Sign in to follow this  
Miasma

Do you believe in the paranormal?

this topic makes me sad...

i'm a believer in logic and the capability to use ones brain.

fear of the dark/ presences in the dark:

evolution... dark means higher risk from attaks, means sharper senses+adrenalin, means fear, means tiny movements (imaginative movements) great impact

bonus points for half-sleeping while "seeing things". yeah, thats the state of mind where one is the most rational and objective indeed.

also i have to say, seems to suck being a ghost really, only lurking around dark corridors and bedrooms to scare the crap out of falling asleep / waking up people? ghosts i am dissapoint

I do believe in stuff like that.

Had some really f'ed up stuff going on in our house a few years ago. Stuff flying out of bookshelves, schemes standing next to my bed, some weird breathing behind me at night and also some positive things like a light blue-ish "thing" floating above my head, giving me and a friend (who's also seen it) kind of a good feeling I cannot describe.

Sounds pretty strange, but those things are the reason why I believe in paranormal stuff.

I don't, but sometimes I like to entertain the thought that it's true. Or rather I would like to experience it, that could be interesting. But if I do experience it, I might just think that I probably got a stroke that temporarily distorts my brain functions, and thus my perceptions too.

I don't understand why some people put extra-terrestrials in the same paranormal-category as ghosts and such. Life on earth isn't paranormal, so it's not paranormal on other planets either. It's just normal. But yeah, I'm sure there is life out there. A lot of life.

I don't know about ghosts. I haven't experienced anything like that, so I can't claim they are or are not real. Though, I don't see why they would be real, atleast in the classical sense. They could be some kind of a glitch in time or something, but I don't think there's an actual person there anymore. But what do I know?

Telepathy and phychics are really interesting stuff, and I think it has been proven that atleast in theory, it's possible.

i saw in discovery channel about the haunted railroad crossing in san antonio las vegas. Chuck Nice (the host of the program) turn off the engine of the vehicle and the vehicle went through uphill climbing. he went out of the vehicle, put some powder in the bumper and in the taillight and saw some finger prints. haven't seen ghosts but i believe there are.

kinda in the middle of this. i love paranormal programmes and i watch a whole bunch of them

and i always have moments of: omg did you see that! and then i start to think it over

ive seen some things that scared the shit out of me, like some really strange shadow figures in those series

but for my own experience ive got 2 things

1) everytime i sleep in my own room by myself i have the feeling something/someone is watching me and i dont even dare to open my eyes=p

2) i went to Edinburg in Scotland on a ghost tour and the whole time i had the feeling someone was following me, i watched back a couple of times and i swear i saw a man take a stap back. i though he was gonna scare our group=p but after the tour ended no one had shown up.

that really made me rethink it again=p

Nope.

I'm a firm believer that if you truly believe in such things, then yes, they can "affect" you in the ways that you believe they will; and that its then very real for you.

But in the end it's all in your head, and it will only affect you if you let it.

Why walk in fear or paranoia over something that doesn't exist? Or even worse, believe you have some added super powers at your disposal.

Little learning for everyone:

si2HoscBLIw

ANvHvwBPEMY

Well, I firmly believe that there is life on other planets,because it's obviously impossible that ours is the only planet with life in this infinite universe and as someone already said, I wouldn't put them in the category "paranormal"...

About ghosts/spirits/entities...I really don't know what to think...I like watching those programms in which they show paranormal activities in houses and stuff,but I'm not sure if they are real or not,even if some of the videos showing ghosts and stuff I saw they scared the hell out of me.

I never experienced that kind of stuff you all said in the previous posts,but sometimes I have dejavus and premonitory dreams, though...

I do. I actually had an encounter once. We were at this old prison, which it was also used for other things. It's been a while, so I can't remember what. Well, mind you, I'm an empath or a sensitive to paranormal. I could feel easily that I wasn't alone there. I went into this cell called the dark cell and had this overwhelming feeling that I wasn't the only one in that cell. I went back to the gift shop and discovered a book on paranormal encounters. It turns out there is this girl that likes to poke at people or whatever if they were red in that cell I was in. Funny story? I was actually going to wear a red shirt that day. It maybe coincidence to some... but I believe all this to be paranormal-related.

Anyway, I've also had another encounter where I was sleeping on the couch one night. I opened my eyes, and I could somewhat see a figure standing over me. He had a flannel shirt and jeans on. At the time, I had no idea who this was. It wasn't until later that it donned on me. The person I saw was my Uncle Larry, my dad's brother, standing over me that past night. I had seen a picture of him with my dad that my mom has a dozen times. My dad said that he had passed away when I was still really young.

Also, I'm not sure if this counts but... I can sometimes sense my grandfather. He's a guardian angel up in heaven... my guardian angel. He protects me and my mom. He's also always looking out for me. I can sometimes sense him when I'm nervous or really scared about things. I'm not religious, mind you, but I do believe in angels. I grew up having my mom telling me he was my guardian angel. In fact, before he died, my mom said that his last words were actually to me and about me. So, he really cared for me deeply. It's no surprise to know that he's up there looking out for me whenever he can.

