SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

I just finished the Nathan Drake collection! Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception is easly my favorite of the three, but the other two are definitely not bad!

Really excited to start playing the 4th one!

55 minutes ago, Mind of the sun said:

I just finished the Nathan Drake collection! Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception is easly my favorite of the three, but the other two are definitely not bad!

Really excited to start playing the 4th one!

... damn, that was fast

18 minutes ago, peffy said:

... damn, that was fast

They aren't very long games, unless you make them last... for instance I still haven't beat Uncharted 4 even though I've been playing it since launch, but that's because I've only been playing a few hours at a time and exploring everything xD If I wanted to I could have had it beat a few days after I got it, but yeah I would rather savor it :D

plus I'm playing the game on hard and that slows things down a  bit :lol:

Edited by Original Saku

1 hour ago, peffy said:

... damn, that was fast

Played a few hours everyday since monday. All of them take about 8-10 hours each to beat. The first one might be shorter!

1 hour ago, Original Saku said:

They aren't very long games, unless you make them last... for instance I still haven't beat Uncharted 4 even though I've been playing it since launch, but that's because I've only been playing a few hours at a time and exploring everything xD If I wanted to I could have had it beat a few days after I got it, but yeah I would rather savor it :D

plus I'm playing the game on hard and that slows things down a  bit :lol:

I played on normal, did die quite alot during firefights, especially in the 2nd game. The story and characters really made me want to move forward pretty quickly though haha. And I was quite excited to get to the 4th! But I will probably do as you do and play it on hard. I wan't it to last!

I loved the shit out of Drake's Fortune and Among Thieves, but I could never get into Drake's Deception and used way too long to finish it. Could barely do it. Got so fucking bored of it. The gameplay were never this series strong side, but the first two games just had a brilliant atmosphere, a great story and a fantastic setting that totally got to me, but I thought Drake's Deception just lacked that. It was just more of the same but without the fantastic elements that made the two first games work so good. Such a shame.

I think Among Thieves is miles ahead of the other two games, with Drake's Fortune as a good #2.

2 hours ago, Bear said:

I loved the shit out of Drake's Fortune and Among Thieves, but I could never get into Drake's Deception and used way too long to finish it. Could barely do it. Got so fucking bored of it. The gameplay were never this series strong side, but the first two games just had a brilliant atmosphere, a great story and a fantastic setting that totally got to me, but I thought Drake's Deception just lacked that. It was just more of the same but without the fantastic elements that made the two first games work so good. Such a shame.

I think Among Thieves is miles ahead of the other two games, with Drake's Fortune as a good #2.

Before I played them, I knew how much people praised the 2nd one so I had high expectations. I agree about it having the best atmosphere of the first three. But I like the story and Villain in Drakes Deception alot more because it felt a bit more personal to Drake and Sully. I guess its mostly because it was suppose to be the final game(?). The Villainin the 2nd one to me was just to forgetable and the last 5-6 missions firefights were just awful, to many enemies at once and the story dragged on for a bit to long towards the end.  I will however replay them all again and I think i will enjoy the 2nd one alot more, hopefully haha

Edited by Mind of the sun

Yeah I know they are relatively short games, but I figured someone would burn out quickly playing all 3 in a row within 5 days.

maybe I'm just old.

8 minutes ago, peffy said:

Yeah I know they are relatively short games, but I figured someone would burn out quickly playing all 3 in a row within 5 days.

maybe I'm just old.

Think most people could beat one each day. I couldn't haha

Finally finished Uncharted 4 and I have to say the ending was pretty great... all I'm going to say is that it has some pretty good closure that I'm satisfied with.

I want to start playing Witcher 3 again... especially since the new expansion is coming, but I don't know if I'll be able to tear myself away from dark souls 3 long enough to give it the attention it needs.

gonna go pick up the new TMNT game from Platinum tomorrow as well!

trapped in that MOTHERFUCKING ice dungeon in ALttP....

13 hours ago, Original Saku said:

Finally finished Uncharted 4 and I have to say the ending was pretty great... all I'm going to say is that it has some pretty good closure that I'm satisfied with.

I want to start playing Witcher 3 again... especially since the new expansion is coming, but I don't know if I'll be able to tear myself away from dark souls 3 long enough to give it the attention it needs.

gonna go pick up the new TMNT game from Platinum tomorrow as well!

Same here, really need to get back to Witcher, but DS3 is on the way =(

And I never understood the appeal behind DS series, but this 3rd entry really got me hooked!

Currently cheesing Anor Londo Knights with estoc for ez souls lol

On 5/20/2016 at 9:32 PM, Peace Heavy mk II said:

I haven't played any of them yet either :( 

Been playing both story paths, mostly Hoshido. Well worth getting the cartridge/special edition to get all three routes instantly on it together. I already knew the gameplay would be great, somehow a step up from Awakening which was already super entertaining, but its the characters which are the pleasant surprise to me. All got their own individual manners and characteristics that make them all lovable (or hate-able), more so than any other RPG I've played. Could talk about it all day, too addicted and I need to do a lot of work before the deadline. DAMN AWKWARD RELEASE DATE. 

