SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

I finally had a Sunday evening to myself, and decided to give Beyond: Two Souls a try (since I got it for free with PS+)

I gotta say, it is quite the entertaining game. Still haven't beaten it yet. I also forgot that Ellen Page was the actor for the main character.

Taking a small break from my second BOTW playthrough and started Tokyo Xanadu...
After getting bombarded with anime tropes & janky cutscenes for the first hour, the gameplay is kinda meh.

Hopefully it get a bit better. 

Also, tried a bit of Toaru Majutsu no Virtual-On... I need to learn how to actually play Virtual-On games tho, lol. 

Playing songs on og Project Diva when I have time to kill. 

Edited by colorfuljinsei

Still plugging away at Monster Hunter World off and on the last few months, playing a lot the past week for the summer twilight fest event. It's funny actually, I'm coming up on 400 hours in the game (currently 394 or something) and here I am about to start completely over from scratch next month when the PC version drops...

I've been finishing a lot of games that I started a while back as well; Nier Automata, DOOM, Dishonored 2 . Also doing a playthrough of Bayonetta on PC since it's been legit 8 years since I played through it, plus the pc port is a damn gem. 1440p at a silky smooth 60fps obviously this is how the game was meant to be played all along.

Now that I've got time off from college I'm playing Silent Hill on my ps1 emulator (kinda late to the party, I know) and Nier Automata and Nioh on ps4

throw in some SF 3, DBFz and Darkstalkers to chill and that's about it

I've gone back and have been going through every Pokémon game main story and legendary collecting after beating ultra moon last month. I have so much on PlayStation and Switch I need to play though lol. 

Been playing the original Professor Layton games together with my gf lately, and been playing Celeste by myself. It's actually a really, really good and challenging platformer, although the way the game tries to push the whole "it's all a metaphor about dealing with depression dude!" aspect of the story into your face is... incredibly unsubtle to say the least lol. Still, REAL good shit, the way the game kinda eases you into the platforming gimmicks unique to each stage feels very organic and well done, and the difficulty in the main game ramps up quite nicely. Anyone into 2D platformers should check it out. Soundtrack's really, really well done too. 

New Gundam Breaker. I watched a bunch of reviews where every Youtube weeb reviewer just complained about it for 30 minutes, but a patch addressed a lot of the lag issues that were crippling the game.

It's still chaotic and the story is as contrived as it is forced, but I am enjoying myself. I like mashing together random parts to make a new model. From what I've seen in  other review videos, this game doesn't have as much customization as the previous title. For example, you could adjust the angle of your extra limbs / guns / shields / etc so they don't clip, but in this game you just have to deal with it looking stupid or going without parts that have a lot of fins.

I've been working with this guy while amassing new parts before continuing on in the story.

Di6-wZIXsAcWC9o.jpg:large

Yesterday I played CS:GO. In the first round when everyone had money to buy only a handgun, I stabbed 3 CTs in a row with a knife in 10 sec at the bomb site B in Dust II. What a fluke!

Edited by nostalgia

Just finished Chasm (good, but could be so much better) and Salt & Sanctuary (really really good). Now waiting for Death's Gambit and Blasphemous later this month. Still choosing what to play next, Far Cry 5 or Bloodborne DLC. Some Overwatch now and then (Hammond is so much fun, makes the design of the original cast look so, so lame) and dipping my feet again into some CS:GO

On 7/19/2018 at 12:22 AM, nostalgia said:

Been addicted to playing CS:GO recently.

I'm a noob teammate though. I'd be surprised if I didn't get kicked out of the server because of my playing.

lol, don't worry, every single one in the trenches sucks, don't let a bad teammate take the fun out of the game for you. Really, nobody has any clue of what they're doing AT LEAST until something like Nova Master or something. Thankfully, CS is one of the few team games that one person CAN carry the weight for the team, so you won't have to depend on them that much

Work on your spray, on learning the most important smokes and how to manage team economy and you rise in the ranks sooner or later

Edited by chemicalpictures

yo anybody get Monster Hunter World on PC? need some people to play with.  I have 400+ hours on PS4, experienced hunter. Let's wreck some shit :D hit me up.

Too many… I start playing one game, then I find another one which interests me then start playing it and forgetting the other one. But, for now I guess I’m playing:

SMT Strange Journey Redux, SMT 4 Apocolypse, Persona 2 Innocent Sin, 7th Dragon Code VFD, Daganronpa 1 and PUBG mobile.

I guess I like JRPGs?

Edited by Seri

Spoiler

9k2ln6.jpg

Had to share another BOTW pic on CEMU. It's absolutely gorgeous in 21:9. Even on my dated mini-pc, I still get a decent 30fps. I'm STILL playing this nearly every night that I can.

