SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

Final Fantasy XV,  post-game is pretty fun in this game, I'm pleased :D Working my way up to Lvl.99 and doing all the optional bosses and dungeons, as well as the platinum trophy. Can't wait for the carnival DLC later this month 

Started a new playthrough of Darkest Dungeon, I'm on week 40 and kinda tired of the constant grind. I think they overuse the bullshit moments for artificial difficult, and the progress is slowed unecessarily. May not finish it.

Started Trails in the Sky too, looking good so far, the characters are trope-y, but they have heart. Some dialogues/reactions genuinely suprises me. The PC port is really lame tho, could've be much better optimized.

Tons of Overwatch and some Division DZ to top it off

going through some unfinished games and right now it's Dark Cloud. i stopped playing it for almost a year lol. it kinda pisses me off when my weapons break and i have to restart, ugh. it's always too risky to go through more than two dungeon floors without saving. also, the idea of synthesizing weapons is pretty cool but it starts to get annoying when you rarely receive any gems and attachments to level them up. then you have to go through each dungeon floor over again hoping that they'd pop up in treasure chests. OR you can also buy them, except they're a bit costly and it doesn't help that the enemies only drop like 50g or less. i'm obviously just trying to finish this game now lol. i'm already clocking in at almost 50 hours and nearing the final boss so i'm gonna make myself finish it.

So I wasn't supposed to buy any games this month, because I'm saving my moniez for the Nintendo switch launch here in a few weeks.... but I just couldn't resist and a week after release I finally caved in and bought Nioh. I had to do it, I just couldn't stop worrying about spoilers and hearing other peoples impressions. I'm so glad I caved because it's so good, like seriously good... man team ninja did a solid on this one :D

the next problem is I really want to get For Honor as well.... but I'm gonna resist. I hope.

Recently picked up Final Fantasy 6 again, it's still as great as ever. Still has the best game soundtrack imo, and I'm not even one of those FF diehard fans 

Started playing Megadimension Neptunia VII. It packs a lot of content but man its incredibly tedious dialogues makes me skip half the cut scenes (and in doing so, barely anything develops). So much moe moe & teehee talk. I guess this is what I get for buying it from the steam sale. :P 

For Honor is pretty much Dark Souls 1 PVP on steroids .... and with NO MAGIC at all. Considering how I dumped like 1000 hrs in Dark Souls, 800 of which was dedicated to PVP, this was a no brainer after trying out the gameplay. Hopefully the community stays for the long run

Been playing Titanfall 2 for a bit.

Had to stop b/c it keeps crashing after the 2nd or 3rd mission. Anyone know why?

Played Borderlands 2 for a bit too.

Its Meh. I'll try it again this weekend and see if it's worth trying still.

Playing Zero Time Dilemma for the PSVita since it was on sale for $20 on Amazon.

Very weird game, but I like that decision and see results aspect of the game.

Definitely re-playable.

On 2/24/2017 at 0:41 PM, YuyoDrift said:

Been playing Titanfall 2 for a bit.

Had to stop b/c it keeps crashing after the 2nd or 3rd mission. Anyone know why?

Never had that issue, I'm actually on my 2nd playthrough currently on the 5th mission. Can you please post the specs of the PC? Maybe I can help troubleshoot your issues. Also let me know what OS you're running.

atm I'm addicted to Wolfenstein - The New Order.
Didn't want to spend so much money when it was released in 2014 and finally it was cheap enough for me. Worth the wait, I love it.

I also play all the Borderlands games although I've finished the stories and all the dlcs several times, it's still fun

On 2/25/2017 at 9:08 PM, Flame-X said:

Can you please post the specs of the PC?

Actually it's on PS4 lol

With that said though, I deleted and reinstalled Titanfall 2 to see if it would fix it. Seemed to have worked.

Just got done with the story actually last night, and I was pretty impressed.

The way they submerse you into the story, coupled with the smooth transitional gameplay that ties into it, I was hooked.

Gonna have my brother download and play the game and see what he thinks.

Then we can merk people in PVP lol

It's been awhile..

Dragon Quest Builders

I beat this on Jan 22.. hmm from what I remember, I had quite a good time with it, aside from some slightly annoying quirks. Also, it helped that I knew ahead of time that your progress is basically not carried over between chapters. It sounds like a weird choice, but sort of makes sense in the context of the game and the way crafting is set up.

Gone Home

This will be THE LAST first-person game I ever play. Omg I felt so sick about 5 minutes into it. Thankfully it is a short game, and I managed to rush through it until the ending. But I had to spend a couple of hours after that trying not to puke. I guess I am just not cut out for first-person.

Lego Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin

Had no idea what Ninjago was, I just got this cuz it was cheap and an easy platinum. It was fine, typical Lego game, whatever.

Azkend 2

Fairly crappy "puzzle" game, free with PS plus. Meh. I beat the story and put it away.

