SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

My friend completed it a couple of days ago and said the story left him completely clueless. He doesn't understand most of what happened. I told him to watch Kingsglaive before playing and he didn't listen.

I hope the patches and updates will make the confused players a little more satisfied!

3 hours ago, chemicalpictures said:

http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xv-patch-will-add-more-story-improve-cha-1789773804

y'all might hold your horses when near chapter 13 for a more complete experience

1 hour ago, Platy said:

My friend completed it a couple of days ago and said the story left him completely clueless. He doesn't understand most of what happened. I told him to watch Kingsglaive before playing and he didn't listen.

I heard about this.

Is that the reason why?

I'm not there yet, but I heard people complain about that chapter.

FFXV here too. Late to the discussion since I've been doing nothing but playing the game. Can't remember what chapter I'm in but I think I'm level 57 or something. We actually didn't download the first day patch to correct all the glitches, so I've had a few funny moments in the game so far.

On 12/5/2016 at 8:26 AM, orange~ said:

Ignis is really annoying tho.

How dare you~~

Iggy is like the least annoying character. Ignis lights my panties on fire~

Also I second that fishing is addictive. I think I'm decent at it as well. Have been beating all the fish-bosses (?) so far.

Still addicted to Overwatch, although I admit I'm a bit upset with myself on missing out on the immediate, intense Final Fantasy XV loving. Still, I'm enjoying a heck of a lot of hours on Overwatch, and going through having fun and making the most of each and every hero I randomly manage to become good at. First it was D.Va, then Reaper, and now Sombra and Symmetra. I have high hopes in what else Blizzard will implement for the game, praying and hoping for a campaign mode some day maybe, or at least a movie. Super excited for more maps and heroes at least!

I've started playing Kaizo Mario World. Well, this was fucking annoying. Playing it on a SNES emulator with a fucking 360 gamepad. I like the 360 gamepad a lot, but the D-pad just isn't very good on this gamepad. It's not very presise at all. Doesn't help that the game is hard as fuck, and I am not close enough to being good enough to play it. Yet I play it. This game will surely be my death.

Finished Super Bomberman again yesterday, though. Such a good game. Short, but really sweet.

@Bear: There are far, far better Mario World romhacks out there that are 10x more worth playing than Kaizo Mario tbqh, just naming JUMP! as an example of a pretty recent, fun and creative one. In fact, i'd go as far as to say it's one of the best ones I've ever played: https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=14495

These are examples of other collab hacks worth checking out as well if you're interested: https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=14756 https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=11254

I'm really envious of little children. I really am.

Struggled like shit in FFXV to get to level 48-50 on my characters, and I've been playing little by little since day one.

My nephew has been playing for 5 days, and he's level 70.

At least I have my Ultima Blade and he doesn't :P

BTW, I officially love this battle system.

I put in WORK and got my shiny platinum for World of Final Fantasy. Took about 75 hours. Great game, except the last boss is kinda bullshit and I had to look up a cheesy strategy to beat it.

Started playing Hitman Go, it's a pretty cool puzzle game. 

Also inching my way through FFXV. My desire to play took a big hit when I saw the news about the upcoming patches. I'm only in Chapter 3 (just reached the city) and wow they really did drop the ball with storytelling. And the game has that open-world problem of the main story not gelling with sidequests. 

Early spoilers:

Spoiler

Noctis has just found out that his father is dead and his kingdom has been usurped. His fiancee is reported to be dead. You'd think he'd be a bit more concerned about what's happening, but oh hang on I need to save these chocobos, I need to go fishing, I need to hunt monsters because no one thought to give THE GODDAMN PRINCE enough money (which, by the way, seems like needlessly putting the heir to the kingdom in danger), I need to wander around and find ingredients for this diner cook, I need to take a leisurely drive to a meteor thing for sight-seeing because ... just because?

Anyway, I get it, it's a video game. Feels like they really took the criticisms of FFXIII to heart, in that being a group on the run means they can't visit towns and the dungeon design absolutely MUST be straight hallways. So they went in the compete opposite direction. Fuck story, let's just make this a fun game to play. Looks like a lot of work went into the bromance aspect, and I do appreciate the 4 dudes' relationship, but it kind of doesn't make sense to be happening with the main story stuff hanging over their heads.

... well, I'm still early in the game, maybe my view of this will change.

Also I want to mention how the game is kind of scary. The first dungeon was a little creepy. Much creepier than anything I remember in other FFs. And the "Arachne" monsters that pop up at night sound like women getting murdered. WTF. I didn't want to camp cuz I was saving up experience, so I decided to run to a fishing spot and fish all night. I passed some Arachne on the way there and they were just SCREAMING the entire time I was fishing. .... I had to mute the volume...

