SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

Playing Atelier Rorona on the Vita because I've been meaning to get into this series for a while. So far its fun but really hard playing without a guide.

Spontaneously got back to modded Skyrim just few days ago. Maybe one day I will finish that playthrough.

Aside from that I'm on a slow start with Witcher 3, and I found new hell, in form of vocaloid rhythm games. First it was Project Diva X demo, then full version... then finding out about Project Diva Future Tone that has 200 songs, instead of 30...

Playing pokemon omega ruby, waiting for the new Sun/Moon versions

I know I'm old for this but they are in my life since forever

I'm really struggling to finish Divinity: Original Sin before my copy of FFXV arrives. Holy hell that game is looooong. If I don't finish it in time, I might just abandon it...

And I'm probably not going to finish World of Final Fantasy any time soon, though I really like it.

... meanwhile, I've bought/might buy some PS2 JRPGs that have been ported to PS4 because they're on sale, and also because I've heard they are great games and I never owned a PS2. Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2. Of course, I will never have time to play them...

edit: ...unless I am retired. I look forward to playing through my extensive backlog in ~2050, assuming the Earth has not yet imploded.

Edited by peffy

DOTA2

it's really hard

I can't stop laughing while playing

it become funnier when about to lose

--------------------------------------------------------

70%

--------------------------------------------------------

Got back into Sengoku Basara on the PS3. Have spent almost 70 hours on it and have now only realized I haven't unlocked all the characters. Aiming for Nobunaga because I'm curious with his gameplay. Even though it's a long winded process, it's more of the story progress getting unlocked. At the amount of time I've spent on it throughout the years, I have done about 30% of the story only. Don't ask me how. I'm just as embarrassed. 

Have been spending as many hours on Overwatch's free weekend as I could.

Never have I ever anticipated midnight as much as today... Now to save up all the money I can just to buy this. I've been sold. I miss playing it already. And I was finally getting the hang of my biases. ;-;

Currently playing (as well as all of you gamers on MH) Final Fantasy XV.

Jesus this game is hard to put down. Already have 8 hours into this game, and I'm barely level 13 lol. I've been staying up late trying to play this.

I've been fishing a lot, and scouring for materials for weapons. Barely 4-5 bounties in.

The filthiest of casuals right here.

Compare that to my brother, who is level 18.

Already has level 4 bounty hunter status.

A crapload of better gear.

Already Murked and destroyed high level bosses, including that LV 52-53 FUCKING ARAMUSHA THE SAMURAI, when he was level 14.

Barely on chapter 2.

FML.

Re-playing Tomb Raider (2013) on PC.

Also seriously considering buying Steep, I want to play it sooo much but not sure if I wanna pay 60 euros for it..

Edited by indigo

3 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

Already Murked and destroyed high level bosses, including that LV 52-53 FUCKING ARAMUSHA THE SAMURAI, when he was level 14.

Barely on chapter 2.

FML.

LMAO!

I came across him yesterday, it was so fucking scary. He hit me off the platform with 9999k damage. (tbh  I'm level 4)

I found him again and ran away when he impaled noctis with his 10m sword. I'm not coming here until I beat the game lol

I only have 4 hours in because final year assignments are due very soon, but so far it's a great game. I'm just not impressed story wise, yet.

Just wish I could have time to play it :cry:

edit: my ultimate goal is to max out my fishing and cooking levels, because fuck everything else.

Edited by Platy

I don't usually play much, but hafta say FFXV has stolen my attention. It feels very much Final Fantasy and I'm liking the characters more than I expected to. Ignis is really annoying tho.

The only negative so far is the world building and story I guess. I haven't watched any other media related to this world and I have no idea what's going on. I Guess there is some war and stuff, but we're too busy roadtripping around collecting swords and summons. Most of the story segments so far feel a little disjointed, that doesn't help... But from what I understand - the story picks up at some point and there's going to be less free roaming car action.

5 hours ago, orange~ said:

but we're too busy roadtripping around collecting swords and summons.

LOL my thoughts exactly.

Not that I mind though, since these side-quests are overwhelmingly entertaining for me. I'm just trying to get them all done before moving on with the story.

I'm OCD when it comes to FF games.

I blame FFXII.