Ryu ga gotoku Kiwami (Yakuza Kiwami)

Finally got around to this game. I got super pumped for this after seeing the amazingly positive Western reaction to Yakuza 0. I'm sad to report that it felt more like a poor man's copy of 0, but I guess that's to be expected since it's just a remake of the original game (though I assume it had some extra substories patched in). The battle mechanics are basically the same as 0, except you don't get to play as Majima this time. Instead, Majima harasses you every 5-10 minutes and you have to fight him a million times. Now, I love Majima, but this got kind of annoying towards the end of the game, especially cuz he gets like 6 health bars. Felt so sad when my reaction to hearing "KIRRRRRYU CHAAAAA~~N" deteriorated from "YES MAJIMA!" to "shit, run away run awaaaay". Except in some cases you cannot run away. Also felt bad to make Kiryu stomp on his face 400 times.. No wonder Majima is insane.

The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone/Blood and Wine

This is what I'm playing right now. The amazing adventures of Geralt, who opens and loots every sack/box/chest possible. Geralt, who is carrying about 800 mugs of alcohol for no apparent reason. Also has 200 chicken legs that miraculously never spoil (gonna assume that's sorceress magic). It will take me weeks to finish this, after which I will purchase and play the shit out of Ryu ga gotoku 6 which I am sure is one of the greatest games of all time. .. ? I hope.

My latest video-game addiction is SWTOR, but I am planning to play Mass Effect: Andromeda when it comes out (Bioware is going great nowadays)

Currently exploring some oldies and playing LOTR: The Two Towers on Dolphin. The last stages of this game are fucking impossible to beat, I don't know how I did to get to the last level as a kid. Great game though, absolutely enjoyable even though it pisses the shit outta me lol.

Edited by Visutox

On 24/02/2017 at 6:41 PM, YuyoDrift said:

Played Borderlands 2 for a bit too.

Its Meh. I'll try it again this weekend and see if it's worth trying still.

Personally I think it's good, but then again, me and Craig did co-op and it might've been more fun that way. However, I do think it's funny and the DLCs are super entertaining. 

On 2/26/2017 at 8:13 AM, -Tetsu- said:

I also play all the Borderlands games although I've finished the stories and all the dlcs several times, it's still fun

Do you have any of the dlc or any modded weapons?

Finally had some spare time to play my copy of Nier: Automata last night.

Well, "play" is not the word I'd use, since I spent my first 1/2 hour learning the combos, adjusting settings, and admiring 2B's figure (While earning a trophy for doing "things" lol).

As for the gameplay, I'm impressed.

Who knew I missed bullet hell/shoot 'em ups that much.

Combining FFXV's hack-n-slash style of move-set, with a touch more in controls, this definitely sets the bar in terms of precision.

I'm actively playing a lot of different games right now...

Gravity Rush 2

Trying to find the time to finish this game. I really love this series, but it's definitely being overshadowed by more recent games.

Nioh

Love this one to death, such good combat and challenging mechanics. It's probably gonna be a while before I finish it though, not really on the top of my list to play atm.

Horizon Zero Dawn

Fucking Good shit right here! Talk about making a good open world game that doesn't bog you down with a bunch of checklist type fetch quests, just a solid open world RPG that's trimmed all the tedious awful practices of most other games in the same genre.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild

Yeah this is the one that's taking most of my time and attention right now...  All I can say is the six year wait was worth it, they really delivered what a lot of fans have been clamoring for for a very long time. This is pretty much a reinvention of Zelda in the best way possible and it just works. Somehow they made an open world that just feels alive and is absolutely gigantic in scale but doesn't feel empty or boring. BotW's open world is really a industry marvel as far as I'm concerned, It feels so well thought out and just captivating that I boot the game up and without any direction or plan I just get lost doing random shit for hours that actually feels fun and memorable.

Persona 4 Golden

Doing a max social link play through right now in preparation for P5. probably the second most played game right now next to Zelda just because P5 is less than 3 weeks away (I can't believe it either lol) and obviously I want to be done in time for launch. Also it is a undubbed ver. of the game being played on my CFW vita, Japanese voice actors are too good XD

2017 is legit going down as one of the greatest years for video games, this first quarter alone is just unreal with how many quality games that have come out, even more than the ones I just mentioned. 2017 truly the year of dreams :lol:

P.S. I'm still playing FFXV from time to time, especially for the new timed quests. I'm super hype for the Gladiolus DLC later this month!

P.S.S. NieR Automata PC release in 4 days! I'm so fucking hype, but holy shit, there's no time! I'm gonna have to either quit my job or stop sleeping to keep up with all these amazing games!

Finally finished FFXV - Really enjoyed it. I have some major problems with the delivery off the story (it could have used about double the cutscenes it had), but overall I thought the game was excellent. Probably the most fun combat system of any FF I've played. I pretty much cleared out all of the quests I could before finishing the game, so I don't have too much left to do. Only have 4 trophies left to get so I am going to try and Platinum the game.