SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

no switch, but life, uh, finds a way...

Spoiler

IMG-20200325-214207.jpg

It's running at about 10~15 fps w/ graphical glitches atm (ryujinx), but I expect it to be playable within a month-or-so.

-

Recently bought a GTX 1080 for my eGPU enclosure. Finally justifies playing FFXV Windows Edition, but I feel like I'm re-learning the game again b/c I beat it (w/ some additional sidequests) 2~ish weeks after launch and haven't touched the game since.

Edited by colorful人生

Just picked up Octopath Traveler so I'll be playing that a lot when not on ACNH. It's been on my list of Switch games I want and it's currently going for 50% off until April 2nd so I thought why not? From what I've played so far, it's really good! I chose Cyrus as my first traveler.

I started playing all kind of the game lately, flash games, PC games, VR games, etc. Due to this COVID-19 outbreak and quarantine I spend all day at home and I play Little Alchemy 2, Tank Trouble 2, DOta, Call of Duty, etc.

Dunno if VN count but I've managed to read up to Higurashi When They Cry: Minagoroshi these past months. Amazing series really, the best psychological horror experience I've ever had. Every chapter has been great so far (chapter 6 was a little weak though) and I'm excited for what the grand finale will bring!

Other than that, been playing some Smash Bros., Guilty Gear (XRD and Accent Core), and Jojo modded M.U.G.E.N. too.

5 minutes ago, Total Saikou said:

Guilty Gear (XRD and Accent Core)

Nice! I used to have a GIF of Bridget's in-game model as my profile pic here for ages.

33 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Nice! I used to have a GIF of Bridget's in-game model as my profile pic here for ages.

He really is GG's best waifu, I swear. Low-key hoping that he'll be back in StrIVe since my main has been booted out and I need a new one but one can only hope.

20 hours ago, Total Saikou said:

Other than that, been playing some Smash Bros., Guilty Gear (XRD and Accent Core), and Jojo modded M.U.G.E.N. too.

Neat! Which Smash Bros were you playing? Been a huge fan of the game ever since Melee.

Tales of Vesperia and Mario Odyssey - both super addicting and fun

2 minutes ago, monkeybanana4 said:

Neat! Which Smash Bros were you playing? Been a huge fan of the game ever since Melee.

Ultimate! I'm so glad that everyone came back. Sometimes I play Smash 4 on my old 3DS and I used to play the 64 version a lot on an emulator. 

6 minutes ago, Total Saikou said:

Ultimate! I'm so glad that everyone came back. Sometimes I play Smash 4 on my old 3DS and I used to play the 64 version a lot on an emulator. 

Nice, same here. It's a great series. How do you like Ultimate? I love the wide selection of stages and characters. It's amazing how far Smash has come ever since its 64 days. Haha, I played a lot of Melee on the GC.

2 minutes ago, monkeybanana4 said:

Nice, same here. It's a great series. How do you like Ultimate? I love the wide selection of stages and characters. It's amazing how far Smash has come ever since its 64 days. Haha, I played a lot of Melee on the GC.

It's probably my favorite Smash entry to date. I grew up with Brawl and I personally have an attachment to it, but the series really does get better over time. You're totally spot on about the growth thing; I wonder what the series will be like in the next decade or so? Probably too big and flashy for the imagination lol. The huge amount of stages and characters are definitely a big appeal point. I mostly play a mix of Bayonetta, Cloud, and Corrin. My old main back in Smash 4 used to be Toon Link, I had a half decent win streak with him but after I went through a really bad online losing streak I gave him up. What's your main? Do you have one, or do you drift around like I do? 

My favorite thing to do in Ultimate is to make dumb stages and try to not get eviscerated on them.  I also play "real fighting games" (Street Fighter, KOF, GG) but they don't have anything to do that's nearly as fun as Ultimate. Playing with items on a dumb stage like Hannenbow beats practicing tech any day of the week! Even if I do find tech practice personally fulfilling. 

