SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

I've been playing Fallout New Vegas quite a lot lately (now that I got it at least somehow playable, now it only crashes approximately once every hour whereas before it would crash once every ten minutes... yay progress!). I've been enjoying the setting and environment a lot and the story is definitely better and more interesting than in Fallout 4 that I've also been playing quite a lot. I'll also need to get Fallout 3 at some point, I've heard a lot of good about it so I want to try it out as well.

I'm a 180 hours deep into Monster Hunter World.... and the grind is fucking insane, but so addicting.

Taking a break from MHW to play Final Fantasy XV PC version that dropped yesterday, ready to throw at least another 100 hours into this version (probably more than that once user mods start trickling out over the next few months).

I'm playing Monster Hunter Word and replaying Metal Gear Solid 3 because someone reminded me of Ocelot killing bees by spinning guns.

I WAS in the middle of a playthrough of Final Fantasy VIII, but I got Princess Maker 5, and boy let me tell you... 5 takes a LOOOOOOOT longer to beat than the previous Princess Makers I’ve played lol

I’ve spent hours and hours and HOURS just trying to live vicariously through my daughter, raising her to be a pop sensation in a modern day Japan setting, giving her everything she could possibly need or want... only to have her turn around and absolutely hate me and belittle me because she is going through the dreaded... puberty...

I will say, it threw me off a bit when they first introduced the daughter going through puberty in the game! All the Princess Maker games take place in a fantasy setting, so I thought “OH MAYBE THIS GUY WHO IS TRYING TO KILL HER IN THE GAME (spoiler spoiler lol) PUT A SPELL ON HER TO MAKE HER LASH OUT SO I WILL LOWER MY GAURD?!”...nope..... just puberty lol

Anyone here tried out that Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon game that dropped recently? Saw a lot of reviews comparing it favorably to classic Castlevania games and I'm kinda eager to try it out

ATM i'm trying to fuck around with N64 emulation, and it's pretty surprising that the console's still so janky when it comes to emulating games, some of them still just won't run properly even now.. Wonder what's up with it, to my knowledge the PS1 was cracked pretty quickly and epsxe still holds up even today. Is it just that the N64's too complex to crack or what?

Playing MHW of course and Seasons After Fall , a little game i found on Steam. Very nice, love the soundtrack and the spirit of the game. (It's a very short game , about 7 hours , maybe less to finish ; so i'm taking my time.)

Spoiler

mt4js0.jpg

Best way to play the game :D

After spending 200 hours or so last year beating BOTW I got burnt out (just like FFXV). Now that the Linkle mod has come out I couldn't resist playing it again. I haven't tried Master mode or Champions' Ballad yet, so it's the perfect time to start a new file. I also have the Trails in the Sky trilogy to play (I played a small section on PSP for the 1st game years ago). I'm taking my time w/ both since it'll take a looong time to complete both of them at my pace.

Regular Overwatch for those sweet skins, PUBG now and then, having fun with Moonlighter (GET THIS GAME GUYS), Path of Exile and while both GREAT games, I'm kinda bored of FFXV and Nioh. Hope a I can finish them, tho. Will start Vampyr as soon as possible! any thoughts on it? heard it has great setting and roleplay elements, but the combat sucked ass

On 2/23/2018 at 4:57 AM, chocobuzz said:

I've been playing Fallout New Vegas quite a lot lately (now that I got it at least somehow playable, now it only crashes approximately once every hour whereas before it would crash once every ten minutes... yay progress!). I've been enjoying the setting and environment a lot and the story is definitely better and more interesting than in Fallout 4 that I've also been playing quite a lot. I'll also need to get Fallout 3 at some point, I've heard a lot of good about it so I want to try it out as well.

I've been wanting to try NV for a while, are you using any mods? There are TONS out there, do you have any recommendations?

F3 is a must play, if you are willing to thinker with mods aswell! it is LIGHT YEARS better than F4, trust me! from the setting to npcs, F3 is better in every single aspect!

On 6/2/2018 at 4:34 AM, Tokage said:

Anyone here tried out that Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon game that dropped recently? Saw a lot of reviews comparing it favorably to classic Castlevania games and I'm kinda eager to try it out

ATM i'm trying to fuck around with N64 emulation, and it's pretty surprising that the console's still so janky when it comes to emulating games, some of them still just won't run properly even now.. Wonder what's up with it, to my knowledge the PS1 was cracked pretty quickly and epsxe still holds up even today. Is it just that the N64's too complex to crack or what?