6 minutes ago, peffy said:

I didn't want to camp cuz I was saving up experience, so I decided to run to a fishing spot and fish all night.

Pro tip:

Go do ALL the Chocobo missions.

Once that is done, there will be a food item that gives you 50% more EXP. Go farm until you get some good numbers (I usually go up to 75-150k).

Then, go all the way down to the Galadin Quay hotel, and stay the night (you get x2 EXP). Hopefully you preordered from Amazon (Half price everything in game DLC).

It costs 10,000 Gil (but 5k with that perk).

Since I now have a PS Vita, I've spent what money I got from Christmas on a few games on sales for the system, since otherwise they're around £35 each outside of this bargain. I got two of them specifially because of seeing them getting awards on game sites I reguarly visit, so first up is Root Letter, which I'm expecting great things from. It being a mystery visual novel, and already knowing how well done and effective they can be, I'm sure the praise this game has is well deserved. That's on the sideline for now, to make way for the other games I got at the same time, one being... Gal*Gun: Double Peace. The other Vita game that got an award for best game this year, I'm completely embarrassed I purchased this in person at my local game store. X'D 

My remaining hope is in Senran Kagura: Estival Versus, which I'm actually really enjoying. I'm so surprised with myself. It really reminds me of Musou games. The combat is that repetitive, hack and slash a hoard of enemies in a group, ranging from easy to hard styles. There's 28 ladies to fight with, and there's even a multiplayer mode I'm excited in trying. I haven't even played it that long but I have many more baes now I'm already loving it. What a guilty pleasure. And the last game I got is Valkyria Drive.

0:53: But.. aren't they sisters?

Yet another possible regrettable buy. 

Not like I should've known with the anime...

^omfg i randomly saw a gameplay of gal gun on youtube once and it looks weird and ecchi af lol.

i started The Last Guardian yesterday and it looks amazing as expected!! so happy to be able to finally play it. i can't even begin to explain how amazing it is because it's really all about the experience. if you've played ICO and Shadow of the Colossus before though you can expect something similar. it's so hard to put the game down once i start.

Edited by plastic_rainbow

9 minutes ago, plastic_rainbow said:

^omfg i randomly saw a gameplay of gal gun on youtube once and it looks weird and ecchi af lol.

i started The Last Guardian yesterday and it looks amazing as expected!! so happy to be able to finally play it. i can't even begin to explain how amazing it is because it's really all about the experience. if you've played ICO and Shadow of the Colossus before though you can expect something similar. it's so hard to put the game down once i start.

YEP. My GOTY personally. it's just such a 'special' game that you just have to experience it for yourself.

#worththewait

Just downloaded and played one of the free games for PS Plus this month, Titan Souls.

I'm not gonna lie, I've yelled pretty hard from being instakilled, it's that aggravating.

This game has pissed me off more than I could handle, and for a split moment, I wanted to chuck my Vita across the room from full on rage-quiiting.

On 12/20/2016 at 11:44 AM, YuyoDrift said:

Hopefully you preordered from Amazon (Half price everything in game DLC).

It costs 10,000 Gil (but 5k with that perk).

.............................. WHAT??? Was that part of the "road trip" thing? I didn't bother with that because it looked like it was for US only. I pre-ordered from Amazon Canada.

The only things I got were a Chocobo skin for the car, and Masamune (which became useless after about 30 minutes, or is there something good about it that I don't know?)

God damn it

But thx for the tip. I stopped playing just after I got the chocobo.

Yes, I put down FFXV and will probably not play it again until they release the "story" update and the Chapter 13 fixes. I am not a happy customer, especially when even the freaking PSN store has already put it on sale for slightly less than what I paid for it ($53 vs $56). Never pre-order, indeed.

So instead of FFXV, I went back to Divinity: Original Sin and finished it. The final boss battles were not too hard (well, it was on Easy), but somewhat nerve-wracking because I encountered a save bug early into the final dungeon, which prevented me from saving... I could've "fixed" it by loading an earlier save, but by the time I realized it had happened, I didn't want to re-start the dungeon. Annoying puzzles in there, even with the walkthrough I was following *smirk*

Over in Vita land, I got platinum trophy for Hitman Go (had to look up Youtube solutions for some levels... no shame), and also got platinums in Code Realize and Amnesia: Memories. Those 2 are visual novels that I imported from Japan and finished, only for both of them to get translated to English and put on Playstation Plus in short order. You damn right I got the 2nd platinum for both of them by skipping all dialogue. I paid like $50-70 for each of those games (and I didn't really like either of them), I'm gonna get my money's worth. Also I played, got addicted to, finished, and got all trophies for Letter Quest Remastered in 3 days. 

