SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

On 7/18/2017 at 10:34 PM, lichtlune said:

Finally got through the prologue of Nier Automata and got the first ending of the game. Really solid Soundtrack, Atmosphere, and Gameplay I liked it. Now to decide between either Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX (I've never played a kingdom  hearts game) or one of the tales of games. I've come to really love Action Jrpg's.

I ended up deciding on Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX. This series is proving much more difficult than I expected. I beat the first game and now I'm getting through Re:Chain of Memories. The card based system is interesting but feels needlessly challenging at times. I'm level 60 and getting my *** handed to me by axel at the end. I don't know if I'll be able to beat the game. I was just spamming sonic blade to get through most of the organization bosses and the RNG has dealt me a bad hand literally. As I have no stop cards for lethal frame attacks. I'm considering just watching cut scenes and moving onto Kingdom Hearts 2. 

My computer died last weekend and the only game I've installed on my laptop rn is Dungeon Siege 2, so I guess that'll be the only game I'll be playing until my new computer arrives. But damn, this used to be my favorite game when it was released and I still love it so much!

I just recently finished beating Sonic Mania and i just started the rage inducing eye candy that is Dark Souls 4- I mean cuphead. Cuphead is amazing...even though im getting my ass kicked. I recommend it to anyone who like contra and steamboat mickey animation.

gf and i have been stuck on bepis the clown & the candy land army , cuphead still owns tho

Edited by Tokage

Started playing The Evil Within 2 the day it came out and it's awesome so far as expected!! I'm playing in normal mode with no aim assist. I like all the new features they added to the gameplay. There are more crafting supplies to collect, a few different ways to kill enemies, and the upgrading levels are mapped like a molecular structure. There are also side missions now, which lessens the constant wtf-is-going-on moments. That was what I liked about the first one, but having the side missions gives you time to collect ammo and resupply so it's not a bad thing. Plus, there are more places that you can explore now. The enemies are a lot scarier and tougher, sometimes you have no choice but to sneak by them. I don't know if it's because of the first game but I learned how to play stealthier this time around lol. (i usually play kinda rash) One minor thing I'm a little disappointed about is the aim and shoot controls. I'm just so used to having R1 as the aim button and X as the shoot button, with the left analog as the aim move button. I believe that's how it was in the first one, or at least something similar. Now the buttons are L2 as aim and R2 as shoot, with the right analog as the aim move button. And I'm not really good at controlling the right analog, for aiming wise anyway, and I always accidentally press the wrong button to shoot, it's kinda frustrating........IDK that might just be me but I'm getting used to the controls now. At least there are mini-games that allows you to practice.

Edited by plastic_rainbow
nvm that, i finished the game last week and it was actually really easy even on normal mode :/ first game was so much better, but i still enjoyed playing the second one

I got my shiny platinum trophy for Dragon Quest XI last night. 10 weeks, in-game timer says 140 hours... ok I'm sure I left my PS4 on sometimes, or I was multitasking while playing so that inflated the hour count BUT STILL I feel like the game is waaaaay too long. Don't want to spoil things, but I'll just say that I had to re-explore a bunch of places and it made the game kinda repetitive. Overall, though, it's a really great classic-style JRPG.

I have a complaint about a minor thing called "marriage" in this game. Read this if you're not gonna play the game. Or even if you ARE going to play it, because it's such a minor thing.

Spoiler

Yes the hero can get married, however NO you cannot marry the hot girl in your party, you have to marry your "childhood friend" Emma, who barely appears in the game. And in order to get married, your only option is to finish one of "Nelson's trials", after which Nelson grants you a wish. You have 5 options, one of which is to get married. Nelson's like "Alright dude, I get it, every hero needs a family to protect, chuckle chuckle". And then, nothing happens, you continue your game. When you go back to your home village, nothing looks different, everyone you talk to just says "Hey congrats on your wedding" "Take care of your cute wife" and Emma is like "Hi honey, you look tired, wanna go to bed? *blush blush*". There is NO wedding ceremony, it's as if Nelson changed history to make it so you are married. IT'S REALLY WEIRD. Why the hell didn't the hero just propose like a normal dude? The girl is clearly already in love with him. Why did he waste a wish on this? (Also, I think they are supposed to be 16 years old ... ehhh...)

