SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

On 1/18/2019 at 12:50 PM, RaeDesu said:

Currently I'm playing: 

Persona 5

My Hero Academia: My Hero One's Justice

Overwatch

And a game I WANT to play is Tales of Vesperia. I'll be buying it as soon as I can. 

Persona 5 was so damn good, my favorite jrpg from the last gen of consoles by far.  Do you like it so far?

I'm clearing out my backlog, then I'm jumping into Vesperia too! Never got around to playing it on 360, I've heard it's one of the best tales games overall. Also, going to try playing with someone else for the first time. 

1 minute ago, PIZAZ said:

Persona 5 was so damn good, my favorite jrpg from the last gen of consoles by far.  Do you like it so far?

I'm clearing out my backlog, then I'm jumping into Vesperia too! Never got around to playing it on 360, I've heard it's one of the best tales games overall. Also, going to try playing with someone else for the first time. 

I actually love Persona5! I want to date everyone hahah (Including Yusuke, he is my best boyfriend. He just doesn't know it.) 

I've played other Tales of Games before (Graces is my favorite), so I'm excited to play Vesperia, since I never had the system for it when it first came out.

1 hour ago, RaeDesu said:

I actually love Persona5! I want to date everyone hahah (Including Yusuke, he is my best boyfriend. He just doesn't know it.) 

I've played other Tales of Games before (Graces is my favorite), so I'm excited to play Vesperia, since I never had the system for it when it first came out.

I was reading online comments that the developers (Atlus) should have made Yusuke a dateable character in the game XD

Anyways, Persona 5 is a really great game! Love the updated improvements they made for it. And the art is fabulous.

Edited by monkeybanana4

54 minutes ago, monkeybanana4 said:

I was reading online comments that the developers (Atlus) should have made Yusuke a dateable character in the game XD

Anyways, Persona 5 is a really great game! Love the updated improvements they made for it. And the art is fabulous.

I read several reviews and such by men who are mad that you couldn't date Yusuke lmao. But yessss, I'm stuck right now in Futaba's castle but I love the game so far.

20 minutes ago, RaeDesu said:

I read several reviews and such by men who are mad that you couldn't date Yusuke lmao. But yessss, I'm stuck right now in Futaba's castle but I love the game so far.

Oh, I loved Futaba's palace! The atmosphere of her palace is mixed together with an ancient Egyptian and modern technology theme, but it is done so well. (Apparently, the QR codes in the palace lead to some secret P5 shop. Not sure if it still works, lol.)

Whaaaa, I had no idea about the QR codes! Futaba's palace was my favorite dungeon too, so you think I would have noticed or heard something before now lol.

Any ideas on what Persona 5 R is going to be? I'm assuming just an enhanced rerelease like Golden, but I kind of love the ridiculous ideas people are throwing out, like it being a racing game.

22 minutes ago, PIZAZ said:

Whaaaa, I had no idea about the QR codes! Futaba's palace was my favorite dungeon too, so you think I would have noticed or heard something before now lol.

Any ideas on what Persona 5 R is going to be? I'm assuming just an enhanced rerelease like Golden, but I kind of love the ridiculous ideas people are throwing out, like it being a racing game.

Oh man, I HOPE it's a racing game lmao! I really want to play the dancing all night games, they seem super fun! I just haven't had a chance to get my hands on a copy, yet. I'm so behind all of my friends, they've all beaten p5 and I'm stuck in a certain area of Futaba's castle lmaoooo~

beated megaten 4~ unfortunately i fucked up my alignment and ended with a chaos route but i think i'll try again later.

now playing 7th dragon iii code vfd. wanted to play a 7th dragon game for ages mostly because of shirow miwa's character designs. so far it seem fine, typical rpg.

I can't put down Resident Evil 2: remake. It's so fucking fabulous, I feel like a young teen again. I played the original RE2 to death, and it was definitely my favourite of the series. The remake is really up there. My only complaint is that I wish certain segments were longer. It felt like they may have been a bit rushed to complete the last act or so of the game. That said, I'm still having so much fun playing it. Finished Leon A on Hardcore, working on Claire B also on Hardcore now. Hardcore ain't a joke, that's for sure!

