SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

I've been playing the sims 4 again. I hadn't played it in like over a year so I was excited to see how much new stuff it had gotten. And oh my god. It finally has a laundry stuff pack. Laundry. Yes. I have no idea why I love it so much in that game when in real life it's one of my most hated things ever.

6 hours ago, chocobuzz said:

I've been playing the sims 4 again. I hadn't played it in like over a year so I was excited to see how much new stuff it had gotten. And oh my god. It finally has a laundry stuff pack. Laundry. Yes. I have no idea why I love it so much in that game when in real life it's one of my most hated things ever.

God I remember in my good old weeaboo days when I made Hitsugi from Nightmare in Sims 4 and made him a professional musicians good lord take me back xD 

9 hours ago, TheZigzagoon said:

God I remember in my good old weeaboo days when I made Hitsugi from Nightmare in Sims 4 and made him a professional musicians good lord take me back xD 

I think we've all done some weird stuff in Sims at some point haha. I remember when I got Sims 3 and created my favorite boybands in it and made them do some questionable stuff with each other lol. Ah, good times...

Finished the first episode of Life is Strange 2. I already like the characters way more than Max and Chloe. The relationship between brothers is more relatable to me than some dumb teenagers lol. I wish it wasn't so rushed though, the first episode should've explored their mundane daily life more before shit hit the fan.  I also wish there was more to do, even though this is a narrative led game. Eh, I look forward to the next episodes.

Finished with Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance on the PS4. Found flowmotion and the combat to be a lot of fun. One of my favorite worlds has to be Symphony of Sorcery. Love the aesthetics and the "sounds" that played when you jumped, moved, or were in combat.

Currently playing Tales of Symphonia. Graphics are a bit dated by today's standards, but it's still an okay game. I'm attempting to go after the trophies, so I'm replaying the game again for a third time lol 😅

Edited by monkeybanana4

My hype for Assassin's Creed Odyssey is off the charts at this point, but I refuse to buy it for full price. And I think I'll get the Gold edition too ($130 Canadian ?!!?!?!). Sony please e-mail me another 20% off coupon. Although that'd mean I still have to pay $104. =_= .. maybe I'll just get the regular, and buy the DLC separately if it's "good".

While I'm waiting for that, I'm going to try to force myself to play God of War 3. I'm not exactly a fan of Kratos after playing God of War 2 a few months ago, but I feel like I need to do this before I can play God of War (the PS4 one).... eventually.

Anyone else doing Halloween event stuff in games?

I've been playing Killing Floor 2 a lot, trying to get that damned Clot backpack and having NO luck after so many hours and even bought tickets. >:/ And lately I've been trying to play more Dead by Daylight as their event finally started on the 19th. I don't know if I'll be able to finish it. I had 2 killer games today for dailies and it took 30 mins each to get enough people to play. Oh, and I think Vermintide 2 has an event coming too, but I'm not sure what it is.

I'm almost done with Octopath Traveler. It's been an overall positive experience, just uneven. The Bravely Default spin off feel to the combat, each character having their own separate story/action paths like the SaGa games and the hd 2d visuals were nice touches that elevated the mostly uninspired writing. Too many reused assets as well. Hopefully when the inevitable sequel comes they can spend some time focusing on fixing those issues and expanding on the stellar combat.

Any of y'all ever play the horror game DreadOut? It's supposedly some kind of Fatal Frame knockoff, looks kinda interesting, just curious if it's worth playing or not

21 hours ago, Tokage said:

Any of y'all ever play the horror game DreadOut? It's supposedly some kind of Fatal Frame knockoff, looks kinda interesting, just curious if it's worth playing or not

I quite liked it. If you can grab it on sale I'd say do it. You can learn a little about Indonesian spirits through it as well (if you don't already know about them).

I've been playing Fallout: New Vegas recently. I'm usually more of a turn-based RPG/strategy person, but I actually played a few minutes of it as part of a psychology study in university, and I've always kind of wanted to give it a shot since I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic stuff.

The VATS system is a huge selling point for me, since I'm not great at shooting and my reflexes suck. Makes it almost feel like playing a grosser, more active version of Fire Emblem sometimes. I really like the soundtrack too. Which is rare for me, since I usually mute the sound when I'm playing video games.

