SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

Finally started Far Cry 5. So far really liking it, it's lots of fun, but I think Far Cry 4 will still stay my favorite out of the series.

Finally started Cave Story, which like Quake (and DOOM), has been ported to just about everything imaginable. Playing a bit of Katamari for Vita and some... flash games? Tower of Heaven is one of my all-time favorites, and it's been several years since I last played it. 

*Recently bought "Baba is You" and about to start "VA-11 HALL-A" for Vita.

aw fRiCk, i LOVE puzzles, man

Edited by colorful人生

pretty burnt out on apex legends and now im back on that pubg train, sadly all my friends have moved on from that game so idk 

Edited by chipathy

On 4/9/2019 at 12:34 AM, Marchen said:

Do we have FFXIV players here?

Bought it yesterday! The updates take an absolute eternity, but it's brilliant and I love what I've played so far. So addictive!

5 hours ago, Gesu said:

Bought it yesterday! The updates take an absolute eternity, but it's brilliant and I love what I've played so far. So addictive!

Which server did you choose? I'm on Primal datacenter, if you need anything :)

2 minutes ago, Marchen said:

Which server did you choose? I'm on Primal datacenter, if you need anything :)

Thank you! I'm on Chaos~ ^_^

On 4/20/2019 at 10:56 AM, 123Sandman321 said:

Finishing Yakuza Kiwami, gotta get ready for Kiwami 2, coming in two weeks :D I'M SO EXCITED

Playing Yakuza Kiwami 2 at the moment! Totally wont disappoint! Did you play "0" as well? Kiwami 2 has a lot more in common with 0 that the original Kiwami game.

2 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

Playing Yakuza Kiwami 2 at the moment! Totally wont disappoint! Did you play "0" as well? Kiwami 2 has a lot more in common with 0 that the original Kiwami game.

Yes, of course I did, I put around 100 hours into it :D I don't think Yakuza will ever be able to disappoint me. The stories and overall atmosphere were always wonderful.

What I'm a bit worried about, tho, is the combat and overall progression in Kiwami 2, those 5 kinds of EXP seem slightly weird. How does it work?

Now here's hoping that Sega puts the rest of them on PC, too...(including Kenzan and Ishin, unlikely, but it'd be amazing)

6 hours ago, 123Sandman321 said:

Yes, of course I did, I put around 100 hours into it :D I don't think Yakuza will ever be able to disappoint me. The stories and overall atmosphere were always wonderful.

What I'm a bit worried about, tho, is the combat and overall progression in Kiwami 2, those 5 kinds of EXP seem slightly weird. How does it work?

Now here's hoping that Sega puts the rest of them on PC, too...(including Kenzan and Ishin, unlikely, but it'd be amazing)

Haha same, main time sink was Kiryu's real-estate mission, still pretty awesome. Yeah I agree, not many games (at least in the west) like it, it's basically the game I expected GTA to be after hearing it hyped so much. Never a fan of GTA but yeah Yakuza is amazing. 

Combat is more or less the same to be fair. Only have a couple of small things I find a little irritating about how it's changed compared to the 0 and Kiwami, but not really anything worth making a big deal out of, but can go into it if you prefer? Not sure how you'd feel about it but there is one thing called something like "Extreme heat mode" or something, which is an upgrade and you can use it to basically win any battle, so does take the challenge out of some fights, but does make the Amon battles for example much less painful.

EXP system is a bit weird yeah, different to what we've gotten used to. Specially as you basically only have one fighting style on this one instead of multiple ones. I'm actually near the end of the game and still can't fully explain the experience system.....haha. But you basically get certain amounts of each one, or combinations of, for doing different things, like usually fights and completing substories/parts of the main story reward for all of them. But some things like eating food, drinking and completing mini games will give you more of one or two different areas of exp. But basically, complete missions, fight and eat/drink alot and it'll build up in time. Which if you could complete the game without doing any of that I'd be super impressed. haha.

Just finished up the Nyakuza Metro DLC for A Hat in Time (which came out today.)

Spoiler

Chapter 7 "Rush Hour" was pretty underwhelming. I was hoping for a boss battle, but seeing that the last DLC didn't have one, it kind of makes sense. Huge chase scene just for the main villain to bail, lol.

There's also a secret battle with "Meowjima", which is a reference to Majima from the Yakuza series.

Edited by colorful人生

im playing diabolik lovers more, blood and the experience is much more cheesy than when i played the first game five years ago lol

i've finished reiji, ayato, subaru and shu routes and have started azusa route. i don't have a particular interest in him, but u've decided to play all new characters routes. was curious about boys ratings and was surprised to see that kanato is always #3 or so, while azusa is always on the last positions. like, both of their personalities are fucking hilarious, but both of them look equally cute, so why...kanato is such a pain in the ass actually, yelling and speaking to his stupid bear, dunno why people love him so much.

anyway, the game itself is a mess, each character would just repeat his catchphrase like every two minutes and there isn't much more going on actually lol. still, here i am playing it convincing myself that i'm doing it for a relaxed japanese practising.

8 hours ago, yomii said:

still, here i am playing it convincing myself that i'm doing it for a relaxed japanese practising.

