Sign in to follow this  
hiroki

hiroki's favorites of 2015

Since everyone else is also doing it, i'd like to share my favorite releases of 2015~ :) I'm aware that my taste is rather specific, so you're likely to either love most of the songs or despise all of them. Whatever the case, if you happen to find something that piques your interest or a song from my list you happen to enjoy, you can be sure that i'll be delighted to know what you think--so please feel free to comment etc. :3

I'm not even gonna try to list everything I like from 2015; so here's my top 10 minis/albums, top 10 singles, and top 5 live-limited singles. Each entry will feature a snippet of my favorite track from the release. Enjoyyy~

TOP 10 Mini-Albums & Full Albums (in reverse order)

10. Anima - irony of fate

11iiow5.jpg

Favorite track: バンギャイズム

09. Anli Pollicino - STARGAZER vol.1

63vof6.jpg

Favorite track: Lonely Glory Story

08. Blu-BiLLioN - GENESIS

29aph7n.jpg

Favorite track: キミコレクション

07. メガマソ (Megamasso) - ニシュタリ (Nishutari)

332p25e.jpg

Favorite track: スノウィブルー

06. BLESSCODE - Mind Core

2dp10p.jpg

Favorite track: Lucid

05. Diz - Dearly

iwps00.jpg

Favorite track: 魅惑のMEW

04. V.A. - 妖幻鏡 -WEST- Vol. 2 ~大阪・名古屋連合~

2m6mmfm.jpg

Favorite track: ピノキオ (by FoLLoW)

03. vistlip - LAYOUT

jheagh.jpg

Favorite track: Idea

02. Shellmy - 伍月病 (Gogetsubyo)

fuz2mo.jpg

Favorite track: 甘い目眩、煢然に僕は依然、

01. アンフィル (Anfiel) - LUNAR PHASE

70z9ro.jpg

Favorite track: charming love

=========================================================================================

TOP 10 Singles (in reverse order)

10. ペンタゴン (Pentagon) - ひじきとカラアゲ (Hijiki to Karaage)

29yfp91.jpg

Favorite track: MAKEINU

09. Lig - 恋HANABI (Koi HANABI)

35choj7.jpg

Favorite track: 恋HANABI

08. Blitz - 卒業 (Sotsugyo)

5o5hjt.jpg

Favorite track: 卒業

07. Purple Stone - アオイヤミ (Aoi yami)

1zclv20.jpg

Favorite track: Break the World

06. Neverland - HumaNOISE

epeupy.jpg

Favorite track: HumaNOISE

05. CLØWD - #夏の微熱 (#Natsu no Binetsu)

qq7445.jpg

Favorite track: #夏の微熱

04. FoLLoW - プラネタリウム (Planetarium)

k24hg.jpg

Favorite track: プラネタリウム

03. Crimson Shiva - Feather Pray

au9tlg.jpg

Favorite track: Mermaid Misery

02. アンフィル (Anfiel) - destin

244tylf.jpg

Favorite track: timeless

01. DiCE - Hope

110wr4n.jpg

Favorite track: Secret Night

=========================================================================================

TOP 5 Live-limited Singles (in reverse order)

05. アプレスエコール (Apres Ecole) - ハジマリノセカイ (Hajimari no Sekai)

157ht83.jpg

Favorite track: ハジマリノセカイ

04. 日本男児 (Nihon Danji) - (Untitled)

*Session band of Shibuya (Vo. 東京指定)

29fxn5g.jpg

Favorite track: (Untitled) [Note: I confirmed with Shibuya that none of the songs in this cd are titled ._.]

03. V.A. - VISUAL GRAFFITI vol. 2

*feat. CRIMZON bands

2mnriqe.jpg

Favorite track: sakura.-Demo ver.47- (Band: Purple Stone)

02. ミケ with HMK2 - ポップコーンLOVE DAYS / カサブランカ (Popcorn LOVE DAYS / Casablanca)

*Resistar Records Shuffle band feat. Mike (Vo. Blu-BiLLioN)

evc612.jpg

Favorite track: カサブランカ

01. THE SINK. - Starry Starry Night

*Session band of Kate (Vo. My Fairytale)

14y3jwl.jpg

Favorite track: Starry Starry Night

THAT'S ALL!! Whew, took ~3h to write this post >_> Thanks for reading!

