eiheartx

eiheartx's best of 2015

2015 is finished, welcome 2016 and with it its lot of future releases.
Best & favourites are suggestive and may not please everyone but still, let’s try to do a personal selection. Those tracks & albums has been selected for its replay value + the ‘love at first hearing’ thing. Because there’s definitely something in these tracks that attract me for good and want to destroy the repeat button. xD doesn't mean that I didn't liked the others tracks from album x (for example), just that if I had to choose one or two songs off this release, this would be my choice.

Sorry I'm not that good to write things or doing review, I'm shit.
Anw, here’s mine:

Tracks

— March —

INAZUMA, by ALSDEAD / SPOT
Sick track, really. It’s like a melodic punch in your face and you can't resist it, you want more, I want more!

VIPER (U need Me [GAMASSO] add4), by メガマソ(megamasso) / SPOT
They took a classic and remade it perfectly onto a sick track. The synths brings really something more.

— April —

Cross Peagent, by 凛-the end of corruption world- / SONG
I love everything in this song; the piano, the solos, Sui’s singing, the verse and chorus, I could put this song on repeat again and again. So epic.

九尾(kyuubi), by 九尾(Kiryu) / SPOT
It’s a giant mess and stil, it’s working!

— August —

VENOMS, by MEJIBRAY / SPOT

I’m on a love/hate relationship with MEJ, but I enjoyed this song a lot. Dunno if it’s the symphonic background, or the addictive chorus, ambiance or something. I really love this song, I wish they'd continue in this path...

スノウィブルー(snowy blue) & エインシャントソング, by メガマソ(megamasso) / PV SONG
1st track: Probably my most listened track off this year. What can I say more? The verse already is addictive, let the chorus begins and it’s heaven. Impossible to be bored with this song xD
2nd song: My biggest surprise of 2015, what an insolent idea! Delightful track and voice, I'm especially in love with the synths! Now I'm waiting impatiently for a reverse track xD

DOGMA & OMINOUS, by the GazettE / SONG1 PV2
Their latest album may not please everyone for reasons, but these two song stands out and each time I’m like “wow. just wow.” I’m totally amazed with the ambiance and creativity.

— September —

WEAKNESS_MY BLOOD, by 少年記(shounenki) / SPOT
Each time I’m listening shounenki, I’m saying to myself “holy shit, this guy can def sing!! what a voice, this tone!”, and yet here you can really hear that in the chorus.

— October —

m.o.b., by Chanty / SPOT
These guys definitely knows how to make good and fresh songs that you can love immediately.

Releases

Camera obscure -カメラオブスキュラ-, by lycaon
INAZUMA, by ALSDEAD
Memento-Mori, by 凛-the end of corruption world-
ニシュタリ(nishutari), by メガマソ(megamasso)
VENOMS.app, by MEJIBRAY

WEAKNESS_MY BLOOD, by 少年記(shounenki)

thanks for reading, don't hesitate to share your thoughts if we have a best/fav stuff in common.

Salut, sweet list, megamasso stands out quite a bit, do you usually listen to `heavier`music toujours or is it just the case that this year your favorites happened to be heavier? Just wondering.

^because of VIPER and DOGMA? Not really, depends if I'm attracted to the sound. I do have a soft spot for Rotting Christ tho, I personally think that they're doing a great combination between the melody and the raw sound. If we're talking about VK only well not really.

My favorite tracks on DOGMA were DOGMA and OMINOUS too. I thought most of the other tracks were mediocre but those two were just amazing. They were so atmospheric! Nice to see we have something in common!

I knew you would include 凛, haha. Both their releases this year were absolutely fantastic (I was very surprised that they used a KISAKI PROJECT track to re-record for Cross Pageant), and they ended it incredibly with 'Dedicate to Graveyard', which I hope you enjoyed just as much as I did. I followed you on Twitter, so if you ever have questions about them again, feel free to contact me there.

^I enjoyed Dedicate to Graveyard too, and the misery is nothing remake was delightful! It was a fabulous way to end, yes! But I had to choose the one that impressed me the most, and it was Cross Peagent the winner. Can't believe this band is gone now, and sadly I was late to the party as usual.

Chanty's "m.o.b." is pretty great. As someone mentioned to me recently, it sounds like a midwestern emo song, and it's cool to hear those kinds of influences in VK, I love it!

I also loved Kiryu's "kyuubi". Such an awesome cacophony of sounds. They're a band I plan to try more of really soon.

Thanks for sharing your list!