PS1 has an infinitely easier architecture to deal with than N64, yes. Even if they were part of the same gen, one is 64bits and the other is 32. But in any case it should be running pretty smoothly now, what games are giving you troube? just don't expect to it to run on the best quality, filters and such on toaster pc/phone configs like ps1 does, because it wont. But all the good classics should be pretty much 100% nowadays

Edited by chemicalpictures

14 hours ago, chemicalpictures said:

I've been wanting to try NV for a while, are you using any mods? There are TONS out there, do you have any recommendations?

F3 is a must play, if you are willing to thinker with mods aswell! it is LIGHT YEARS better than F4, trust me! from the setting to npcs, F3 is better in every single aspect!

I currently have 62 mods installed, mostly to just make the game's performance a bit more stable and to improve the graphics, visuals and immersion. I actually followed this modding guide a bit, it has a large variety of all kinds of mod recommendations and I found it very useful.

I'm currently only playing Final Fantasy 14. I haven't played an MMO in forever and this one has a lot of things I dislike (obligatory cut scenes...?) but I can't stop playing. 

I'll start playing through the KH series again next week, once we get a release date for the next game :D

I mustered the courage the finish NieR:Automata's ending E, after nearly 2 months...needless to say, I was emotionally wrecked. The whole game was downright the best gaming experience I ever had.

And Final Fantasy XV finally got mod support, so that is definitely gonna add to my 100 hours of playtime :D 

Personally, I'm not a gamer so I'm out of the modern gaming scene, but I'm into retro games.

Today I just beat Metal Gear Solid on extreme mode (3rd playthrough on extreme - Speed run / No Damage) but still missed the Big Boss rank just because I killed more than 25. :<

9Pgya18.png

Edited by nostalgia

I'm playing Starcraft 2 trilogy again, this time on brutal difficulty; and sometimes play against AIs to train my apm and micro. will buy Nova Covert Ops and try Mass Recall mod when my new PC arrives.

I've recently played through the Resident Evil 1 / Origins remaster, the Devil May Cry HD collection, the Dark Souls Remaster and currently Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD collection! Honestly this year I've been playing mostly re released titles I played as a kid loll.

Sometimes I break from whatever single player game and freshen it up with some rounds of EA UFC3 or Dragonball FighterZ.

On 6/21/2018 at 4:45 PM, nostalgia said:

Personally, I'm not a gamer so I'm out of the modern gaming scene, but I'm into retro games.

Today I just beat Metal Gear Solid on extreme mode (3rd playthrough on extreme - Speed run / No Damage) but still missed the Big Boss rank just because I killed more than 25. :<

9Pgya18.png

retrogamer +1. grown up with PS1 and PC-Engine but I'm only into rts and fps and shmup till now.

Basically, I can't play most of the 3D games because of motion sickness which totally sucks.

Only a few that I have no problem with playing. That's why I stick with 2D retro games. Usually, I barely play any games though. lol.

I just got back to playing MGR:R again in 4 years. No idea how I could beat the game on Revengeance mode with no damage back then.

YKqvzGq.jpg

Edited by nostalgia

I found this super cute game called Snake Pass and it's honestly one of the best things I've ever bought. It's a simple, colorful and fun little platformer game where you play as a snake and collect stuff. The controls feel a bit funny first but you get used to them fairly quickly. Though the gameplay itself is really simple, the level designs are well done and offer enough variety so the game doesn't feel too repetitive.

The graphics obviously aren't anything super amazing but for a simple little game like this they're still good enough. The music is really fun too.

zDHbHdV.jpg

Also the snake has such a derp face and it's just adorable.

Only now I got a PS4, so I'm catching on the classics right now. Started a Playthrough of Bloodborne, I'm now on the last boss, avoiding killing it till I buy the DLC and complete that, cuz NG+ is not really up my alley, and I also wanna invade some n00bs first. Freaking great game tho, brilliant level design (besides forbidden woods, fuck that place).

Also started The Last of Us, hoping it is as good as people say. That prologue was HEARTBREAKING

I personally consider The Last of Us the most overrated game in the history of video games. Good story that should've been made into a film, because it would've worked really well. The gameplay is embarrassingly boring.

8 hours ago, Bear said:

I personally consider The Last of Us the most overrated game in the history of video games. Good story that should've been made into a film, because it would've worked really well. The gameplay is embarrassingly boring.

I do hope it's more innovative than the first section till Joel meets Ellie, cuz that was indeed kinda boring, and kinda bugged aswell. It was funny to see enemies not acknowledging my npc friends running on their face cuz they hadn't detected me yet