Experiences aside, I've always believed to be an empath or sensitive. I can sense things. I can sense the emotions of people close to me. Hell, at one time, I could even sense what was in Takeru's heart. Believe what you want, but I do have this ability. I've always had a way of connecting with others an a huge emotional level. That's one reason why I often get easily attached to people emotionally. I get attached to certain objects that remind me of those people in the exact same sense. Hence why I'm so attached to my blanket that reminds me of Takeru. So yeah...

Ive had two encounters, Neither one was a negative experience unless you count the first time which was when i was about 12 or 13 and had me absolutely shitting bricks. 

Was out doin the paper round in a light thunder storm early one morning - we're talking anywhere between 9-11am. Had to do these block of flats now normally the places that i deliver to can be fairly 'busy' with the usual hustle and bustle of daily life - people listening to the radio or watching tv, kids crying, screaming or generally just being loud. This time i entered the place I completely felt like I had stepped into some sort of different dimension. There was just some overwhelming heavy aura surround this place and i almost felt like i was being suffocated by it, There was no sound whatsoever. I couldnt hear any of the people going about their usual business before work or school etc etc.  I had my doubts but i shrugged it off and carried on. but as i worked through the floors all the hairs on the back of my neck were standing up and i just felt extremely cold even though it was a mix of sunshine & light thunderstorm going on outside (london's weather is pretty weird) I shrugged the feeling off again, but as i worked my way up the floors I started to feel that i was being watched or followed. Started looking over my shoulder just incase it was one of the local residents there playing games but again, Nobody was there. The further i progressed up the different levels the worser things got, I didnt just feel cold and felt like i was being watched/followed but I was starting to hear things too like foot steps or breathing close by that would stop when i stopped walking to get a better idea of what was going on. This happened a few times before I just completely lost my nerve and ran out of the place. The guy who i partnered up with said i looked like a sheet of paper - I had the chinese scared out of me. lol

There was no other way to describe what i experienced, One sound that stood out the most apart from the breathing and sound of someone walking close behind me was this eerie dead silence, Its like when you hear voices in your head or someone speaking in your ear but then you turn around and nobodys there. Theres something 'unique' about this silence, It felt more like a signature or a calling card of some sort.  It was so terrifying that I had to have music on while falling asleep for a few weeks. If i hear the same silence again, I will mentally break.

The second encounter was while i was on holiday in portugal - we took an excursion to the algarve and had to stay in a hotel for the night as it was right across the other side of the island from the hotel we were staying at. im probably around 18-20 at this stage and I havent had a single encounter since the paper round thing.

During the night I heard the sound of running water, but it didnt sound like 'running' water - It sounded like somebody was having a shower. I was in some sort of half asleep stupor when youre just on the border of a deep sleep but your sensory functions are still active - you can see and probably hear things but your brain cant process them.

Heard the water running water, thought it was my sister taking a leak or left the water running by accident, I tried to get up to go and turn the water off but I physically couldnt move my body at all below my neck, I did manage to lift my head though and at that moment some woman walked out with a bath towel wrapped around her body and her hair rolled up in a towel. I didnt manage to see her face at all. After that i just felt my head drop back onto the pillow and i was out cold.

The following morning i asked if my dad or my sister had heard anything during the night as we all shared a big room. My dad did hear running water, but he thought it was my sister just going to the toilet, when i questioned my sister she said she never got out of bed to go toilet in the middle of the night.

When i explained to my dad that i saw some woman walk out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around herself he didnt believe me, but I sure as hell knew what i saw.

----

Ive not had another experience or encounter to date so far, Maybe as i got older i lost the empath in me. Either that or my 'guardian angel' or 'gate keeper' (who is definitely female) has been doing a great job at looking after me even though I havent been able to sense her presence around me for a long time now

Hmmm. I'm always so torn with this. I want to say that I don't believe in it, but there have been certain happenings that cause a spark in my curiosity and judgement. 

When I was growing up, we lived in the house that my grandmother died in. My grandmother died of pancreatic cancer when I was 8 years old, but up until that age she was basically the one to raise me. I remember going to that house to visit her and each time she was significantly worse. I think the time she found out she had cancer to the point where she passed away was only about a 3 week period. We moved in to this house when I was 11 years old. I didn't notice anything right away, but when I was 13 really odd things started happening. Our kitchen was set up with two light switches, one on either side so you could flip on the light from one side and turn it off  on the other. I remember, often around 11pm I'd go to get a drink and turn the switch on, almost immediately the light would shut off, so i'd switch it again and it'd turn on. This happened to me about 4 times the entire time I lived there and a few times it happened to my mother as well. However that could have easily been a wiring issue. Wiring issues are also connected to feeling the presence of someone, or the hairs on your neck standing up. So I usually pass those off. 

Another time when I was in bed I started to hear an odd sound, kind of like really loud water droplets falling in to an already filled sink... but with a really prominent echo. That was odd to me because even in the bathroom it didn't echo in such a way and I was significantly far from the bathroom. In that moment i got really cold and saw a quick flash of light. I tried to research it later and only came up with an explanation stating that sounds and colors can sometimes represent past energy that was left behind or a memory of some sort. but that doesn't seem right at all. 

