Trombe

Versailles new CD release

I like la musique it sounds like kamijo's solo stuff. The others sound like mock-ups of either Holy Grail or Jupiter songs.. And I can't decide if I hate Lineage or not.

Edited by lichtlune

Previews up. Less than 50 seconds each. 

1.La Musique
Lyric : KAMIJO / Music : KAMIJO

2.Shadows Fang
Lyric : KAMIJO / Music : HIZAKI

3.Inheritance

4.A Day Without You

5.Lineage
Lyric : KAMIJO / Music : KAMIJO

6.Marionette
Lyric : KAMIJO / Music : TERU & HIZAKI

※Bonus track [Limited Edition]

All Arrange & Produced by Versailles

I do hope these tracks still need to be mastered, as the mixing sounds positively awful. I am liking Lineage, however the rest of the previews sound very alike — it is probably a poor thought that they previewed the choruses.

I think the reason they keep having Hizaki and Kamijo run everything is because it was "their band" from the beginning. But I do think that over time a lot of fans have been wanting more from Teru. I'd have to agree with @Mr.0 even though I love, love Hizaki... Kamijo and Teru provide much more variety in their compositions. Like MUCH more. 

Poor Teru hasn't composed a song since like 2012 iirc. Excluding Jupiter stuff.

Edited by Zalemu

I like track 3, Inheritence  and track 6, Marionette the bestTrack one and two sound like the same song. :huh: Still excited to hear the complete tracks though.

There's some good and some disappointing to be heard in this previews. A solid fifty seconds for each song is virtually unheard of when bands give us ten to fifteen seconds now.

Their self-titled is the bar I judge all their new material off of. This fits somewhere between the best of album and Holy Grail, probably closer to Holy Grail. Listening to these previews really highlights how tired HIZAKI's compositions are. He's great when noodling on his guitar alone for minutes on end but when tasked to make space for a vocalist he recycles the same guitar techniques and motifs. Even if his compositions are aurally different, they all still sound alike. KAMIJO and TERU definitely need to compose more. MASASHI needs to step it up as well since his contributions have been good quality. More diversity is what this band has always needed. I'd kill for a Versailles release where everyone but HIZAKI writes a song.

Songs sound okay. "Inheritance" and "Marionette" get my attention the most but since all previews were the chorus that's not a fair way to judge anything. I'll probably end up liking them all.

So much wasted talent here ... They are very good composers and musicians but why always make the same songs?
They were one of the band I liked the most and now I only listen their disco from The Revenant Choir to Jubilee, every stuff the realeased after that is so somilar ...

Anyways, let's wait the full realease, Marionnette and Lineage sound promising.

I miss Lareine, Sulfuric acid and Hizaki grace project so much :(

I might be in the minority but im loving every song. I just hope they release it worldwide after their Nippon concert since right now the only way to receive the album is to attend their concert.

48 minutes ago, Dudemanguy said:

I also quite enjoyed every track. Hopefully, this will be released in stores right after the concert is over.

Yeah, this is the Versailles i love, power/symphonic metal mixed together. But yeah, im hoping at the very least they release it digitally as much as i would rather buy a physical cd. It sucks too for international fans like me (US) when they do "live only Cd releases" but i have hope they'll sell it eventually.

Well they are on freaking Warner, so it's not like they should be releasing rarez or anything. I'm pretty sure it's just a marketing gimmick to get people to show up at their live, and then right after it's over, it'll get a proper release in retailers.

The tracks sound kind of dull, poppish and similar to one another. I don't sense that magnificence their older songs give off. Mariontte was like the only song that I find has more potential.

Also, the synth is doing a horrible favour to their sound >.<

Inheretance is actually good. They played it during the London concert together with Lineage. I think Lineage was or  will be played in every country for their europe tour.