I suppose there's a possibility that it didn't turn out right because of the order I did things in? Because actually, you need to rebuild your village before you can get married, and I rebuilt it before I wished for marriage. But maybe it looks different if you wish for marriage before you rebuild it? Who knows...

After beating the game, there is a secret code you can enter to be awarded a digital copy of the original Dragon Quest for PS4. However, I can't get it, because I'm playing a Japanese game on my American account, and the game isn't on the American store. And I tried logging in to my Japanese account to redeem it, but it didn't work because I have to beat the game on that account first. I really hope that once the game comes out in English, I'll be able to redeem the code, otherwise fuck everything. (not like I would make time to play an ancient NES JRPG that I beat 20+ years ago, anyway?)

Alright, looking forward to my next big game...

giphy.gif

however stupidass Amazon.ca says they aren't going to ship it until Friday.  I've had this game pre-ordered for 1.5 YEARS!!! That's what I get for not being a Prime member..???

Edited by peffy

Amazon delivered South Park yesterday, I guess they just like to scare me with their inaccurate shipment/delivery estimates.
Played only 2 hours, but loving it so far. Even though I feel it's relying too much on fart/poop "jokes", and it's referencing a whole lot of episodes I haven't seen cuz I haven't watched South Park since I was a teenager. I like it for basically the same reasons I liked the first game.. nostalgia from the perfectly-rendered graphics/animation, plus decent/good RPG systems.

I just finished the single player campaign in Doom and I really loved everything about it except for the final boss. It was somehow just really... lame, I think. I was expecting something a bit more, I guess. Anyway, I'm replaying the missions now to get all the collectibles and secrets.

I also finally got a nintendo 2ds xl and started playing Pokemon Sun. I haven't gotten very far yet but I'm really enjoying it. It's also my first Pokemon game I've ever actually played... luckily though I have a friend who's a pro pokemon gamer so I can bother her with all my stupid questions lol.

On 10/16/2017 at 9:44 AM, peffy said:

however stupidass Amazon.ca says they aren't going to ship it until Friday.  I've had this game pre-ordered for 1.5 YEARS!!! That's what I get for not being a Prime member..???

@peffyYou have to let me know how that game is (as far as content, and if it is worth getting now, or until it is on sale).

Also, lol at not being a prime member. Do you guys not save on pre-orders for games with Prime? It's the only reason I can think of to not have it yet.

I started playing the Vampire Hunter D game on a psx emulator. The controls are rather clunky, after running into a wall or object the left and right controls become null so I have to use the back controls to get moving again. It especially sucks when you run into an enemy and get stuck cuz they just keep on attacking you......Also, not to mention that one of the boss enemies gives you damage just for running into you (not an attack) wtf. But other than that the gothic setting looks real nice. There are also voices in the dialogue and being a PS1 game we get the good old corny English dubs. I think I'll play the Japanese version on the second playthrough.

Just managed to pick up Pokken Tournament DX (Nintendo Switch) today. I played the demo and I liked it so I felt like investing dat £50. 

My only complaint is that it doesn't play like Tekken, which I'd have expected from Pokken, other than that no complaints :)

About six hours into Assassin's Creed Origins and holy shit I'm loving it so far. To be honest the environment and all that looks even better than I expected. I haven't gotten very far story-wise yet though because I've mostly just been wandering around and exploring and gushing over how good everything looks and taking way too many screenshots lol. I think the actual gameplay feels really smooth too, I'm really enjoying the mechanics of it.

Never got the Assassins Creed hype. Hated the first, hated the second and hated the third. I cannot name a single game with a more boring gameplay.

I do actually like the multiplayer game a lot, tho. Shame most people are too fucking dumb and immature to play it properly. Potential wasted.

I'm gonna look into Mega Maker sometime soon.. It's a fan project similar in style and structure to Nintendo's Super Mario Maker, except for the NES-era MM games. People can create their own stages and share them online for others to play. Of course it means a lot of Youtube-tier "hard for the sake of being hard" garbage levels are inevitably gonna be in there, but I feel like there's potential to do a lot of cool stuff as well.