Nice list, even if I don't listen to or don't now 90% of these bands. xD I keep seeing this band Vistlip in a bunch of people's lists, so they must've done something right with their latest album. :D Gonna try to investigate for myself soon. ;>

Update: All the embedded mp3s should work now :) Thanks @CAT5 for helping out!

Nice list, even if I don't listen to or don't now 90% of these bands. xD I keep seeing this band Vistlip in a bunch of people's lists, so they must've done something right with their latest album. :D Gonna try to investigate for myself soon. ;>

Aww thanks for dropping by nonetheless :D And yes please give vistlip a try!!

Great look into the colorful (live-limited) mind of Hiroki.

Resistar mix was really awesome, still want them to do another big one like BPR. This one was easier to get even if it wasn`t a `big`release.

Also I am presuming you got all those signatures, lucky!

Without VK I may never have imagined listening to vocals like some of these bands, I might not think that anyone could pull it off, but thankfully, I have been shown the light, and love it (even if I have trouble singing along).

Blitz you got me more into, but you showed me so much that I still need to play catch up, ah well, let`s see where the future will bring us!

Anli Pollicino, Blu-Billion, Diz, FoLLoW, Anfiel, Pentagon, yayayayyy! I really enjoyed these guys this year too. <3

I haven't checked out much Shellmy but I keep trying to make time for it (your preview track was really nice). 2016 will be the year I finally do! lol. I also liked that Lig preview, I've never heard of them before. That's gotta change. Thanks for sharing your list. I definitely am walking away with some new bands to check out!

@@Tetora

i haven't listened to the BPR single - i definitely need to! what i liked about the Resistar singles was how they shuffled the members around and produced music that's kinda different from their usual stuff (e.g. you don't really get the folk/kayokyoku sound in Blu-BiLLioN as you do in Mike with HMK2). i agree it'll be great if they can release their future CDs through shops instead of making it live limited (*_*)

ahh the signatures came with all copies of the CDs! i guess they're just too lazy to make album arts hahaha.

and yeah i understand what you mean about the unusual vocals lol. i accept it's not everyone's thing, but it's something unique to the scene that's personally very close to me :) so i'm thrilled to hear that you like it!

@@doombox

*high fives* i didn't know you like Anli Pollicino, Diz and FoLLoW as well! that's such a pleasant surprise :'DD

do check out Shellmy! honestly before i listened to them i didn't think i'll like them (from their appearance at least, they seem a little too melancholic/brooding compared to what i typically listen to) - but damnnn, it's gotta take something quite remarkable to displace vistlip's album from the top spot haha. Lig is a new band and they only have 2 singles so far. i prefer their more recent one (which is in this list) - the band's style reminds me a lot of カラット and 恋HANABI sounds like a song Yuuji could easily have sung ;)

*high fives* i didn't know you like Anli Pollicino, Diz and FoLLoW as well! that's such a pleasant surprise :'DD

do check out Shellmy! honestly before i listened to them i didn't think i'll like them (from their appearance at least, they seem a little too melancholic/brooding compared to what i typically listen to) - but damnnn, it's gotta take something quite remarkable to displace vistlip's album from the top spot haha. Lig is a new band and they only have 2 singles so far. i prefer their more recent one (which is in this list) - the band's style reminds me a lot of カラット and 恋HANABI sounds like a song Yuuji could easily have sung ;)

Yep yep! Though I want to think I heard news that Diz was on hiatus/disbanded? Dearly seemed so promising too. :( Ahhh that Carat comparison makes sense, since I could use a new replacement for the hole they've left in my playlists as well. Looking forward to more Lig in that case! 

Most of this is really new to me, but it's super exciting to check out everyone's lists and get a glimpse of their tastes!

Vistlip was the only one I'd listened to previously and I recall enjoying it. After listening to your samples, both FoLLoW and Purple Stone caught my ear!