I've been heavily into Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch of late. Final Fantasy 14 of course as always but one of my friends sat down and taught me how to play Heroes properly and now I'm having way too much fun with Thrall. Someone send help.

On 11/1/2018 at 10:31 PM, violetchain said:

Which is rare for me, since I usually mute the sound when I'm playing video games.

never has a more blasphemous sentence been uttered....

naw but seriously new vegas is awesome, my favorite fallout game. which platform are you playing on?

4 hours ago, Original Saku said:

never has a more blasphemous sentence been uttered....

naw but seriously new vegas is awesome, my favorite fallout game. which platform are you playing on?

Well, the main thing I play is SNES and GBA RPGs (on an emulator), so the music can be a bit dated... If I'm playing something like Zelda on a console I'll usually leave it on.

I only own like an N64 and a Wii, so I'm playing it on Steam on my rickety old laptop. It's not exactly ideal, but it's been working okay since I'm just playing casually. I've really been enjoying it so far. I bought Fallout 3 as well to try next, since they were both cheap and I remember watching someone play the first bit of it ages ago.

I started Ys 8 on the switch last week and it's really addicting. I love how well easily combat flows, exploration is fun(not overwhelming like a lot of modern games) and while it won't win any awards, the writing is decent to passable; anime tropes are present for sure, thankfully there's more to it the characters and they're mostly tolerable so far. There's a decent variety of things to do and it all gels really well and feels cohesive. I don't have a lot of negative to say about this game, graphics will be an issue for some as they are late ps2/early ps3 quality but personally I find them serviceable when in handheld mode. I tried playing docked for an hour and all of the games graphical issues are exacerbated, shading in certain areas has those blocky ps1 textures that looked bad in the 90's and slowdown becomes a problem. I've heard that the switch port is the worst in that regard though, so it's probably less of an issue on ps4/steam. I'm not too far into it, so who knows it could fall apart, but so far this is the best arpg I've played in a long time.

I've been playing Spyro Reignited Trilogy for a few hours now and I love it. I logically started playing the third game first because that's the one that has a special place in my heart and is the most meaningful one to me. I was a bit worried if the remastered version would still have the same kind of a feel as the original one did but I think they've managed to do it really well. Sheila's character design looks a bit funny to me though, I think it's mainly because of the funny hair haha.

All in all, I'm enjoying the game a lot so far.

On 11/12/2018 at 4:28 PM, PIZAZ said:

I started Ys 8 on the switch last week and it's really addicting. I love how well easily combat flows, exploration is fun(not overwhelming like a lot of modern games) and while it won't win any awards, the writing is decent to passable; anime tropes are present for sure, thankfully there's more to it the characters and they're mostly tolerable so far. There's a decent variety of things to do and it all gels really well and feels cohesive. I don't have a lot of negative to say about this game, graphics will be an issue for some as they are late ps2/early ps3 quality but personally I find them serviceable when in handheld mode. I tried playing docked for an hour and all of the games graphical issues are exacerbated, shading in certain areas has those blocky ps1 textures that looked bad in the 90's and slowdown becomes a problem. I've heard that the switch port is the worst in that regard though, so it's probably less of an issue on ps4/steam. I'm not too far into it, so who knows it could fall apart, but so far this is the best arpg I've played in a long time.

Just curious, do you need to have played the other games in the series? I've only managed to play YS Celceta, and I quite liked it.

12 hours ago, monkeybanana4 said:

Just curious, do you need to have played the other games in the series? I've only managed to play YS Celceta, and I quite liked it.

Nope, this is my first ys game!  I've heard good things about other entries(including Celceta) and plan on checking them out after a couple of other games in my backlog.

Re-playing Kingdom Hearts in preparation for the third one. The first KH has an awful camera and some insanely bad level design lol I'll be glad to never look at it again. On the plus side, it's very interesting to see how the series had a jump in improvement from the first to the second game and without a doubt, the third one will be amazing. The other games are usually just copypasted and dumbed down versions of the main ones, apart from Chain of Memories and Birth By Sleep which stand out in their own way.