SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

23 minutes ago, peffy said:

My motivation in that game was to get Triss in bed <3

Fantastic to know that you play games for the same reasons we all do :fap: haha.

I had a feeling, but I didn't think that was an actual option. Looks like  I'll play this a lot more now lol.

3 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

eyyyyyy 8)

I wonder if the PS2 (original) was the better version? Glad to see you are enjoying it though.

Still playing Vanilla Witcher 3 and God Eater: Resurrection.

Witcher 3 story is pretty entertaining, but it has been a while since my last open world video game (last one was FF13), so I'm having a hard time staying focused on the storyline lol so I'm just out doing sidequests.

God Eater has begun to get repetitive. I mean,  I can tolerate it for an hour, but after that I feel I would rather play anything else.  Gonna probably hold off on getting God Eater 2 on release.

Lol yeah Witcher will do that to you, I remember I had put 110 hours into that game before I stopped playing my first save file and I still hadn't finished the main story xD as for God Eater, yeah its a pretty grindy game, very similar to Monster Hunter grind.

I've been playing mostly No Man's Sky here and there  whenever I get a few hours. Also started playing Destiny again sparsely preparing for ROI expansion.

Taking a break from a few other games at the moment. Mostly I'm getting ready to binge play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided next week :D

1 minute ago, Original Saku said:

started playing Destiny again sparsely preparing for ROI expansion.

Way to join my fireteam invite bro haha

Join us next time for some pew pew and also hear me rage lol

1 minute ago, YuyoDrift said:

Way to join my fireteam invite bro haha

Join us next time for some pew pew and also hear me rage lol

lol. I know I know. I wasn't planning on being on for very long last night so I decided not to join. also I was in a party chat with some buddys. You just caught me at a bad time xD

next time.

^been meaning to play that game for so long! i should get to it sometime soon~

right now i'm randomly playing Katamari Forever. i started it quite a long time ago but didn't play through the credits until recently. now i'm just trying to collect all the presents and cousins.

Edited by plastic_rainbow

52 minutes ago, peffy said:

Man I would MURDER somebody for a Katamari HD collection on PS4.

wowowowowwowow

same

Destiny PVP  is BROKEN AS ALL HELL. I started crying at one point lol.

SHOTGUNS SHOULD NOT  HAVE THAT MUCH RANGE!!!!

Gonna try and play my copy of King of Fighters XIV tonight (Damn you college). I have been seeing positive reviews. Glad its doing well.

I loved the gameplay during the demo, and the soundtrack is just hnngg.

Edited by YuyoDrift

Been playing a ton of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided this week. The game is really good so far, everything I could of asked for, as a big fan of Human Revolution I am really pleased to see that they kept the core elements and structure of that game and greatly improved on it. They also fixed a lot of the issues I had with HR and added a ton of new mechanics and improvements to the game as well. It's really great when a developer can release a sequel that's fundamentally and mechanically better than the predecessor. Story wise I'm not sure if it's better than HR or not since I'm not very far in right now, but I have faith that it will hold up. 

I have to say though, I'm immensely impressed with Edios Montreal's hub city's in this game,  they are designed so well and are so beautiful. It's really quite amazing how much attention to detail and the little things around the city that just make the whole setting and premise feel so real and convincing. The conversations you over hear and the state of things in the city and just the level of tension among the citizens all feel so realistic to the point that I can almost associate with the characters deep oppression and feel the struggle around Adam and the state of the world.

Just finished playing Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Great game overall but the end was lacking. I don't know if a sequel is in the works or the DLC contents will be an expansion to the game rather than skins, but it really needs to tie up some loose ends.

Also, Battlefield 1 beta started today so I'll be playing some of that.

Alright, so an interesting little tidbit popped up on my youtube feed.  I was  disgusted seeing micro-transaction in Deus Ex Mankind Divided since it's a single player game (also that horrific "augment your pre-order" BS). There was no doubt in my mind that it was the vile & greedy Square Enix pulling those strings. This video from Jim Sterling confirms it. Thank God for him indeed. :)

Eh, I'm really used to this microtransaction shit by now. Sadly.

Ubisoft has done this in Assassin's Creed Black Flag/Unity/Syndicate, if my memory is correct. Yes it bothered me to see that stuff in-game, but in the end, none of the stuff purchasable via microtransaction was needed to finish the games.

And I am sure that this kind of thing has happened in MANY recent games.

Re: Deus Ex, this is a statement from Eidos' community manager.

We have not, and will never, compromise the balance of the game in order to direct people towards microtransactions. The game was balanced 100 per cent independently of the microtransactions available in the store.

As long as that statement is true, I don't necessarily have a HUGE problem with it. I'd love for this shit to disappear, but the truth is, there are people who will purchase this stuff and make it worthwhile for big publishers to continue forcing it into the games.

Finally playing Rise of the Tomb Raider, and it's fucking good, as expected. Tomb Raider 2013 was my GOTY, and this is equally good so far. I really love this new Lara, it's good to see a reboot being so masterfully well done like this. Highly recommended!

