend that if you haven't heard it yet.

Great list!

Yeah, I listened to the Radicalfashion album. It was nice and all but didn't really stand out from other piano music albums for me. I liked Hior Chronik's Taking the Veil but I didn't add it to my list because he wasn't really from Japan and all the other album artists in it are Japanese so it'll be weird if I added him. Thanks for always recommending me music that fits my taste! XD

Nice list! Even though I don't know a lot of the bands/artists, haha. But I'm rather intrigued by Presence of soul and Anoice. I never really paid much attention to Anoice, but I like the sample you put! I may need to look into them more~ Ah, I haven't checked out anything by world's end girlfriend in a while either, but I like that track too~

You have nice taste too for liking those bands! XD I'm glad! Enjoy hearing more from them~ :D

Sign in to follow this