10 minutes ago, Total Saikou said:

It's probably my favorite Smash entry to date. I grew up with Brawl and I personally have an attachment to it, but the series really does get better over time. You're totally spot on about the growth thing; I wonder what the series will be like in the next decade or so? Probably too big and flashy for the imagination lol. The huge amount of stages and characters are definitely a big appeal point. I mostly play a mix of Bayonetta, Cloud, and Corrin. My old main back in Smash 4 used to be Toon Link, I had a half decent win streak with him but after I went through a really bad online losing streak I gave him up. What's your main? Do you have one, or do you drift around like I do? 

My favorite thing to do in Ultimate is to make dumb stages and try to not get eviscerated on them.  I also play "real fighting games" (Street Fighter, KOF, GG) but they don't have anything to do that's nearly as fun as Ultimate. Playing with items on a dumb stage like Hannenbow beats practicing tech any day of the week! Even if I do find tech practice personally fulfilling. 

I would love to see what ideas Sakurai will have for the next installment of Smash (if there is one). Ever since Melee, I've tended to main as Marth simply because he held a sword and was fast (not that I was any good compared to some better players, lol). But with a huge selection of characters in Ultimate, I love playing with a lot of the characters, although I guess I tend to rotate between Link, Shulk, Peach, and Pikachu. So, pretty much a drifter as well, haha :P Although, I've tried out Bayonetta and she seems like a super fun character to use in battle! Same with Cloud and Corrin. How did you feel about the latest DLC character, Byleth?

Haha, I know what you mean. Creating absolute, insane stages where it's almost impossible to fight, let alone walk around in XD I think that's what I love about the Smash series. The items are crazy and fun to abuse and the stages gimmicks are absolutely great to screw around with friends; you can customize how you want to have fun whether that's being super big on screen or super tiny and metal at the same time. The options of having fun are endless. I also love spending time in training mode and experimenting with any of the given options available (like speed, items, health percentages, etc.). Have you ever tried the 4 (or more) players stages? I think it can get a bit chaotic especially on the smaller stages when there's so much happening at once on the screen, lol. Speaking of stages, do you have any favorites you like to play on?

3 minutes ago, monkeybanana4 said:

I would love to see what ideas Sakurai will have for the next installment of Smash (if there is one). Ever since Melee, I've tended to main as Marth simply because he held a sword and was fast (not that I was any good compared to some better players, lol). But with a huge selection of characters in Ultimate, I love playing with a lot of the characters, although I guess I tend to rotate between Link, Shulk, Peach, and Pikachu. So, pretty much a drifter as well, haha :P Although, I've tried out Bayonetta and she seems like a super fun character to use in battle! Same with Cloud and Corrin. How did you feel about the latest DLC character, Byleth?

Haha, I know what you mean. Creating absolute, insane stages where it's almost impossible to fight, let alone walk around in XD I think that's what I love about the Smash series. The items are crazy and fun to abuse and the stages gimmicks are absolutely great to screw around with friends; you can customize how you want to have fun whether that's being super big on screen or super tiny and metal at the same time. The options of having fun are endless. I also love spending time in training mode and experimenting with any of the given options available (like speed, items, health percentages, etc.). Have you ever tried the 4 (or more) players stages? I think it can get a bit chaotic especially on the smaller stages when there's so much happening at once on the screen, lol. Speaking of stages, do you have any favorites you like to play on?

Yeah, Smash has always been in a precarious situation. I remember when everyone said that Smash 4 would be the last one... Marth is a good choice for a main! He's always been pretty consistent. As for Byleth, I wasn't particularly interested in her because I'm not a Fire Emblem fan (actually tired to get into the game and wasn't big on the gameplay tbh) and we have so much FE rep already. That being said, I'm not upset or anything about her addition, she seems to have a cool gimmick for her moveset so she's not just another sword wielder. 

Aw man, 8 player smash is wild. Yeah, sometimes I play on The Great Cave Offensive (love that stage as a huge Kirby fan) and Palutena's Temple with 8 other people. Usually just CPUs because I'm lacking in pals but one time I was at a friend's house and we managed to make it 4 people versus 4 Amiibos. It wasn't too chaotic until we got switched to Smashville and had no clue what tf was going on or who was winning. It was fun yelling at the screen confusedly as everyone went flying in all directions... Good times. My favorite stages are Hanenbow, Halberd, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams and Dracula's Castle. How about you?

