Sign in to follow this  
Chi

seurong's 2015 Favorites

Also can be read as: Releases I actually listened to more than once.

2015 was a year with lots of releases from bands i discovered recently and also bands I have been following for a long time. Trying to keep up with everything has been really hard. I enjoyed a lot of releases but the truth is: I didn't replay a lot of them. So here is the stuff I actually listened constantly last year. btw no ranking order besides the obvious number one.

ddVJmLK.jpg

Pelican Fanclub by Pelican Fanclub

Wooo big surprise here, huh? I bet no one saw this coming. I have over 400 plays for this album on lastfm alone.

You can say I am pretty addicted to them. I can listen to this band for hours without getting tired.

This EP is probably the only one all year I love every single song.

KQNCwGm.jpgur2ijkn.jpg

Hiniku na tane no hikutsu na me and Akesuke Shuuchiroku by Kuroyuri to Kage

Easily my most played VK releases from last year. The album maybe not as much but I really dig the EP.

Their songs can sound very same-y and I hope they change that up a bit in 2016.

hEW6OQj.jpg

Every Open Eye by CHVRCHES

The first album was my 2013-2014 soundtrack basically so I was super excited for this release.

A lot of people seemed to not like it but i think the quality is pretty much the same as the previous one.

It wasn't perfect but it was definitely above average for me.

wqXpmhF.jpg

I Don't Want to Open the Window to the Outside World by Pony

They released their 1st album in 2009 and an EP in 2012. Both sounded like your usual indie band from Korea (which I love, anyways)

but for this album they turned into a completely different band and went full experimental. I LOVED IT.  :D

csnSgOn.png

Petry ga Yonderu by GOOD ON THE REEL

These guys released an EP before this and I was about to throw them in the trashcan of forgotten/ruined bands

but they ended up releasing an album that sounded completely different and much much better so they have been forgiven.

tlcbOWC.jpg

VIDYA by IX-NINE-

The vocals may bother some people but i think they are just right for the kind of sound they've been putting out.

The upcoming album sounds promising too so I'm very excited for these guys in 2016!

DbIQsNd.jpg

New Place by Ame no Parade

I looove Kohei's voice and how soothing it can be in certain songs. The second half of this EP is gold.

Ame no Parade was my favorite discovery of 2014 and this is like seeing my own children doing well in school.

20eoSVN.jpg

Elegance by THE NOVEMBERS

Could've been better? Yes. But after a while this EP grew on me and now I can pretty much enjoy every track.

SCREAMING4ICECREAM 

frzVxGN.png

Roomsick Girls Escape/non-fiction four e.p. by hitorie

Oh, how I love hitorie's style. They really never disappoint with their music so it is almost obligatory I add this to the list. :P

wRsRkzY.png

Compact by Koochewsen

Lovely band that I discovered last year and I enjoyed pretty much every song from this EP.

Besides CHVRCHES and Pony I know/like every band here. Which tells me I need to check out CHVRCHES and Pony. lol

I also didn't check out that Good On The Reel album for similar reasons of being kind of bored with their recent output. So I guess I better put them back on my list to keep tabs on again.

Nice list!

Surprised to don't see MEJIBRAY in here.

mfw trying to enjoy mejibray

9GvckhG.jpg

for me, they definitely released good songs but they were spread amongst a billion so-so singles etc. so the replay value of each single  was really...low. It could have been different, probably...muh mejibrays..

i swear kelly u always reply when i am already replying someone omg!!!!!

Besides CHVRCHES and Pony I know/like every band here. Which tells me I need to check out CHVRCHES and Pony. lol

I also didn't check out that Good On The Reel album for similar reasons of being kind of bored with their recent output. So I guess I better put them back on my list to keep tabs on again.

Nice list!

that good on the reel EP was boring as FUCK. the songs in the album are a lot more upbeat and even the ZzZ inducing ones were decent enough. I hope you enjoy CHVRCHES and Pony!!! 

Cool stuff here! I really really enjoyed PELICAN FANCLUB's, Kuroyuri to kage's and Koochewsen's releases this year too. Not top-quality but really really close! Some other stuff also caught my eye that I haven't heard of before and sounds interesting (particularly Pony), so I guess I'm gonna try those in the future.

i swear kelly u always reply when i am already replying someone omg!!!!!

that good on the reel EP was boring as FUCK. the songs in the album are a lot more upbeat and even the ZzZ inducing ones were decent enough. I hope you enjoy CHVRCHES and Pony!!! 

LMAO I just have perfect timing. X"D 

I'm not even sure if I listened to the last EP... I've been out of the GOTR loop for a minute. >>; 

Cool stuff here! I really really enjoyed PELICAN FANCLUB's, Kuroyuri to kage's and Koochewsen's releases this year too. Not top-quality but really really close! Some other stuff also caught my eye that I haven't heard of before and sounds interesting (particularly Pony), so I guess I'm gonna try those in the future.

i think you might dig that Pony album, Jig! For me only 2 tracks kept it from being greater :'( 

LMAO I just have perfect timing. X"D 

I'm not even sure if I listened to the last EP... I've been out of the GOTR loop for a minute. >>; 

Dont even bother tbh.... 