That's the reason I tell myself when I'm playing otome games even when they're cheesy or all over the place, lol 😅

17 hours ago, yomii said:

im playing diabolik lovers more, blood and the experience is much more cheesy than when i played the first game five years ago lol

i've finished reiji, ayato, subaru and shu routes and have started azusa route. i don't have a particular interest in him, but u've decided to play all new characters routes. was curious about boys ratings and was surprised to see that kanato is always #3 or so, while azusa is always on the last positions. like, both of their personalities are fucking hilarious, but both of them look equally cute, so why...kanato is such a pain in the ass actually, yelling and speaking to his stupid bear, dunno why people love him so much.

anyway, the game itself is a mess, each character would just repeat his catchphrase like every two minutes and there isn't much more going on actually lol. still, here i am playing it convincing myself that i'm doing it for a relaxed japanese practising.

I really want to play this mess, I still hope there'll be a English port some day. I heard there are fan translations but they're unfinished/messy. Sure Kanato and Azusa are similar, but Azusa is so much cuter than Kanato, you can't even compare.  Sad to hear that he isn't appreciated. His scenes in the anime always made me feel some sort of way, whereas Kanato scenes just had me thinking how badly I wanted to put him in a mental asylum. Still, Raito is my fav.

44 minutes ago, platy said:

I really want to play this mess, I still hope there'll be a English port some day. I heard there are fan translations but they're unfinished/messy. Sure Kanato and Azusa are similar, but Azusa is so much cuter than Kanato, you can't even compare.  Sad to hear that he isn't appreciated. His scenes in the anime always made me feel some sort of way, whereas Kanato scenes just had me thinking how badly I wanted to put him in a mental asylum. Still, Raito is my fav.

idk if this will be good enough for you, but i used this account to read bad endings or confirm if i got smth right, it seems okay. there were some not completely accurate moments, but it's still quite readable. 

i remember when i played the first game, i was not feeling that way about kanato, but now i find him so annoying. azusa, well i don't know a lot abt him yet, but the worst thing abt him is that he speaks....very.....slowly.....

why raito? .w. mine two favs are reiji and shu~

2 hours ago, yomii said:

idk if this will be good enough for you, but i used this account to read bad endings or confirm if i got smth right, it seems okay. there were some not completely accurate moments, but it's still quite readable. 

i remember when i played the first game, i was not feeling that way about kanato, but now i find him so annoying. azusa, well i don't know a lot abt him yet, but the worst thing abt him is that he speaks....very.....slowly.....

why raito? .w. mine two favs are reiji and shu~

Thanks! that blog is really useful :) Azusa's slowness is annoying, but at least his cuteness is distracting lol Shu is cute, but why reiji? He seems like the coldest one of the brothers. Subaru is cold too, but he's just damn boring. As to why I like Raito, if I were in the protagonist's place, I would give him back all the name-calling and mind fucking that he gave me. I mean, I think I'd be perfectly able to handle his personality type and put him in his place and it'd be a hot love-hate relationship kinda thing lol Speaking of the protagonist tho, she's in my top 10 worst main characters. She's so spineless and bland, jesus. 

12 hours ago, platy said:

Thanks! that blog is really useful :) Azusa's slowness is annoying, but at least his cuteness is distracting lol Shu is cute, but why reiji? He seems like the coldest one of the brothers. Subaru is cold too, but he's just damn boring. As to why I like Raito, if I were in the protagonist's place, I would give him back all the name-calling and mind fucking that he gave me. I mean, I think I'd be perfectly able to handle his personality type and put him in his place and it'd be a hot love-hate relationship kinda thing lol Speaking of the protagonist tho, she's in my top 10 worst main characters. She's so spineless and bland, jesus. 

i wouldn't say subaru is cold tho! he's typical tsundere imo, like, he tries to be cold but in fact he seems to care about things a lot, that's why he's always angry...while reiji is really cold most of the time, but such cold cool smart guys are kinda my type lol. 

speaking abt giving back and protagonist, she IS the most spineless thing AND the game only encourages such attitude. i don't remember how it was in the first game, probably same, but in more blood, if you choose answers that game considers "sadistic" (which are usually just a little less more feeble than "masochistic") you get bad ending lol

55 minutes ago, yomii said:

i wouldn't say subaru is cold tho! he's typical tsundere imo, like, he tries to be cold but in fact he seems to care about things a lot, that's why he's always angry...while reiji is really cold most of the time, but such cold cool smart guys are kinda my type lol. 

speaking abt giving back and protagonist, she IS the most spineless thing AND the game only encourages such attitude. i don't remember how it was in the first game, probably same, but in more blood, if you choose answers that game considers "sadistic" (which are usually just a little less more feeble than "masochistic") you get bad ending lol

Haha, I think that's the reason I like Subaru. He secretly has the heart of a softie even if he is boring xD But Reiji looks cool and sleek, not to mention I love his dark purple(?) hair~

For some reason, I remembered the main protagonist from the game, Amnesia. It's been a while since I played the game, but I remember her personality was kind of like a cardboard ^^; 

1 hour ago, monkeybanana4 said:

For some reason, I remembered the main protagonist from the game, Amnesia. It's been a while since I played the game, but I remember her personality was kind of like a cardboard ^^; 

Yeah, that really annoyed me. There's a right way and a wrong way to do a silent/near-silent protagonist, and they went the wrong way. -_-