Somebody. Anybody. Tell me the new TMNT game is baller?!?!?!

Too many asshats who don't know about hack-n-slash to give the game a proper review.

7 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

Somebody. Anybody. Tell me the new TMNT game is baller?!?!?!

Too many asshats who don't know about hack-n-slash to give the game a proper review.

I have it sitting in front of me right now, I haven't played it yet... going to later tonight, I'll post my thoughts here soon for you :D

I finished King's Quest Chapter 1. Super charming and looked great.  I think I only got stuck once, when I needed to take a certain exit from a certain screen, but it looked like rocks blocking the path so I didn't realize there was an exit there. Also, the final part where you have to beat the computer at a chess-like game could be a major source of frustration. I beat it on my third try, mostly through dumb luck. 

.. However I am pissed that they gave away this game (Chapter 1 only) for PS+ a few months ago, only to have it become totally free for everybody this month. Feels like I got ripped off a little bit. Not gonna buy the other chapters unless the season pass is severely discounted.

Amplitude - It's a pretty cool rhythm game from the creators of Guitar Hero/Rock Band, and is pretty similar except there are no plastic instruments. Beat the campaign on Easy, will probably attempt harder difficulty and unlock more songs in between playing other games.

Grim Fandango Remastered - This game is quite dated (especially with tank controls), and it takes FOREVERRRR to walk anywhere, but the dialogue and voice acting are still awesome (too bad I don't know Spanish, so some of those jokes fly over my head). There's a lot of obscure adventure game logic to the puzzles, so I'm playing with a walkthrough because otherwise it'd take me months to beat it, and I don't want to miss any trophies. Not ashamed to admit it.

Shovel Knight - Playing on my Vita.. they really nailed the NES (or SNES?) retro feel. I'm a bit frustrated at how often I fall down holes and die because I misjudged how far I can jump, or some bullshit physics happened..  and the penalty for dying is pretty harsh in that situation. When you die, a portion of your gold becomes floating bags (at the place you died) that you need to grab, but if you die again before picking them up you lose them permanently. So I end up losing a LOT of gold because the bags are floating over the same pit-filled place I'm having trouble with..... Otherwise, I like what's going on.

As for Tales of Zestiria... I'm probably halfway through the DLC but I gave up on it. The most frustrating thing about the game is not getting better equipment as you progress. You get lots of shitty drops but you have to study/abuse the AMAZINGLY CONVOLUTED "fusion" system to create better equipment. Sorry, I'm not going to read someone's TL;DR strategy for grinding out good drops and making decent weapons/armor. So as a result, I'm fairly underpowered and it's just not fun when normal enemies take so long to die ON EASY MODE. I made it through the main game because my levels were about 5-10 higher than the final boss, but in the DLC my level is equal to the enemies and I don't want to grind anymore.

Edited by peffy

1 hour ago, Cristate said:

Currently playing Bravely Second right now and god it's already so much better than Bravely Default.

I'm interested to hear more on this now. From what I've seen of it, there's not much difference to it than BD, and I haven't even completed that, so I wasn't going to buy it but now I must do a bit of looking into!

14 hours ago, beni said:

I'm interested to hear more on this now. From what I've seen of it, there's not much difference to it than BD, and I haven't even completed that, so I wasn't going to buy it but now I must do a bit of looking into!

As they say, little changes make big differences.

The game is globally so much more handy, especially when it comes to save points where you can now heal your full team, fights are also handier as you don't have to spam LLLL to have 4xBrave, characters are different and less awkward than the BD team, also it's much funnier.
Classes are improved, I really hope the story is less repetitive but it's really good for the first 4 hours I've played. Really looks like they didn't take BD's success for granted and actually improved every part of it. Though, obviously, the OST is nothing to be compared with BD's masterpiece...

Sorry I get so confused but I haven't discovered the whole game yet, but everything feels just... idk... enjoyable. Much more than with all BD's repetitiveness, useless long dialogs, boring side quests and weirdly growing difficulty. Give it a try if you will. If you have any precise question I can answer, just let me know !

Finished Uncharted 4: A thiefs end yesterday. 

Everything about it is bigger and better than previous titles. The Action, the dialogue, the story and so on. 

I even enjoy the multiplayer alot. Very fun. 

Overall, the best action adventure game I've ever played.

If I am going to rate all the games after played through them once, it would be something like this:

Drake's fortune 7/10

Among Thieves 8/10

Drakes Deception 9/10

A thiefs End 10/10

I will however replay them all again and see if my opinion changes.

Next up is  Uncharted: Golden abyss though!

ah Overwatch that over hyped game that people pay 60 bucks for one game mode and skins? no thanks xD

no srsly though I want to play and I know it's fun as hell with friends since I played the beta, but I'm not paying that much money for a incomplete game... you might as well be buying an early access or beta phase game.