I will probably start Dragon Quest Builders on PS4 next. Very excited. On Vita, I have returned to Reine des fleurs, this time armed with a guide. I had been trying to play it on my own but kept getting the same bad ending. Apparently it has a lot more non-obvious choices and bad endings than all other Otomate games I've played, and I must've fucked up some choice prior to my earliest save. Also, the level of Japanese vocabulary used in the game is sometimes over my head... I should really look up the words instead of just shrugging it off, maybe I'll learn something...

6 minutes ago, peffy said:

Was that part of the "road trip" thing? I didn't bother with that because it looked like it was for US only.

I think it was from Pre-Orders in Amazon USA.

Well that sucks lol but I read into it, it's just 1/2 off Hotels and Gas. So you're not missing much.

Beat the main story of FFXV, without spoilers all I can say is I'm pretty satisfied with the ending. The bond between the four friends, ahem.... the four 'brothers' is really compelling and by the end of the story I was really attuned and made to care about them in ways that not many video games have been able to accomplish this generation. I really felt their relationships and development were very well done and was awesome to learn more and more about them.

MILD SPOILERS AHEAD, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Spoiler

The feels at the end of the game are quite hard hitting, after getting to know these characters over the course of the game and getting so attached... that last scene at the stairs and then the flashback to the campfire after the credits were just so powerful and sad.

41 minutes ago, Original Saku said:

Beat the main story of FFXV, without spoilers all I can say is I'm pretty satisfied with the ending. The bond between the four friends, ahem.... the four 'brothers' is really compelling and by the end of the story I was really attuned and made to care about them in ways that not many video games have been able to accomplish this generation. I really felt their relationships and development were very well done and was awesome to learn more and more about them.

MILD SPOILERS AHEAD, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Reveal hidden contents

The feels at the end of the game are quite hard hitting, after getting to know these characters over the course of the game and getting so attached... that last scene at the stairs and then the flashback to the campfire after the credits were just so powerful and sad.

Didn't read the spoilers Saku but, do you feel that this patch (to Ch. 13) that will be released soon is needed to fill any gaps in? 

In your opinion, do you feel there was anything missing from chapter 13?

I'm barely on Ch. 7, but I am willing to wait (do sidequests, lvl up, grind) if it will make the game more complete.

50 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

Didn't read the spoilers Saku but, do you feel that this patch (to Ch. 13) that will be released soon is needed to fill any gaps in? 

In your opinion, do you feel there was anything missing from chapter 13?

I'm barely on Ch. 7, but I am willing to wait (do sidequests, lvl up, grind) if it will make the game more complete.

I don't  think most of the stuff they are gonna add in ch.13 in that patch will even be story related.... I believe it will be mostly game play related tweaks. without going too much into detail, let's just say ch. 13 is a totally different experience from the past chapters and does something interesting game play mechanic wise that a lot of people didn't really think worked too well or liked.

I do think their are some things story wise that could be done a little bit better in ch. 13 however. I just don't think it will be the drastic change everyone thinks it will be in the patch. In my opinion if I was you I would just go ahead and push through and beat the game, then when all the patches have dropped just do a second play through once all the really cool stuff like multiplayer, additional playable characters, hard mode, and a proper newgame+ have been added.

Just started playing SpeedRunners with a friend and this is fucking amazing. It's a multiplayer side-scrolling racing game. It's very simple, but for most part you win by doing something tactically smart or every now and then just by luck, but it's usually small mistakes that cost you the win so it's often incredibly even races. We're only two, but I imagine this is even funnier when playing 4 together, and even funnier again if you're 4 in the same room playing on the big screen.

Anyone tried it?

Me, my friend and a guy we don't know too well (joined us 15-30 minutes before yesterday's tournament) are gonna try to qualify for a Norwegian Rocket League league this weekend. Personally we'll consider us lucky if we manage division 2, but the leader of our team wanted us to try for div 1 as well so we'll do that since we can actually try to qualify for all divisions. I've never done anything like this before so I am so stoked for this. I usually get nervous as fuck before regular tournaments, this is gonna be even more worse as it's more serious.

But I am really looking forward to this. I'm sure div 1 is way out of our reach, but we gotta try. However, I believe we are good enough for div 2, if not the best among the lot. Anyway, no matter how it goes it's gonna be really fun. One qualification lasts for about 6 hours (not sure how many games, but enough I assume). So we might have to be into this for 18 hours this weekend.

Stoked! Would love to get into div 1. As I said, these teams are way above our skill level, but from the looks of it we might get/be a stable team now which will make it a lot easier to improve both individually and collectively. Still though, close to impossible for us.

Btw, we're not super serious about it. We're semi-serious who recently found out we wanted to be a bit more into it, become good players and, well, be more serious about this game. Family/school/work first, then Rocket League.

Edited by Bear