SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

After one year hiatus I decided to come back to Warframe once again. And I must say... I'm not disappointed at all.

I heard a lot about Plains of Eidolon (which is kinda weird that they were about to release big content like Path of Exile did with their new 6 acts). I neither was hyped nor interested about it. After some experience with DE and not that good quality of their content I didn't believe that they will do something huge.  And I was surprised in positive way. Probably not only me, judging by Steam Awards 2017.

I finished God Eater Resurrection a while ago and moved onto God Eater 2 Rage Burst. They have apparently changed some of the mechanics a bit and I don't really know if I like it or not. It'll probably take me a small while to get used to the changes. As for the characters, they all seem a bit boring at first. And I can't tolerate how goddamn annoying Ciel is. Hopefully she'll get less annoying as the story progresses.

Nana is my favorite character so far though, she's so cute.

Before I got kicked out of home I preordered Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy, and on release day I got kicked out.

Good news is yesterday I went out and bought a PS4 (got a glacier white one because they're gorgeous) and after waiting 6 months I finally got to play it. I love it, especially with how true to the original it is with some spice e extras 

Tomorrow I'll be going out to buy Bloodborne, so I'll let y'all know how that goes :)

Been playing Yakuza Kiwami since it's release.

I loved how they remake every aspect and added a lot of new things (this IS how you remake a game, bro). Something I really liked is the fact that they gave Majima a depth story, now the guy is pretty awesome instead of the ps2 ver. where I hated him.

I can't stop doing the substories, I've laughed so fucking much <3

Edited by Asakusa

Currently playing Warframe and on-and-off: Dead by Daylight. Usually it's Warframe, though. Came back after some years hiatus and haven't stopped playing since then.

I still need to finish Nioh and The Evil Within 2, though. So I might be playing those again soon.

Lately I've been binging The Sims4 because it's relaxing and easy, perfect to get into once I'm home from work lol. Just bought the Cats & Dogs DLC and lemme tell you it glitched out so many things in my game. Sims won't sleep, actions get cancelled, among other annoying things. It almost seems like my sims have a will of their own and ignore everything I tell them to do (:shock:) What the fuck is wrong with EA? I hate giving them money, but I just can't bring myself to pirate games. 

Kinda diving into PUBG addiction, unfortunately. Squading up is loads of fun, and the game is sucking less on the optimization side (still has MILES to go, but at least is more or less playable)

Started a playthrough of Pillars of Eternity, already pissed off with companions dying.

Thinking on going back to Stardew Valley, that game is the biggest time sinkhole of all time!

Few Dead Cells and CS:GO rounds here and there

And I finally finished Dying Light expansion main story, and fuck that ending. Still the best zombie game ever made, and there are few 1st person games that are so fluid to play like this one. Highly recommended!

Edited by chemicalpictures

Just picked up Dragonball FighterZ. I'm enjoying the gameplay so far. The menu system though, is awful. Rather than a simple intuitive menu where you can select mode, you're in an MMO style lobby town and you have to go to specific parts of the town to select a mode. What the hell were these devs thinking?

1 hour ago, Flame-X said:

Just picked up Dragonball FighterZ. I'm enjoying the gameplay so far. The menu system though, is awful. Rather than a simple intuitive menu where you can select mode, you're in an MMO style lobby town and you have to go to specific parts of the town to select a mode. What the hell were these devs thinking?

From seeing a let's play of it, I don't like the menu system either. The 3D chibi models are cute, but when it comes to selecting teams or getting into battle with someone, it looks rather complicated and a bit cluttered up.

Might be a dumb question, but does it have the same control mechanics as say, the Budokai series? Or more complex arcade-style controls like with Super Dragon Ball Z where you'd have to put in long combos to perform a special attack? (I'm really sorry, I've been out of the vidya gamez loop for a long time)  I would really like to get this game at some point.

On 15/01/2018 at 12:16 PM, platy said:

What the fuck is wrong with EA? I hate giving them money, but I just can't bring myself to pirate games. 

EA does that because people let them. By buying an unfinished, broken game you've just confirmed that it's okay for them to sell it to you. :P 

Have to say tho, Sims is like my guilty pleasure as a gamer. I would never in any real conversation with other game nerds actually admit that I've ever played it, but I've got 3 on my computer (because this little bae can't handle 4. It'll crash) and the best part is creating characters from other franchises and then explaining to your friend/SO what they did without giving context.

Imagine creating the chocobros and then just one day exclaiming that Ignis burned down the kitchen and now everyone's upset but the apartment's only got one shower and Prompto is taking his sweet time and Noctis won't stop crying.

On 15/01/2018 at 4:29 PM, chemicalpictures said:

Started a playthrough of Pillars of Eternity, already pissed off with companions dying.

I remember playing this with my husband a few years back, although never finished it. I also have no recollection of what happened in it, but I do remember liking it! But it might be because it reminded me of old RPGs like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale and such, and those games were where my gaming started in the day.

22 minutes ago, suji said:

From seeing a let's play of it, I don't like the menu system either. The 3D chibi models are cute, but when it comes to selecting teams or getting into battle with someone, it looks rather complicated and a bit cluttered up.

Might be a dumb question, but does it have the same control mechanics as say, the Budokai series? Or more complex arcade-style controls like with Super Dragon Ball Z where you'd have to put in long combos to perform a special attack? (I'm really sorry, I've been out of the vidya gamez loop for a long time)  I would really like to get this game at some point.

I've never played Budokai so I can't really comment on that. I would say it's most similar to Persona 4 Arena and Guilty Gear Xrd when it comes to the fighting mechanics.

i'm playing dragon quest 4 for the psx & angelique for the same.

one is a traditional rpg with art by toriyama & it owns.

the other is a hyperfemme dating/world building sim where u can either become a queen, fail, or fall in love with any of 12 (TWELVE) bachelors. i am gonna marry this 1 because he looks like a matina.

olivie1a.jpg

so I played my brother's copy today, and it's pretty fun! Of course the controls are gonna take some time getting used to, and the whole lobby thingy and the story mode is kinda dumb, but I still enjoy it tho! The most fun I've had with a Dragon Ball game since the Tenkaichi series~

11 hours ago, patientZERO said:

I just got it today, too. My friend gifted me a copy because he didn't want to play alone.

My boyfrirrnd got a copy yesterday too but he’s already trading it in for Dragon Ball FighterZ so it looks like I’m going to be playing MHW alone. 😭

I'm finally playing Nier Automata and it's the greatest thing my eyes have seen in a long time. The combat is flawless in comparison with the first Nier, the music, atmosphere, etc. Is just mouth watering. Only complaint: the pc port lags and has frame rate issues. 

1 hour ago, Furik said:

My boyfrirrnd got a copy yesterday too but he’s already trading it in for Dragon Ball FighterZ so it looks like I’m going to be playing MHW alone. 😭

I played for about three hours last night (I took a long time making my character and feline friend) and played three missions until I could FINALLY play co-op with him. So you would likely be playing alone for a bit before you can actually jump in a game with your bf. Are you on XBone, PC or PS4?

1 hour ago, patientZERO said:

I played for about three hours last night (I took a long time making my character and feline friend) and played three missions until I could FINALLY play co-op with him. So you would likely be playing alone for a bit before you can actually jump in a game with your bf. Are you on XBone, PC or PS4?

PS4