Oddly enough, I've picked up Tetris DX for GBC for the ~10th time and started playing it again. My current 40-line time is 3:14 (no hard drop in this ver.), trying to make improvements where I can. I'll bounce between that and Bust-a-Move Millennium, getting addicted for several days straight.

Edited by colorfuljinsei

I'm playing FF 7 for the first time. Haven't got very far but it's a lot of fun and it's full of character. I'm surprised how much I already like Aerith, they made her and Cloud as bland as possible in KH so I wasn't expecting to be a fan. I still can never support them as a couple because of Zack.

YAKUZA KIWAMI 2

I just did a side quest where I (me, as in the main character Kiryu) was recruited off the street to model for a photographer. Turns out, the photographer was this bodybuilder wearing nothing but a tiny red Speedo. He made me take off my shirt and do some... manly... poses, including one where he wanted to capture the contradiction of manliness and cuteness, whereupon I posed adorably with my hands making a heart symbol. Then he let slip that these photos were for some kind of global photography competition and I was not cool with that so I ended up having to beat him the hell up. After that was done, I somehow taught him the true nature of art and shook his hand for like 3 minutes while his assistant took pictures of this TRUE VISION OF MANLINESS.

yeah.

I still didn't manage to buy a new computer cuz I'm going to move to another place next month. recently have been playing Dynasty Warriors 9 tho my current PC sucks. appearance is all the way low and framerate drops like crazy, still playable. also will try more titles of musou series including Dragon Quest Heroes.

everyone said DW9 is baaaad, but I don't really think so. maybe because of the DLC pack price? or the not-really-enough update and maintenance? or the move-system change? (just like what Koei did with DW6) meh, fxxk it I don't care. I love the open-world setting and the side-quest system. the character setting is still amazing. nuff said, scrxx those haters. and what a good time coming back to this series, I missed a lot of titles since my previous trial was exactly DW Strikeforce 2 on PSP...

I finished the main story to Yakuza Kiwami 2 a couple weeks ago. I've never mainlined the story for a somewhat "open world" game that quickly before cuz I always get distracted by side shit. I suppose nothing propels me through a story like the prospect of a good tsundere-ish romance. I mean, the relationship didn't have much time (screen time or real in-game time) to develop properly, but I will point out that the lady dared to:

*SPOILERS FOR A 12-YEAR-OLD STORY*

- put handcuffs on Kiryu (she's a cop)

- order him around (she made him buy beer and underwear for her, like 1 day after they first met)

- point a loaded gun at his face just to threaten him into doing what she wanted

- take a cigarette out of his mouth before he even got a chance to light it (bold move!!!)

- scold him for being an idiot

- is somehow strong enough to bend a golf club after taking a bad swing at the driving range

- dump him via pre-recorded video (he was pretty clearly trying not to cry while watching that)

- at the very end of the game, despite dumping him, and despite him making a shit-tier-bad-anime-decision, she is willing to give up her life to stay at his side (attached at the lips) while a bomb is about to explode

- but the bomb was fake! and you find out at the start of Yakuza 3, in a terribly written scene, that she re-dumped him for some reason. That reason mostly being that the writers didn't know what else to do with her, or didn't want to have to write around Kiryu being in a serious relationship.

No other woman dared to treat Kiryu like this.  Nearly every other major female character that has ever appeared in Yakuza games has been the gentle/cute/super-feminine type. No wonder Kiryu fell for her (and apparently hasn't fallen for anyone else after her). No wonder I fell for her. I love strong female characters. (well, she got a little less strong as the story progressed, I'm gonna blame rushed storytelling & writing for that)

tl;dr I love tsunderes, I love romance, I love strong women, I love Sayama Kaoru!!

Finished 3rd "A Hat in Time" playthrough which only took 2 nights. The Death Wish levels on the other hand are ridiculously time-consuming to beat.

I try to squeeze in a Trial of the Sword attempt in BOTW a day b/c it's really unforgiving in Master Mode.

In other news, Maplestory 2 is launching on October 10th (for everyone) and I'm going to fiddle around with it. I played GlobalMS in late 2005 close to NA launch up until 2009~ish and a smattering of private servers on-and-off the past several years. I'll probably be super hype until I start seeing the limitation of not having pay-to-win elements and jump ship. 

*So, checked in on Maplestory 2... Just to play early you have to spend a minimum of $25 usd for some stupid cosmetic shit with tiers going up to $100 USD...WTF. Not too optimistic rn...

Edited by colorfuljinsei