SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

Final Fantasy x/x2 hd remastered came in the mail and I was playing X all day before work and I forgot how much I loved it. <3

Over a month later and still plugging away at Persona 5, I'm at the 70 hour mark and it just keeps going and going. I seriously can't believe how long it's taking to beat this. It's not like I'm playing on hard or anything... just normal difficulty and I've not been stuck majorly against any boss so far. I don't remember P4 taking this long to beat, I guess they didn't spend nearly 10 years developing this game for nothing, it's fat as fuck. the game itself is amazing as shit, I'm loving it so much.

that's it pretty much, I've put most of my other games on the back burner. I really want to beat P5 asap before I go back to playing Zelda and NieR Automata. There's no way I can let this game go unfinished XD It's funny though if this was a few years ago I probably would have already finished all three of those games by now... A job and multiple hobbies (anime, games, music, & gunpla) vying for your time really changes your perspective on time management.

i finally beat persona 5. that was WAY TOO LONG of a game. i can't invest that much time in video games anymore...let alone a 100+ HOUR GAME (i finished it in about 118 hours). it was still a good game overall, but the long gameplay made me rush towards the end, causing me to not fully enjoy the last half. the story had an interesting concept but i felt that it was weak in some places and the only coolest thing that ever happened was when makoto awakened her persona. i really liked some of the other characters too tho, like yusuke and futaba but hmmm i'm still having mixed feelings about this game. i think if the game was a bit shorter i'd be able to enjoy it more.

the soundtrack is A++ tho, as expected from shoji meguro.

Edited by plastic_rainbow

I started playing Danganronpa 2. I spent about 4 hours on the first trial... Either I'm slower and dumber than I thought, but I don't remember the trials being this long in the first game. Either way, it was challenging and I look forward to the rest of the game. This tropical island setting is awesome.

Edited by Platy

Anyone here played Nioh? I really want to try it out but I've heard that it's harder than Bloodborne or Dark Souls except I've never played any of those games lol....and I missed all the playable demos because I didn't know it existed back then. There's something about the samurai-esque and historical setting with yokai monsters that really captures me. I kinda miss those kinds of games.

I've gotten pretty excited about Skyrim again. I've finally gotten more into the modding thing and downloaded a lot of graphics mods, gameplay mods, story and quests mods, additional weapon and armor mods and all that kind of stuff... It almost feels like a new game after all that. And of course I also sometimes like to just try out some absolutely hilarious and stupid mods and just fuck around with the game. It's really incredible how do people come up with all these weird mods...

Aside from Skyrim, I've also started playing Dying Light and Just Cause 3 again. I finally got a better keyboard which makes Dying Light a lot more enjoyable to play and I finally got the settings of JC3 tweaked so that even my potato pc runs it at least somehow decently, so that's pretty great.

And, of course, I'm still playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 a lot. Gosh I love that game. I love trucks.

broforce-header.jpg

Been playing this with my friend lately. Simple, side-scrolling run 'n gun actioner with ultra-violence and lots of humor. It's as silly as it's fun, and the character rooster is amazing. I think these are the characters we've unlocked so far:

Rambro

Brommando

B. A. Broracus

Brodell Walker

Bro Hard

MacBrover

Brade

Bro Dredd

Bro In Black

Snake Broskin

Brominator

Brobocop

Indiana Brones

Ash Brolliams

Mr. Anderbro

The Boondock Bros

Brochete

Bronan the Brobarian

Ellen Ripbro

Time Bro

Broniversal Soldier

The Brocketeer

Dirty Brorry

If you are, like me, kinda into 80's, 90's and early 00's action heroes you'll know who all, or the majority, of these are. We're having lots of fun with this game, and it was cheap as fuck. Almost free. Totally worth it!

A Bro is a hypermasculine action hero-style commando, who fights terrorists and rescues his/her bro teammates and prisoners of war from captivity. Bros are parodies of the fictional pro- and antagonists of 80s and 90s action movies and TV series (with some more recent or older exceptions).

I've been playing RE7 together with my girlfriend lately. I think we're about halfway through the game now or something like that. I can kind of understand why some people criticized the game when it came out, but to be honest I'm loving the hell out of it. I gotta admit tho, Invincible Dad felt creepier than Weird Bug Mom. The latter only gave me Forbidden Siren vibes.

Other than that, I've also been replaying Crash Bandicoot 2 for the umpteenth time. Game NEVER gets old for me, honestly one of my all-time fav platforming games. 

I started playing Papers Please.

The concept was executed perfectly, sorting through people's documents and deciding their fate is actually a lot of fun. Gotta make some tough decisions though, if I want my in-game family to survive. I think I got 2 endings so far. 

I will be playing episode Prompto once it's released, really looking forward to it. 