Great work on the post btw! I feel your pain in creating it. The Best New Tracks posts we do with the official reviewers takes a few hours to format every month, not counting the time it takes to do blurbs. I almost feel like renaming it, though since "best" probably comes off as arrogant and condescending - when in fact, it's just recommendations. I digress, though XD

I really enjoy and appreciate the fact that you took the time to make short samples. I have no idea why that hadn't crossed my mind, but I will certainly be borrowing this idea! 

Thanks for sharing, Hiroki! :3

loved anima's irony of fate favorite track ランダムハイスコア  , blu billion's genesis, megamasso's nishutari , diz - dearly, V.A. - 妖幻鏡 -WEST- Vol. 2 ~大阪・名古屋連合~ favorite track jilled ray's track, vistlip's layout , anfiel's lunar phase favorite track hang in there

love all the singles you posted except aprec ecole one, va visual graffiti and the sink. starry night coz i havent listened to those :P

At first i would like to say a great "THANK YOU" to Hiroki!  This year (2015) was the year of rare openings and good stuff... You are trying to support all your favourite bands and mainly because of you i started the same activity :3

Im not good in reviewing so it will be rather short.. 

I found this list very interesting ... The main stars from this chart for me are: DiCE, DiZ, Follow, Lig, Purple stone and Anfiel

The top is DiCE.. Hiroki knows my love to "pop-brutal neo-visual kei with harsh electronic sound"... so this band unite all my favourite sides of the music..

Another one is DiZ .. their songs are so peaceful, soft and interesting .. and 100% agree with favourite track .. 魅惑のMEW is my favourite too ^^

Follow .. im following to them from there first single.. and they improved a lot.. but my favourite single from them is Eternally.. :)

Last bands like Lig, Purple stone and Anfiel  just  really similar to my taste)

Another interesting idea to Hiroki is to make a list of  his favourite underrated new bands which was in 2015.. :drums:

So thank you for this chart and all our talkings about new bands))) Happy new year!)

@@doombox

Yup Diz has disbanded.. it's a real shame :( Dearly was pretty much their best album with all their songs except for 1-2 songs from previous singles I think.

@@CAT5

Yay for vistlip! <3 It's so nice to know they have the endorsement of the great CAT5 XDD Oh yeah it took me forever to do the short samples with the fade in/out effects lol. I always find it difficult when it comes to excerpting a 'prime' section for every song since that means I'm forced to take out quite a bit of instrumentals that may be important for preserving the 'feel' of the song. Well.. can't have it both ways i guess ._.

@@Raburr7

Oh for the VA album i also really liked the jilled ray track. It's almost as wonderful as FoLLoW's ピノキオ even though the latter just edges it for me :D Ditto for the Anfiel album - ALL the tracks are so good it's impossible to choose between them haha.

@@Minami

You are trying to support all your favourite bands and mainly because of you i started the same activity :3

wow, reading that really made my day T_T it's always a pleasure to chat with you through PM so let's continue doing that :D happy new year too~ :3

Ok so lets start with the bands in general that i liked: blu-billion, megamasso, blesscode, follow, vistlip, shellmy, anfiel.... 

Better yet I'll go with the, never listened to before, bands that I liek since a majority of this I liked: Anima, Anli Pollicino, div, lig, dice, never land - I loved the songs you chose and I think I need a crash course on all things them lo, that being said maybe the live limited nihon danji was a little different for me, but those bands are also new to me besides purple stone and the mixed resistar band. I did like the new mixed band song because it is different from Mike's style in blu-billion so I thought that was a plus.

Also top out of your list for me:

Mini/Album : Follow - Pinocchio.... I mean I just can't get enough of follow like.....<3 that's all I'm going to say since I expressed this to you deeply so many times lol

Single:Dice - hope (even though I've never listened to them before, this snippet was pretty enjoyable)

live-limited: Purple stone - sakura

@@yakihiko

yay nice to hear you enjoyed it as well! after listening to the album A LOT i still can't decide whether i like 'charming love' or 'モノポリー' more - they tie for the top spot for me personally. but all the songs you mentioned are great as well! every single track on the album is a banger lol :D

How did you get irony of fate?! I've been searching every CD store I could think of with no avail T.T

How did you get irony of fate?! I've been searching every CD store I could think of with no avail T.T

must have been either closetchild or auction (don't remember) XD i'll pm you.

Sign in to follow this