SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

Been playing Cursed Castle/Maldita Castilla lately. Very nice throwback to the Makaimura (aka Ghosts 'n Goblins) franchise that seems to be influenced by Spanish folklore to some extent if I'm not wrong. The aesthetics and soundtrack both capture that Sega Genesis-era atmosphere PERFECTLY, and the difficulty is actually also pretty on point in my opinion.  Worth looking into for anyone into retro-style games, especially since the original version can be downloaded for free on the dev's website

Nier:Automata is just ........ holy hell man, I haven't played a game so ........ so god damn good in a long time.

I can't even tell you how I feel playing this game, because I have forgotten you could even feel  like this in a game.

Not even FFXV could pull me in like this.

I think this may be one of the best games I have ever played.

EVERYTHING in this game feels so .... human (Ironically we play as androids and the world is full of robots).

Taro-Kun's storytelling is so captivating.

Edited by YuyoDrift
The Game's OST is beautiful, and 2B is just marvelous.

I've been playing the sims 3 a lot recently. I fell in love with pose packs and managing 18 sims in a house is a lot of work lol

On 10.3.2017 at 1:38 PM, あなたはもう一度やった said:

Do you have any of the dlc or any modded weapons?

sorry, didn't see this earlier.
yes, like I said, I own all the DLC for at least Borderlands and Borderlands 2. I think there is one or two missing for TPS.
But I don't use any modded weapons, I didn't even know they exist, I'm sorry^^"

17 hours ago, Panda_bear said:

Working my way through the mass effect series. Finished the 1st one and I'm on to the 2nd installment. 

Should do the same someday soon. Always wanted to play this series. 

Halo 5 - I don't know why I'm playing this, it's not like Halo 3 / Reach but rather a disappointment but I don't know what I should play.

Got back to TTT2 after a long time and dude, I'm so rusty that I got my ass kicked really hard on a few online fights. Need to fix this asap. 

Started Hollow Knight yesterday and I'm completely addicted. What a good game. I may be biased cuz metroidvania is my favorite genre, but this game is way too good. Great, beautiful aesthetics, controls, nice level design, hard combat, interesting story... If you like the genre this is a no brainer

Started Deus Ex HR for the second time, I've never went really far the first time playing. Having to stealth everyone is fun, but gets tiring sometimes. Sometimes I just wanna shoot a motherfucker in the face, but the diminished exp results are not really encouraging...

Horizon Zero Dawn: holy cow. I'm so hooked by the story I just want to know what happened (I'm near the end tho :/). I do admit, I cried a lot xDD #myemotions

Ghost Recon: so much fun, I love the game, except the "stop the car mission", so annoying when you start running to the mission point when actually the car is taking the opposite way xD I do have so minor bugs tho, for example I can't open the drone or the glasses (or I can't remove it, so I'm stuck with it until it runs out of battery -_-).

BoTW: would love to start at last, but I'm waiting for a wii u pro controller (I can't play with the gamepad; usually I'm not that difficult but I can't reach the inventory and the Sheikah tablet so easily with my hand xDD I have to watch while doing it and it could be critical depends the moment). Still pissed they didn't use the gamepad for inventory tho (+ the game doesn't accept no name controller and I'm pissed (I've bought one in my local store who looks exactly like the Dualshock, and it's not working with the game and the local store refuse to refund me because it's an internet order but retrieve in store. And in my account it is said "no past orders". lol).

:/ So, I'm still in the prelude stage. xD

And soon...PERSONAAAAA. It will be my first Persona (unless you count Persona Q, great 3DS game).

I don't normally post in this topic because Overwatch is life but after four days and twenty hours of playing it almost nonstop and having to force myself to log into Overwatch to rank up some, I've realized just how bloody brilliant NieR:Automata is. Like holy fucking hell, it's probably the best Japanese RPG I've played in some time...maybe even ever. The way it plays with genres as well as it does my expectations, the world building, 2B and her animations, the frantic bullet hell sections that keep my hands sweating...I haven't played a game this compelling in years. No one gets off Yoko Taro's crazy ride until he says so. It scratches the itch I had for a non open-world RPG with some story and more conventional elements. It's a better game than the last five Final Fantasy titles I picked up and Square Enix published this on a budget. I want DLC. I need DLC.

23 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I've realized just how bloody brilliant NieR:Automata is. Like holy fucking hell, it's probably the best Japanese RPG I've played in some time...maybe even ever. The way it plays with genres as well as it does my expectations, the world building, 2B and her animations, the frantic bullet hell sections that keep my hands sweating...I haven't played a game this compelling in years. No one gets off Yoko Taro's crazy ride until he says so. It scratches the itch I had for a non open-world RPG with some story and more conventional elements. It's a better game than the last five Final Fantasy titles I picked up and Square Enix published this on a budget. I want DLC. I need DLC.

Now this is something we can agree on.

You playing on console, or PC?

You think the constant 60FPS on PC is worth upgrading my GTX950? lol

I play exclusively on PC since I gave up consoles around the PS2/XBOX era (not of my own choice).

Check if your GTX950 can play it. I'm not the best person to ask since my graphics card is the size of a small engine and it handles anything I can throw at it. The game scales wonderfully though, so you might squeeze by on Medium with no problems. I have it on high and what slowdown does happens is attributed to the engine.

FYI the 60fps is a hard cap for games only. All screens are pre-rendered at 20 to 30 fps which makes my 144hz monitor sad. I need them to just unlock frame rates in some fashion so I can fight at 144...but that might make the game too easy.

Since finishing FFXV, I have been playing Breath of the Wild. I have high hopes but low expectations, since I have never been a Zelda fan (frankly, I've found most of them fairly dull). The story is pretty stale, but man, exploring is just plain fun. Nier has been sitting on my shelf waiting to be played as well at the moment....talk about an abundance of riches. 