I just finished Dragon Quest 8, the last DQ game out of the first 8 I beat. 4 and 7 are still my all-time favorite, i'm not sure where i'd rank it. It's definitely not the best one in the series though

So I was playing the port of Vanquish for steam when it first released a month ago.

It was very awesome to play, but I felt it was a tad harder to play than I remembered.

I then find out it was a bug with the framerate determining the incoming damage.

So I didn't suck at it ok lol

Beat FFXV finally. It was very anticlimactic.

Was hoping for.....more....memorable. 

Tried this game the other day. I was already very, very familiar with the soundtrack which is amazing, but the gameplay was really fucking nice. Will start playing through this game next week.

And that soundtrack, boiz. Holy fuck!

Currently playing Fallout 3, which my girlfriend gave me a download code for. I had it for PS3, but decided to play it on my Xbox one again through the download code. 

I also play a lot of Battlefield One and am planning to get the They Shall Not Pass DLC. 

I love historical games, especially WW1 and WW2 games, and even though I've had an intense grudge against CoD after MW3, I'm going to get CoD WW2 as it looks interesting. 

I also have Verdun but I don't play it much because it's ded on Xbox one. 

The game I've put most time into is GTA Online. And yet I'm still broke and can't afford the fun shit. Kinda makes those fan theories about the game being dystopian seem true. 

I'm slogging through Tales of Berseria.. I should be nearing the end of the story, but man.... I think my biggest issue with it is backtracking. So many instances of having to go back to a town or dungeon you've been to before. And progress is slowed by my insistence on picking up every glowy spot (random junk item), Katz spirit (junk currency), and randomly re-filled treasure chest. I can't just speed through an old area, I have to re-explore it fully to make sure I get everything. Also, I believe I've become a "casual" gamer in my old age. I can't bring myself to learn the battle system properly (and Zestiria/Berseria are both particularly bad about having overcomplicated systems), I just want the battles over with as quickly as possible.

HOWEVER, I am seriously in love with Magilou <3 And maybe Rokurou too, he got pretty hot when I made him wear the slicked-back ponytail & glasses.. Also it's refreshing to play a JRPG where your goal is NOT to save the world, but rather to kill some people by any means necessary.

Spoiler

Though, the way things are going, we might end up saving the world in some way? Pretty funny that the villains remind me of Assassin's Creed-style Templars, who want to control the population with religion and "order" and taking away free will.

Still maintaining a high level of hype for Dragon Quest XI, which is out at the end of this month. Very miffed that the price (9698 yen) is above the 9200 yen I have sitting in my Japanese PSN account, which means I have to buy another overpriced 1000-yen code. 

On 7/1/2017 at 1:41 PM, YuyoDrift said:

Beat FFXV finally. It was very anticlimactic.

Was hoping for.....more....memorable. 

I'm surprised it took you that long. I haven't touched the game since .. December... in the middle of Chapter 3. I do "intend" to finish it, one day. You know, after they "finish" patching in story bits..

Also, I still haven't watched the movie. Hahaha.

Edited by peffy

Been focusing on FPS recently. lots of CS:GO and PUBG mainly, but will fix me some Overwatch as soon as Doomfist leaves PTR, he sounds fun!

Lots of Dead Cells aswell, one of the best roguelikes around, definitely a must pick. Doesn't even look like it's still in EA.

Started Always Sometimes Monsters and looks like a hell of a slice of life experience, so far.

Edited by chemicalpictures

Persona 5, I think I am 16 hours in and judging by the achievement progress, I am only 10% in WTF. I played persona in the PSP and a full first playthrough was 80 hours. This is gonna be slog fest as the tone of the game already feels like some anime marathon.

9 hours ago, peffy said:

I'm surprised it took you that long. I haven't touched the game since .. December... in the middle of Chapter 3. I do "intend" to finish it, one day. You know, after they "finish" patching in story bits..

Well if I had not lost interest in the game like I did, then I would have finished it the first month.

I took time off to take a crack at my backlog of games, seeing as my school semester was during finals around that time.

The patches, and the weird DLC kind of put me off finishing it until, as you mentioned, they fix all their mistakes.

Then I just never went back to it. 

I think I just burnt myself out on the grinding 24/7 the first week.

Right now I'm on SNES/PS1 ROMs and light PC gaming with legacy titles (Vanquish/Bayonetta/Indies). Most of the time I'm on the go with my Mac Air, so emulators work very well.

Any legacy titles you recommend?

Only game I wish I could go back to is Witcher 3.

I just don't know if I'll have the time with school. FML.

9 hours ago, peffy said:

Also, I still haven't watched the movie. Hahaha.

Now that's just sad lol

Edited by YuyoDrift
I can't spell