And as an interesting fact, the motion capture and face modeling is hauntingly real in this one. Really, anyone who is familiar with Grey's Anatomy Jo Wilson or Camilla Luddington's work will be creeped out by how Lara IS Camilla, with every small talking trait or how she shakes her head or squint her eyes when in an argument, stuff like this. It's like you know all those traits, but the face is different and you're kinda confused, lol. What a time we live in

Currently playing the new World of Warcraft expansion Legion, it feels great to get back into it for so long since they fixed so much that they had done wrong. Also playing Doom & Destiny on my mobile along with Final Fantasy Brave Exvius and Deadman's Cross.

Played KoF XIV this weekend for a good while finally.

I really hate the way Kyo and Mai Shiranui's face looks.

It's almost as if at last minute, they just decided to go and fucking slap on whatever they had available on their faces.

It really bothers me haha.

Benimaru, who was never good imo, surprisingly has some pretty good movement/combos.

Also, they go all out with the handicaps,  in order for you to truly train and master the players move set.

I finished Okami last week. All the complaints I mentioned before still stand. Brush controls were slightly annoying to use, but definitely a novel gameplay element. However, unreliable enough that I will not bother getting the platinum trophy (the description of the demon gate trials scared me off). Glacial pace of the dialogue text (along with horrible "voices") also hurt my impression of the game. Had fun with it overall, but it was maybe too long. Probably a 7/10 game for me.

Played some Catlateral Damage over the weekend. Play as a cat and knock over as many objects as possible. Features a dedicated meow button. It's a dumb game great for a crazy cat lady. The big problem for me is that it is first person. After maybe 15 minutes my stomach gets painful/queasy, and it gets worse the longer I play. I've experienced this before while playing The Unfinished Swan (also first person) and Grow Home (not first person but maybe the extreme heights and/or weird camera affected me)..

Started Divinity: Original Sin and played for a couple of hours. Wow this game. Already died due to my AI companion stepping on an obvious trap X_X It's a little awkward to play with a controller, but at least the combat is turn-based so I can take my time fumbling around. Anyway the dialogue is funny at times... one thing to mention.. you have to make 2 "main" characters, so I made one who's supposed to be a Harley Quinn-esque psycho, and the other is.. well, supposed to be closer to my actual personality. So you can make dialogue choices for both of them, and based on what I want them to be, they're gonna disagree on some stuff. But if they disagree, I have to do this dumb rock-paper-scissors minigame to figure out who wins, so I ended up just making them agree all the time. I guess that stuff works better in co-op.

13 hours ago, peffy said:

I finished Okami last week. All the complaints I mentioned before still stand. Brush controls were slightly annoying to use, but definitely a novel gameplay element. However, unreliable enough that I will not bother getting the platinum trophy (the description of the demon gate trials scared me off). Glacial pace of the dialogue text (along with horrible "voices") also hurt my impression of the game. Had fun with it overall, but it was maybe too long. Probably a 7/10 game for me.

Ah man I'm so salty right now, back in 2006 when the game first came out, it was easily a 9-10/10 game for me and a lot of other people... I wonder if it just didn't age well? I admittedly haven't played it in some years despite owning it on both PS2 and PS3 xD I just remember how awesome and innovative it felt back then, it really just seemed like something that had never been done before at the time. Tons of character and charm as well.

8 hours ago, Original Saku said:

Ah man I'm so salty right now, back in 2006 when the game first came out, it was easily a 9-10/10 game for me and a lot of other people... I wonder if it just didn't age well? I admittedly haven't played it in some years despite owning it on both PS2 and PS3 xD I just remember how awesome and innovative it felt back then, it really just seemed like something that had never been done before at the time. Tons of character and charm as well.

Well, if it let me button through the dialogue (instead of waiting for the text to scroll out slowly and forcing me to listen to those "voices") I would've bumped it up to 8/10. That issue also contributed to the game feeling too long. If the brush controls worked properly 100% of the time (or maybe I just suck at drawing with analog stick) I would've bumped it up to 9/10. I still think it is overall a great game and I understand how most people would've given it high scores at the time. :)  I'm a bit of a tough critic with .. maybe unconventional tastes, don't be salty!

8 hours ago, Original Saku said:

Since I got a job, my video game time has severely plummeted, I'm sad :(

Hey, congrats man!

Now you can watch your backlog grow even bigger!

I'm on my 3rd playthrough for Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Got my Pacifist achievement finally. I want to try to get at least 70% of the achievements done (not involving that breach thingy).

On 9/14/2016 at 8:01 PM, Flame-X said:

I'm on my 3rd playthrough for Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Got my Pacifist achievement finally. I want to try to get at least 70% of the achievements done (not involving that breach thingy).

geez I'm still on my first play through... calm down Flame XD Naw I wanna go for the pacifist achievement as well once I get some time, hopefully it won;t prove too hard or annoying.

I started playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire on my 3DS in anticipation of Sun&Moon this November. I have to say that they have introduced a lot of cool quality of life features, It's crazy to see how far the series has come both graphically and mechanically.

1 hour ago, Original Saku said:

geez I'm still on my first play through... calm down Flame XD Naw I wanna go for the pacifist achievement as well once I get some time, hopefully it won;t prove too hard or annoying.

Take your time and savor the flavor. :thumbs: