SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

I am absolutely losing my shit at how the story is being told in Final Fantasy VII Remake. But, first of all, I’m soooo glad that they kept Cloud an awkward weirdo like he was in the original instead of the cool badass we got in everything else he was in. The other characters are pretty spot on too, and I honestly was never a big fan of the original game at all. 

What I don’t like is all the stupid filler stuff they have you do to pass time. At one point I couldn’t make any progress until I played a game of darts. Some of these quests and missions are really dragged out for the sake of adding more length, and it doesn’t always work in the game’s favor. 

The story though... obviously don’t want to spoil, but uh... I’ll just say sometimes things deviate, and then you’ll get something literally is like “nah, that’s not how it happened” and fixes it. It’s interesting, and I get the feeling that events are going to end up changing a LOT by the time this is over. Which is good. I’m on board with Square-Enix shaking things up. 

Almost done with Alundra now. In what I -think- should be the final dungeon of the game.. Man, this one really doesn't shy away from just absolutely punching the player in the gut from time to time.. Real good game though, probably one of the best Zelda-likes out there. My only gripe is that some of the enemies feel a bit TOO damage sponge-y for their own good but other than that I'm having a good time, would def. rec

I can't afford/find a switch & get ACNH so I'm playing ...  Morrowind for the first time. 

I don't know if I should be embarrassed but it's fun so far.

On 5/1/2020 at 12:39 PM, Tokage said:

Almost done with Alundra now. In what I -think- should be the final dungeon of the game.. Man, this one really doesn't shy away from just absolutely punching the player in the gut from time to time.. Real good game though, probably one of the best Zelda-likes out there. My only gripe is that some of the enemies feel a bit TOO damage sponge-y for their own good but other than that I'm having a good time, would def. rec

I absolutely love the challenge in some of the puzzles. I always thought the Zelda series is too easy so I appreciate that they really didn't hold back from exercising the player's brain. Curious, which disc/inner tray variants do you have? Mine are CD: same as cover art / Inner: Alundra rushing at a blue monster.

There's different versions? I didn't know :o I own a physical copy of the PAL version but I always thought those were all the same.. ://

(Either way I can't really check my version rn anyway due to the fact that my game collection is back at my parents' place in a different country rn 😂)

In other news: I somehow ended up stuck in the very final dungeon with only like 2 seals left to do lol

7 hours ago, Tokage said:

There's different versions? I didn't know :o I own a physical copy of the PAL version but I always thought those were all the same.. ://

(Either way I can't really check my version rn anyway due to the fact that my game collection is back at my parents' place in a different country rn 😂)

In other news: I somehow ended up stuck in the very final dungeon with only like 2 seals left to do lol

Yeah, there are 6 or so different variants? Check em out! (Not sure why the site isn't working, just used it yesterday. Had to use the wayback machine):

https://web.archive.org/web/20180819093731/http://game-rave.com/?p=1141

18 hours ago, ghost said:

Yeah, there are 6 or so different variants? Check em out! (Not sure why the site isn't working, just used it yesterday. Had to use the wayback machine):

https://web.archive.org/web/20180819093731/http://game-rave.com/?p=1141

:( The archive ain't loading the images for me either so I'm still unable to see what they look like!

I DID, however, finally manage to figure out what I was doing wrong and managed to beat the game earlier. Man, the final boss gave me a little bit of trouble in its final form cuz I spammed all my magic and remaining health items too early lol.. God bless that recovery ring. I'll give Alundra 2 a try eventually, I remember I gave it a spin when I was a kid for like 10 minutes before realizing it wasn't anything like the first part and promptly dropping it.. Should see if it's still worth playing despite that, but first I'm gonna move on to Tomba 

9 hours ago, Tokage said:

:( The archive ain't loading the images for me either so I'm still unable to see what they look like!

I DID, however, finally manage to figure out what I was doing wrong and managed to beat the game earlier. Man, the final boss gave me a little bit of trouble in its final form cuz I spammed all my magic and remaining health items too early lol.. God bless that recovery ring. I'll give Alundra 2 a try eventually, I remember I gave it a spin when I was a kid for like 10 minutes before realizing it wasn't anything like the first part and promptly dropping it.. Should see if it's still worth playing despite that, but first I'm gonna move on to Tomba 

Nice, congrats on completing it! Man, you're going through a lot of good PS1 classics 👏

I nabbed some screenshots. Check em out!:

Spoiler

149AjK8.png

rn6gkvZ.png

PBVw3Qr.png

To stay on topic, finally got myself a copy of Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Never played a AC game before but I'm finding myself having a ton of fun with everything.

62kfW1d.jpg

Edited by ghost

15 hours ago, ghost said:

Man, you're going through a lot of good PS1 classics 👏

Yeah.. I've really been itching to play through some more fifth gen games lately. Decided to start off with some stuff in the PSX library cuz there's a buncha titles I physically own(ed) but never managed to complete & there's plenty of hidden gems to go through as well. Might move on to the Saturn at some point as I've pretty much played NONE of that console's games yet as well but for now I wanna dig a little bit deeper into the Playstation's absurdly huge library

As far as Tomba goes so far: Still a great game. I'm still very far off from reaching the point in the game where I stopped playing it last time around but it's been so long since I last touched it I've forgotten a lot of things and the whole experience almost feels like I'm playing through  it for the very first time again. Highly recommend anyone into metroidvania-esque games to give this one a chance

Edited by Tokage

On 5/7/2020 at 5:54 PM, platy said:

After two years of playing FF14, I finally got to Heavensward lol

Now it gets fun! 

8 hours ago, seys said:

Now it gets fun! 

Can't waaaait~ I've done everything I could do with my crafting/gathering classes up to this point so I'm dyinggggg to find some new fish and cook some new food!!!(oh yh the story is getting much better as well) 

35 minutes ago, ghost said:

Just got these in the mail last friday. I spent all day saturday going through both scenarios in RE 2 😂

0VO7HRE.jpg

How much did those set you back?

Right now I'm on the PS1 kick much like a few users here, going through a lot games with pre-rendered backgrounds, at the moment it's Digimon World and FF7

12 minutes ago, Manabu said:

How much did those set you back?

Right now I'm on the PS1 kick much like a few users here, going through a lot games with pre-rendered backgrounds, at the moment it's Digimon World and FF7

Nice. Haven't played Digimon World but FF7 needs no introduction.

Parasite Eve set me back a little over $42 USD and RE 2 dualshock I got a pretty good deal on because I did a bit of a scavenger hunt. Someone was selling an incomplete copy for like $20. I found another listing on ebay that was selling just the missing disc so I got that separately. Ended up costing around $35 for the complete set.

I've gotten around to beating Tomba 1 now as well. Managed to unlock 129 out of the 130 or so quests and completed around 126 of them. Pretty decent numbers I'd say. This is still a wonderful game! Highly recommended for fans of platformers and mildly metroidvania-esque games. Fuck that racing minigame hard though. (To be fair I can't think of almost a single platformer w/ racing minigames that are actually fun - those goddamn bike levels in Crash 3 also kinda kill the game)

Time to pick out something new.. Not sure if I should keep going and jump into Tomba 2 or if I should try and veer off my path and try out some Saturn games instead considering I've pretty much never played any of 'em... 

I finally got my hands on a ds lite again and ive bought a bunch of super mario games to play with it. Its been a great distraction and eventually i wanna get other games but just this is good for now. Except it totally messed up my sleeping schedule because one night i was playing Mario until 4am LOL as a kid i had all the gameboys but they somehow disappeared (im so convinced my dad either sold them or kids stole them during house parties idk). Basically im just glad to relive my childhood with these games lol i wanna get my old hamtaro game back too. Im even tempted to buy a nintendo 64. Damn this "lock down" 😫

I decided to go back to Skyrim (as in 500h played wasn't enough hah) and I'm surprised how easy modding has become.  One-click install, one-click mod cleaning wth, kids these days have it easy~~