I can't seem to stop fishing either.

My brother bought the Official Guidebook, since he's fucking crazy, and I'm soooooooo tempted to take a peek b/c I don't know if I'm missing something important that I can't come back later in the story for.

42 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

LOL my thoughts exactly.

Not that I mind though, since these side-quests are overwhelmingly entertaining for me. I'm just trying to get them all done before moving on with the story.

I'm OCD when it comes to FF games.

I blame FFXII.

I can't seem to stop fishing either.

My brother bought the Official Guidebook, since he's fucking crazy, and I'm soooooooo tempted to take a peek b/c I don't know if I'm missing something important that I can't come back later in the story for.

Me af.

I stay in a new area and try to do everything I possibly can before moving on because I know I'm gonna get bombarded by a shitload of new quests xD

im level 33 and in chapter 3. 19 hours in. I can't put it down. I hate that it came out like the week before finals like wtf I'm gonna fail all my classes lmao. 

@YuyoDriftI collect FF guides, I usually finish the game once by myself, then buy the guide and play again. Best of both worlds (??)

I've been fishing a lot as well, but there's one spot in the game i just can't win over, it's in the beach town, near the hotel. It's a secluded little platform to the left (if you go the opposite direction to the trailer where you can sleep in).

The fish there are ridiculously strong not to mention they completely ignore you. Anyone come across it? 

Also my friend didn't really pay attention to sidequests, 35 hours in and he's in the final chapter. Needles to say I'm jealous, because he literally has all the time in world to play games.
It hasn't even been a week ffs

Just now, Platy said:

Also my friend didn't really pay attention to sidequests, 35 hours in and he's in the final chapter.

I really hope your friend is not one of those "beat the game quick asf" and later complain that it was not good.

I hope your friend is a long time FF fan, and will go and do the side-quests after the main story.

8 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

I really hope your friend is not one of those "beat the game quick asf" and later complain that it was not good.

I hope your friend is a long time FF fan, and will go and do the side-quests after the main story.

He played most FFs, specifically he has played FF X so many times he know the script off by heart, not only that, he did a play through with Lulu only and then one with Tidus only, using just the initial weapon that's given to you.

lmao he's a hardcore fan, but the thing is, I mean it when I say all he does is play games. So he finishes everything within a few days. He told me he's going to do sidequests in XV until he gets bored, then he will do the ending.

Edited by Platy

1 minute ago, Platy said:

He told me he's going to do sidequests in XV until he gets bored, then he will do the ending.

Sounds like what I did in FFXIII.

Good to hear it.

I'm not as big of a completionist as you guys. I usually do few sidequests here and there and then move on. I'm kinda eager on getting more involved in the story, that's why. Also the game feels more challenging when you're not over leveled up at the beginning.

I actually really enjoy sitting in the car and chilling in this game :D It's relaxing after fighting for my life in a dungeon and nearly running out of curatives. I never use fast travel in this game, just sit back, listen to music and watch scenery~

4 hours ago, orange~ said:

I'm kinda eager on getting more involved in the story, that's why.

haha I remember when I was at about the end of FFXII, and I had completed about 95% of endgame activities, did I come back to the final part of the story and think "What the fuck am I supposed to do again?"

Making the completion of the main story your main priority is nothing bad. It's a very smart move for someone who does not know how much time they will invest in-game.

I personally enjoyed the ATB/ADB/CSB battle systems in FFIX/XII/III, and this insane AXB battle system is something I'd like to take plenty of time to master, via Hunts/Leveling up.

It could be my fault for going about 8 years without playing a current FF game (I contemplated playing XIV), so the rust is real strong on my skills/attention to techniques.

I'm liking the delivery so far, yet the lack of elemental magics besides Fire, Ice, and Lightning, are kind of a drag. I had a feeling they were going to phase these out, when I saw the lack of a lot of magics in FFXIII. Oh well I guess.

I'm not a completionist lol, but I do buy the guidebooks (technically my brother has it already) to see what more a game has to offer after the main story.

My FFXII guidebook was used so much, that the hardcover came apart, and I had to buy a 2in binder, and place each page in a plastic sheet to preserve it lol.

Ok. Maybe I was a completionist haha.