CAT5

MH's Disappointments of 2015 (WARNING: 'SHADE' AHEAD!)

MH's Disappointments: Worst of 2015

D03pqX1.jpg

Welcome to the ORZ spitroast where the only flavor is salty:

• far east dizain
  • lycaon disbanding and nearly breaking the forum
  • DIM 2.0 didn't happen
  • Femme Fatale's name was too accurate
  • Yohio/Disreign did Gazette better than Gazette
  • R.I.P. art kei (Moran, yazzmad, etc. disbanding) 
  • mejibray's entire 2015 career Just Eiki... er.. Paradigm Paradox
  • DECAYS' "secret mode" probably should have stayed a secret
  • D's one-man venues keep getting smaller and smaller. By March, they'll be curb-side next to Maria Cross
  • kisaki breaks another body part. fans ask for hospital records
  • Another year, another one of Tenten's bands goes on hiatus...
  • That one time Matenrou Opera tried and failed to rock body paint like Rihanna
  • the best song released this year by nocturnal bloodlust was a cover of a taylor swift song
  • Deathgaze breaking up and Tanuki's reaction was essentially "Just listen to Static-x"
  • toe only being really good
  • Haisuinonasa-induced blue balls
  • ling tosite sigure's EP
  • chouchou merged syrups. somehow being mind-numbingly marginal
  • nestle x gackt collab announced next year
  • DOAK happened
  • How hard DuelJewel tried this year
  • Kamelot released an album, which means a new Matenrou Opera album will soon follow
  • DEVIL KITTY's mini-album
  • calmando qual retired for duty
  • Shiina Ringo thought using autotune was a good idea
  • YUKI's PV for 'Sukitte Nandarou' looking like a trippy interpretation of BEYONCE's 'single ladies' and sounding even worse
  • A.L.B.U.M.S -With Titles Like This-
  • AKB48's "Halloween Night" was truly nightmare inducing
  • the core of Jupiter broke apart this year. hizaki and teru promise to keep the music just as boring as before
What were your disappointing moments of the year?

• lycaon disbanding and nearly breaking the forum
  • DIM 2.0 didn't happen
  • Femme Fatale's name was too accurate
  • R.I.P. art kei (Moran, yazzmad, etc. disbanding) 
  • mejibray's entire 2015 career Just Eiki... er.. Paradigm Paradox
  • kisaki breaks another body part. fans ask for hospital records
  • AKB48's "Halloween Night" was truly nightmare inducing

tumblr_inline_nlsb3leHkP1s1ujya_1280.jpg

can i also add that MiA's uggs were the worst of 2015? i don't care if they're by Chrome Hearts, they still ugly

I agree with the majority of this list, except for Devil Kitty's minialbum being a disappointment. 

I loved that minialbum -shrugs- lol But ya, DOAK was such a letdown. Like why did they form lol.

far east dizain

Such a awful band, Leda and Sujk are wasting their skills with that thing.

R.I.P. art kei (Moran...)

Crying rivers of art

tumblr_mxtda2a5vW1rruknyo1_400.gif

DECAYS' "secret mode" probably should have stayed a secret

I liked it :3

Another year, another one of Tenten's bands goes on hiatus...

Don't play with my feelings CAT, please.

tumblr_nfm7z37L341texu84o1_500.gif

the best song released this year by nocturnal bloodlust was a cover of a taylor swift song

But, but their best was 銃創 ...

tumblr_nzzkq9ZmXw1rwpswso1_500.jpg

DOAK happened

X'D

Shiina Ringo thought using autotune was a good idea

now sit goddamn down, you know that that single was one of the best of the year and one of the best in her recent catalogue!!

CAT5, on 26 Dec 2015 - 9:35 PM, said:

nestle x gackt collab announced next year

True though, bigger disappointment is that he hasn't been blacklisted by the industry like most musicians in his situation have been. Crazy double standards. Minami Minegeshi just had a boyfriend and had to publicly apologise and shave her head.

also

• Valentine d.c.'s comeback single being only ok
  • Red Sun calling it quits
  • charisma.com falling further and further into the void of no1curr
  • namie amuro having the closest thing to a worldwide breakthrough and falling short
  • ken hirai nudes not leaking
  • tamurapan missing presumed irrelevant
  • everything Asagi put his mind to this year
  • emiri oota not giving us the 1998 bjork album we know she could do and deserve
  • moran
  • seiko oomori dropping a baby but not a good album lead single
  • passepied giving the best electropop song of the year. PASSEPIED.
  • mowmow lulugyaban giving the best rock song of the year. MOWMOW.

daoko majoring was another one I forgot about, including Ayumi and Namie's inputs throughout this year. My god we could've said plenty about madam Ayumi. Also, moumoon's 'cocoon' PV is the worst change of music style of this year for sure to me.