10 hours ago, Total Saikou said:

Aw man, 8 player smash is wild. Yeah, sometimes I play on The Great Cave Offensive (love that stage as a huge Kirby fan) and Palutena's Temple with 8 other people. Usually just CPUs because I'm lacking in pals but one time I was at a friend's house and we managed to make it 4 people versus 4 Amiibos. It wasn't too chaotic until we got switched to Smashville and had no clue what tf was going on or who was winning. It was fun yelling at the screen confusedly as everyone went flying in all directions... Good times. My favorite stages are Hanenbow, Halberd, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams and Dracula's Castle. How about you?

Haha, that's good to hear! I remember fighting on Yoshi's Island(?) and it was equally chaotic, completely losing track of who I was using or where my character was. Still fun nonetheless. Love Pokemon Stadium and Fountain of Dreams as well! I also like the Wario stages (Gamer and WarioWare), Big Blue, and Mario Galaxy. Oh, and if you're ever looking to play Smash, I'd love to play with you sometime! 

I finished the Resident Evil 3 remake a few days ago and now have been playing the FFVII Remake! RE3 was disappointingly short, clocking in about 6 hours, but it's still pretty great if you're a fan. Just not exactly the remake it deserved. FFVII, on the other hand, by far exceeded mine, and most likely everyone's, expectations and the delay was well worth the wait. They sure packed a lot into this game. Everything that occurred in the original now takes maybe 5-10 times longer. I'm about 7 hours in, but am only about to leave the slums for the next bombing mission. The characters are much more fleshed out and the cutscenes add well to the story. I'm getting a much better grasp of the story and of everyone. I'm feeling impatient to get Aerith though because that's all I'm really here for lol (aside from Cloud ofc). But soon enough! Also, while I do prefer Japanese voices I think I like Barret's english voice better. He just sounds more serious and cool?

Edited by plastic_rainbow

Just got Beat Hazard and it's fun as hell! I haven't played twin stick shooter games in a while so it was a huge nostalgia blast. Playing with all the Piko-piko stuff I have backed up makes me feel like I'm living in the future. Also makes Kote stuff feel like 10x more melodramatic than it already is, a feat only accomplishable by having to desperately dodge a bunch of rockets that fire giant lasers at you while you listen.

I also bought Beat Hazard 2  and I nearly had a heart attack when I played with ナショナリズム by ∀NTI FEMINISM. When that guitar solo hit, shit got so real. I'm still jittery from all the strobe effects and ship barrages! 

Edited by Total Saikou

I got the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy on sale. Three games for less than £20 ain't bad! I've never actually played a proper Crash platform game, only Crash Team Racing (which was fucking lit btw).

Also, because I'm a cheapo I've made a point to only buy Switch games on sale lol.

21 hours ago, Gesu said:

I got the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy on sale. Three games for less than £20 ain't bad! I've never actually played a proper Crash platform game, only Crash Team Racing (which was fucking lit btw).

Also, because I'm a cheapo I've made a point to only buy Switch games on sale lol.

How are you finding it? My personal favourite is two, Warped is really good but it suffers from trying to do too much

53 minutes ago, Manabu said:

How are you finding it? My personal favourite is two, Warped is really good but it suffers from trying to do too much

I'm only on the first game at the moment and idk how similar the remake is to the original but good lord, is it difficult. Seriously, whoever said Dark Souls was the hardest game in existence clearly never played Crash 😮 it's a lot of fun but it really tests what little patience I have!

39 minutes ago, Gesu said:

I'm only on the first game at the moment and idk how similar the remake is to the original but good lord, is it difficult. Seriously, whoever said Dark Souls was the hardest game in existence clearly never played Crash 😮 it's a lot of fun but it really tests what little patience I have!

Haha it's fairly similar aside from Crash's jumps being a bit different as well as the original on PS1 only letting you save if you completed the hard as nails bonus stages or after specific stages, two is a more fair but challenging experience