I enjoyed reading this a lot! I especially enjoy the easy to read format. We have similar tastes in a way but we listen to almost completely different artists, so I'm going to have to check some of these out. I wish there were some samples.

Loving this layout of yours! Such variety! I've honestly only listed to Kuroyuri to Kage's and Ame no Parade's albums, with which I enjoyed them both, but I'm very intrigued with the rest. That especially goes for Koochewsen (thank you Kels-sama), hitorie, GOOD ON THE REEL and pony. Yet ANOTHER musician to add to my ever growing Korean music to check out. I've never really tried GOOD ON THE REEL but I've liked what I've heard. I know of other members who are a fan of hitorie, and with the Vocaloid link, I wish I could get into them more so I'll keep this release in mind. Koochewsen just seems so cool, I MUST finally get to it! You can how to sell! Short and sweet, love it~

I enjoyed reading this a lot! I especially enjoy the easy to read format. We have similar tastes in a way but we listen to almost completely different artists, so I'm going to have to check some of these out. I wish there were some samples.

Thanks for reading zesss!!

I actually think i suck at these because i never know why I like certain releases/songs and that's why I didnt have a lot to say.

I hope you find something you like! :D

btw I added music videos, and uploaded some songs myself!

Loving this layout of yours! Such variety! I've honestly only listed to Kuroyuri to Kage's and Ame no Parade's albums, with which I enjoyed them both, but I'm very intrigued with the rest. That especially goes for Koochewsen (thank you Kels-sama), hitorie, GOOD ON THE REEL and pony. Yet ANOTHER musician to add to my ever growing Korean music to check out. I've never really tried GOOD ON THE REEL but I've liked what I've heard. I know of other members who are a fan of hitorie, and with the Vocaloid link, I wish I could get into them more so I'll keep this release in mind. Koochewsen just seems so cool, I MUST finally get to it! You can how to sell! Short and sweet, love it~

Beni!! thanks for reading

I think you might enjoy koochewsen/hitorie/good on the reel!

koochewsen are really charming. i dont know what it is, but they have a certain style/sound/look that is their own and separates them from other bands. meawhile, while i enjoy good on the reel, i still think they sound like other 10 bands i like - you know what i mean? 

hitorie are very unique as well and you should definitely check them out!! i added their MV to my post!

Short and sweet list, @seurong!

Obviously glad to see you spreading the PELICAN FANCLUB love, especially by sharing a less-highlighted sample track! That and "Police City" are underrated, but oh so good!

Also glad to see Ame no Parade. The opening track is so lovely!

Clearly, I need to check out Koochewsen. I remember @doombox covering that in BNT earlier in the year, but it slipped my mind to check out their full EP--thanks for the recommendation!

Clearly, I need to check out Koochewsen. I remember @doombox covering that in BNT earlier in the year, but it slipped my mind to check out their full EP--thanks for the recommendation!

Yes. Yes you do. XD

Just read through your list and...

CIdPFjwVEAA3pbb.jpg

bye.

still disgusted

still

STILL!

what did I say?

nah I'm kidding of course. :P

Great list. Pelican Fanclub I still plan to revisit. Elegance is on my own list of course - kobacrew represent! I really enjoyed New Place and liked it better than their previous album. I love Kohei's voice too, but still feel like the band is missing something. Great to see Hitorie on the list too - I didn't even know you enjoyed them before this post. What did you think of their mini album and subsequent singles?

Short and sweet list, @seurong!

Obviously glad to see you spreading the PELICAN FANCLUB love, especially by sharing a less-highlighted sample track! That and "Police City" are underrated, but oh so good!

Also glad to see Ame no Parade. The opening track is so lovely!

Thanks for reading, fitz!! When you cant review, u gotta keep it short.....OTL

That track's chorus is just so good and magical idk pelican fanclub has a weird effect on me, @CAT5 is already tired of hearing me fangirl about them D:

I can't wait to see what they have in store for us this year!!

Like @doombox said, i think you totally should listen to Koochewsen and i personally think you might like them! They are releasing another EP this 20th. btw, besides the EP they released last year and the one coming out soon, they also have one released in 2013 titled 'Progressive' you might want to check out!!

oXTFgGk.png

I would personally call it 'Extensive' but alright :P

Just read through your list and...

I gotta talk to @Zeus....why do we have a troll in the staff??HELLO??AUTHORITIES??anyone?

Ame no Parade is missing ME twerking at their lives. you know, for artsy purposes.

BUT I TALKED ABOUT HITORIE WITH YOU BEFORE, WTF

im not sure if i checked all the singles bcuz u told me they did that instruments thingy in the last single and was like '???did they' so i am clearly lost in the hitorie timeline......as you already know.....

BEGONE, CAT!

I still need to check out Pelican Fanclub!

Never gave Kuroyuri to Kage's ep a thorough listen either so I forgot about it pretty fast. I should give it another listen soon~

And yay for THE NOVEMBERS!! :DDD

GOOD ON THE REEL don't sound too bad either. Maybe I'll check them out sometime~

Sign in to follow this