I almost forgot - besides art-kei almost coming to an end, you know what was disappointing? having both Itsue and Uchuu Conbini break up this year. that was a big blow.

me-al art also going on hiatus (not like they release much anyway)

• DIM 2.0 didn't happen

This. I was so hyped with OMINOUS but with the exception of the title track the album didn't deliver. I didn't hate it but it would have been so nice if they had kept the atmosphere of those two tracks for the rest of the album.

10/10, would LOL again.

• toe only being really good

Bwahahaha, so true. It's amazing how disappointing that album felt despite still being better than most of what I listened to in 2015.

• Haisuinonasa-induced blue balls

Yep, that single was such a tease. Like "Hey guys, we still exist! Here's a single to wet your appetite for our new album that's coming out NEVER!"

• ling tosite sigure's EP

This is the real disappointment of 2015 for me. The fact that the whole "Inspiration is DEAD" joke is so appropriate is both hilarious and depressing at the same time. I have to admit that I've become extremely ambivalent towards this band as of late.

• Another year, another one of Tenten's bands goes on hiatus...

My whole year summed up.

cats posted the shadiest post of 2015 before me FUCK

RIP art kei takes the cake,

also the shitfest that was far east dizain, mejibray, dead children, sukekiyo and DOAK

y'all know what was fucking tragic though????all the ass bandomen clothing lines. leave ur ugly bangya apparel in 2015 bebz thanks!

• nestle x gackt collab announced next year

did I miss something?

are they officially supplying water 4 his off-shore money laundering, or what?...

rip femme fatale (will be missed), rip kisaki (do it, henny)

looking forward to DOAK losing 3/4 members next spring-ish and getting better bandmen and a decent record label (just reform as ERIZA/ エリザ / ērízā idk)

「 good one 」

• D's one-man venues keep getting smaller and smaller. By March, they'll be curb-side next to Maria Cross

This saddens me the most tbh.

(before you start calling me an hater, let me remind you that I own every albums and EPs ok). I love D and their music, and I'm sad to see this plunge, which I understand, and sometimes not.

Their comeback is for me the most frustrating moment of the year. They left with KINGDOM, which was a fabulous album (probably one of my most listened album of 2015), and after a long wait, they come back with 2 low-quality singles and an awful concept already done by them?? I don't understand. They've got a fabulous and unique voice, skilled musicians, they know how to write tunes, and they come back with this kind of songs? (oh I know, it's light and happy, we need to open our mind etc but we are talking about D, not a rookie band). Are they trying to appeal the new young vk public? I thought nonetheless they were doing good, according to the massive crowd from their latest live DVD?? Well, I guess it's like everything. The more you release bad stuff, the more the fans are leaving the boat.

Even if I enjoyed both singles, in a whole it's totally disappointing. Where is D's savoir faire? I missed that. I don't care if they are surfing on the vampire kitsch / King & Queen stuff, at least it was good quality.

tl;dr: the frustration is real.

Wake up ffs!!

A lot of faves ransacked: Moran, Lycaon, Rono Cro, Rin. In the light of this it's still a small comfort that mejibray, avelcain and kiryu persist since in visual kei you're never sure whether yours is the next one to go. 

Completely antipathetic towards everything Gazette which would have been inconceivable for me to think about earlier in the year. My take on it at the moment of writing is that while they took a step in the right direction, they've exhausted whatever spark there was left and the band as a whole is beyond saving at this point no matter what they do. It could also be that I've changed myself and their heavily suspect post 2006 material I'm only fond of for nostalgic reasons, who knows!  This while certainly not a comprehensive analysis of anything and I have no pretensions of it being so, is alas what I intuitively feel and watching them go at it now is like watching middle aged men do young people things, which in turn reminds me of aching backs, low testosterone, mortgages, kids at home... Things are in fact so dire that I'm almost in agreement with the Disreign comment above. 

Some bands I started following with completely unfounded optimism turned out to be absolutely blunders arlequin, black swan, dada roma and surely a few others that I forget. I'll keep checking out their stuff as a visual kei fan contractual obligation but I'm not holding my breath. 

• far east dizain

Cry My Name From The Light was pretty awesome but the rest of the album... so average. A couple of decent tracks but I'll agree this was a big disappointment this year.

• Yohio/Disreign did Gazette better than Gazette

Only because, like Mediena, they just took the Filth in the beauty breakdown and used it as a main riff XD But seriously, I don't get all the Yohio hate, he has a good voice and Disreign did a fantastic job both musically and visually of proving VK can work outside Japan too.

• the best song released this year by nocturnal bloodlust was a cover of a taylor swift song

Bro are you for real? Juusou also came out this year and it's pretty much their best song ever. Got to disagree here.

Sorry, but it's the perfect time for it XD

These are some 2015 phrases that are really disappointing :v

*is my opinion, don't kill me!*

138JecS.png

Well, let's see if Versailles comes up with something great this year.

I almost forgot - besides art-kei almost coming to an end, you know what was disappointing? having both Itsue and Uchuu Conbini break up this year. that was a big blow.

Ugh, don't remind me -___-