I've had a few other encounters with waking up to someone clearly calling my name but no one being home. It was only ever in that house. Since we have moved i have never experienced anything. 

haven't had any supernatural encounters before, but i have been abducted (multiple times) when i was younger by what i believe are aliens. i've done the research and the skeptic side just doesn't add up to what i've seen personally. 

as for ghosts, cryptids, etc, i'm open-minded but i haven't had any experiences with them. fun to read about though and a big hobby of mine. if you're interested in this kind of thing, i really suggest the podcast "mysterious universe" - they're open minded but they don't tolerate quacks. perfect balance of skepticism and belief. good stuff.

haven't had any supernatural encounters before, but i have been abducted (multiple times) when i was younger by what i believe are aliens.

Son... Its disrespectful to call your mum or dad an alien even when their marriage breaks up and one of them ends up trying to sneak you across the border of a foreign country telling you that mommy or daddy will come and join you for the 'holiday' later on.

Son... Its disrespectful to call your mum or dad an alien even when their marriage breaks up and one of them ends up trying to sneak you across the border of a foreign country telling you that mommy or daddy will come and join you for the 'holiday' later on.

YOU DON'T KNOW MY LIFE

i love the idea of ghosts/spirits even if its not really plausible; its just comforting somehow. 

As reported on MUFON:

It was around 2:00 AM on July, 19 2013. I was asleep when the power in our house went out. My partner came downstairs to grab candles and flashlights when he and I noticed something outside one of our windows. It had three lights all in a row with a yellow/white tint. By the time we had a good look of it, it bolted off to the right, heading down towards Memorial Parkway. We decided to get in my car and follow it. As we were driving down the road, all the street lights were off and debris from street lights were present all over the road. It was pitch dark and was hard to see. Eventually, we had to turn around as three large trees were down, covering the whole road making it impossible to search further. As we turned around we were stopped by a police officer (who was following us down the road). He had no answers but asked if we saw anything. Without sounding too suspicious, my partner said he saw weird lights when the power went out. We drove home and eventually police cars, fire trucks and and power trucks were investigating the area. Ive done some research today looking for more answers or if anyone else witnessed what I saw earlier this morning but I havent found anything.

Ghosts - No

spirits - No

entities - No

possessions - lol No

extra-terrestrials - Not in the form that Hollywood portrays. Any "life" we find on other planets won't be in the form of people with space ships; but bacteria forming in oceans and the like

cryptids - No

ESP - No

clairvoyance - No

telepathy - No

psychics - No

Lots of fun tall tales; but that's really it.

If you see a ghost and you are sure

There is always someone who would say how do you know it's not from your brain like a hallucination.and how do you know people that see hallucinations ,aren't the only ones who can see to another dimension. Whatever you experience there is always the logical explanation. So I think is a matter only of personal faith. I don't know what to believe

I tend to explain it logically but also believe because is fun.so both i believe and not.

When you have a paranormal experience ,even if it's imaginary sometimes it seems incredibly real to you. It's difficult to use logic

I actually had more than a few terrifying experiences, when i lived in my hometown, our house was just beside the cemetery, like, a 5-10 minute walk, and there you go, so around age 3-4 i started to see things, shapes, shadows, whispering, all kinds of things, which i could not connect together with me being my 4 year old self, so eventually i began to talk to those shapes and shadows, and sometimes waking up screaming and sweating and crying, but i kinda never told anyone, after they threatened me, with going to a psychiatric facility, soo.... and then around 14-13 i began to "lucid dreaming" but i never really wanted it, like nowadays people try it just for fun, for me, it kinda just happened, so for 3 years i barely slept at night, when i slept i began to see and hear horrible things, waking up to just finding myself in another dream, it was hard to breathe, it hurt, and i mean physically hurt, sometimes i had some scratches, which, i don't know if i or not caused it, and it was all so vivid...

so yeah i believe, and i had experiences with it, but gladly they faded away with the years..

When I was in middle school, I went on a 2-night camping trip in the woods. It was a group of around 100 students. The place where we ate and did activities was at the top of a hill, and our cabins were about 400m down the hill. On the first night, we had finished the day's activities and I was heading down the hill to get back to the cabin. It was pretty dark and there were a lot of trees, so I was rather scared. I thought about waiting for another group and walking with them, but it wasn't that far so I decided to walk back myself. I walked a few steps forward and saw a black mass walk across the path from left to right. It looked like Bigfoot, but it was so dark that I couldn't make out any features. Needless to say, I went back up the hill and waited for other people to head down and went with them back to the cabins. I didn't tell anyone about it, but I wonder if anyone else saw anything. It has been several years but I still remember the feeling of fear that overcame me when I saw the figure. I wonder if it was a hallucination, but I have never hallucinated before.

So yeah, I believe that there are things out there that we don't know about yet. I don't know for a fact what is real and what is not, but I am open to the possibility of their existence.

Sign in to follow this