I just got my copy of :wan-08:Ryu ga gotoku 6 (aka Yakuza 6):wan-08:yesterday and played for about 2 hours before I reeeeally had to go to sleep. I also had a migraine while playing. :(

After about 45 minutes of non-stop intro cutscenes (seriously...) I finally got to walk around some of Kamurochou.

Holy hell, the changes & improvements in the graphics and menus are immediately stunning. Especially after being stuck with the same engine and similar-looking menus for the SIX previous games in the series I've played. (3, 4, 5, Ishin, 0, Kiwami).

- They FINALLY added auto-saving. It's quick and seamless. No more running to phone booths (which, by the way, no longer exist), no more watching that save progress bar fill up TWICE every time you save.

- There is literally zero load time going into battles. When you run into random thugs, the screen gets tinted blue for a half-second (to tell you you're entering a battle), and the punches start flying immediately. There is also zero load time when walking into restaurants and stores, it is all completely seamless.

- They have re-arranged some places on the map, which is a shock since 3, 4, and 5 basically had the exact same Kamurochou map.

- The main menu/pause menu is literally a Sony Xperia phone (looks exactly like my phone). If you get a text message (used for tutorial tips so far), you can read it and continue walking around at the same time. (Kiryu will look at his phone while walking)

- You can now purchase drinks from pretty much every vending machine (these drinks will give temporary stat boosts). Kiryu will walk around holding the can, and if you hold down Circle he will drink it. You can also partially drink it and continue walking around with it because why not.

- Apparently everything is voiced now. No more reading text boxes, or weird transitions between text-only and voiced dialogue.

AMAZING THINGS THAT HAPPENED IN MY 1 HOUR OF FOOLING AROUND IN KAMUROCHOU

- Some idiot wanted to fight me. I lured him INTO a nearby convenience store and proceeded to beat his ass INSIDE THE CONVENIENCE STORE. I knocked over some shelves (oops) and bashed his face into the checkout counter. Then I bought cup noodles from the poor employee who'll have to clean up that mess.

- Kiryu will BREAK SHIT that's sitting on the streets, just by walking/running into them. Including bicycles, motorbikes, signs, trash cans... pretty amazing for a series that never let you touch anything if you weren't in combat. I spent a few minutes totally wrecking a side street just for the hell of it.

-  I walked into a cafe and discovered that Kiryu will also BREAK SHIT indoors, including tables and chairs. I destroyed this cafe and terrified the customers. Oops. I passed by this cafe a bit later only to find it "closed for repairs". Lol. I came back later to find it open for business as usual. Then I wrecked it again. Lol.

- It seems like it's more common for thugs to attack you with weapons. It also seems easier to make them drop the weapons. Some fool came at me with a sledgehammer. I got him to drop it, then I picked it up and used it to destroy his buddies.

BAD THINGS I NOTICED

- Strangely, the default walking speed is just walking. Hold down X to dash, but stamina is limited. There's no default "jogging" speed.

- I walked into one cabaret club, and was impressed that they gave me FIVE girls to choose from. However they weren't all that attractive.. in fact I would call a couple of them straight-up ugly. But that was just a still image, maybe they look better in motion?

- I couldn't find the UFO catcher mini-game in the Sega arcades ?!?!?! Maybe it's somewhere else.

- I haven't been able to knock over pedestrians yet. It's VERY IMPORTANT TO ME to knock over pedestrians. I hope it's still in the game.

- Once again, Sega has blocked me from taking screenshots/videos. Sega pls.

- This is "Kiryu's final chapter", but I really hope they keep making these games with another protagonist. Or more samurai-era games. I need this new engine to be used in more games. NEED.

~

tl;dr I want to take vacation from work just to play more of this. English-only Yakuza fans will likely be in for a treat when this comes out in English next year.

Edited by peffy

Started playing Odallus: The Dark Call today. 40 minutes in and it's totally neat. Like a mix of Castlevania og Metroid, with a brilliant soundtrack on top. It's nothing revolutionary, but so far it's a real fun action-adventure platformer.

aqueducts.gif

Edited by Bear

^

Have that one sitting around on my PC, probably gonna have to get around to playing it soon, it seems to be exactly the kind of stuff I love

I've been playing a lot of TF2 again for some reason. Say what you want bout the game now that it's gone F2P, but I still find myself having fun just fine 

6 minutes ago, Tokage said:

^

Have that one sitting around on my PC, probably gonna have to get around to playing it soon, it seems to be exactly the kind of stuff I love

Was the same with me. Bought it 4-5 months ago or something, but I've only played Rocket League since then and haven't found the time to play this. But I've found out that playing an online, competetive game like Rocket League while drinking isn't a good idea, so today I decided to start on this while getting drunk. So far, so fucking good. Excellent so far!

Also have a lot of other games I'll have to play which I bought right before christmas or so. But Rocket League have prevented me from doing so :P

Started playing Final Fantasy XV and call me crazy if you want but so far I think that FF XIII is way better. The main problem with XV is that the story doesn't make you feel anything, it's tasteless. There's hardly anything interesting that catches your attention, you just have to follow the objectives and see what happens next. Can't say I'm not enjoying it but definitely not as much as I enjoyed XIII, for example. I don't know what's to blame, really. Maybe the messy open world concept that I find useless. But oh well, I will keep on going till the end of it and see how things evolve.

On 3/25/2017 at 7:01 PM, Tokage said:

I've been playing a lot of TF2 again for some reason. Say what you want bout the game now that it's gone F2P, but I still find myself having fun just fine 

Must have been a while since you last played, I think it went free to play like 6 years ago ahahah