Installed Just Cause 3 again and learned it didn't have steam cloud saves. So, all my old saves were gone... Well, it's been a long time since I've played this game so might as well start from the beginning again. The story's kinda boring but exploring and flying around the huge map and just destroying and blowing everything up is so much fun.

Yikes I'm back on the league of legends shit, still mostly playing overwatch and pubg as usual. Also somewhat excited about the new respawn game, apex legends, I know its yet again another br but honestly so far only pubg I've enjoyed so hopefully this is a solid one as well

Recently been replaying Rayman Origins on PC together with my gf, it's still probably in my personal top 10 best platformers ever. Only real negative I can think of atm is the fact that that one outright game-breaking bug that can fuck up your save at any point has apparently still not been fixed after more than five years

I've bought both Darksiders games in the steam sale last summer and last weekend I finally decided it is time to start playing ... and goddammit, I love it. Already beat the half of the first game (the normal version tho, I'll play the warmastered version later I guess) and it's by far one of the most awesome games I've played so far.

Ended up finally buying a SNES controller for the PC which means emulation galore. Currently rotating between Umihara Kawase  and Kirby's Dreamland 3. Both are uber relaxing w/ cute visuals and not huge time investments. I'm really tempted to start Super Mario RPG since I personally haven't played it, but watched people play it as a small child.

God of War. Good lord, WHAT A GAME.

I was a bit skeptical cuz I always found the combat on the previous ones a bit repetitive/boring and somewhat weak on the story side, with a lot of wanker fanservice inbetween. They transformed the shallow Kratos into a person tormented by his past, who is not able to connect with his son the way he wants and should, with much more depth than he appears to have/should be, all while tearing monsters apart with his bare hands. Game is gorgeous, Atreus is a hell of a kid, full of character, combat is fluid, I haven't found anything to complain yet.

Also got into a few rounds of Apex Legends, won my first one and got stomped all the others. Sounds like a fun game, tho.

Skipped all my classes today just so I could play God Eater 3 the whole day lol. No regrets, I'm enjoying it a lot. It looks beautiful and feels great. I do still kinda miss the whole predator style system that was in god eater resurrection, but at least they've added the air devour back. I missed that thing so much in god eater 2.

Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

After thirteen years since the last titled game, KH3 finally gets released. So far I'm loving the game and can't help but be amazed at the pretty graphics. Combat is fun and music remains stellar as always. This game won't turn anyone into a convert if they did not like the previous installments.

The new forms/keyblades are addictive to try out, and I am constantly switching between the different types of offensive spells. In any case, I am thoroughly enjoying it. (Hopefully, they'll release a more difficult mode because even the 'proud' mode in KH3 feels a little too easy...)

L.A. Noire (HD Remastered, PS4) 

Originally released on the PS3 and XBox, it received a HD remaster. I have not finished it yet, but I admire the realistic details of LA during the 1940s. Sometimes, the graphics look wonky with some bugs here and there, but these glitches have not yet detracted my attention away. When examining the game, it appears to be a typical sleuth-solving-crime game, and for the most part, it is. To me, though, it is far from being mundane. There are clues to find, suspects and witnesses to question, and bad guys to chase down - which means there are plenty of actions parts. You will be involved in shoot-outs or race (either by foot or car) after criminals who attempt to escape. It's not a perfect game, but I think there are some merits to it.

I've been playing "Siralim 3" for the past few days. I heard that it's like "Dragon Warrior Monsters 2", which was one of my favourite games as a kid, and it is basically the exact same only with a lot more emphasis on equipped items (instead of spells that your monsters collect as they level up or through breeding), so I'm really enjoying it.  The combat was a bit confusing at first, but now that I've gotten used to it I can really appreciate how they've tried to make collecting and training monsters as efficient as possible.

It is a bit repetitive, and it could do with a bit more story/more complex quests than just collecting things and carrying them from point A to B, but I could say the same about Dragon Warrior Monsters, Pokemon, Monster Rancher, etc. and I still enjoy playing and replaying those games all the time.

Edited by violetchain