SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

Nostalgia. If you didn't play it 15 years ago then it's not gonna be as significant to you compared to the people who experienced it back in the day. Best RPG from that era tho imo.

Speaking of RPGs from that era (kinda), I just got Final Fantasy VII for the Vita. Sigh, I need more memory cards.

I still sorta think FFVII is a bit overrated compared to some of the older ones that are way better. Don't get me wrong it's good, but the best FF? no I don't think so :x

I just finished Tomb Raider and I have to say I'm very impressed with the folks over at Crystal Dynamics for being able to create a successful reboot of this beloved franchise. I can imagine it was no small task and it really shows how much they're dedicated when you play the game from start to finish. Now that I've finished it I can without a doubt say that it is definitely in my best games of 2013 list and on a more lengthy scale it's probably the best action game I've played in a long time. It's also nice to see a great strong willed female protagonist (done tastefully and not overly sexualized) for once in a change, I really hope more developers will take this as a cue to experiment more with the opposite sex when it comes to video game protagonists. 

This has made me even more excited for Rise of the Tomb Raider especially considering this game was supposed to be the origin story of Lara Croft and not Tomb Raider. While I assume based on the title the next game is about how Lara transitions and becomes The Tomb Raider.

Not playing it, per say, but I am excited for the new Digimon game that looks like it's Digimon World 2 x Persona 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iav0_uxyOVk

I don't have a Vita, but if it gets ported to English then I'd def consider getting one for it as well as Re:Digitize.

Also, I'm up to the part in FFX where you fight Seymour for the 3rd time. Fucking fuck this is just as hard as the first time I played it. Guess I need to grind since I don't know any 3rd-tier black magic / white magic spells yet.

Not playing it, per say, but I am excited for the new Digimon game that looks like it's Digimon World 2 x Persona 4.

I don't have a Vita, but if it gets ported to English then I'd def consider getting one for it as well as Re:Digitize.

Also, I'm up to the part in FFX where you fight Seymour for the 3rd time. Fucking fuck this is just as hard as the first time I played it. Guess I need to grind since I don't know any 3rd-tier black magic / white magic spells yet.

Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath... the majority of those psp and psv RPG Digimon games never make it over here ever.

Usually, I rarely play any games, but Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is exceptional. It's so brutal. 8D

Currently, I have been playing Revengeance mode, the hardest one, with the best equipment available. So much fun so far.

I play the PC version using a keyboard and mouse though. lmao!

This is my first attempt in Revengeance mode.

vStvCt0.jpg

This video is so impressive.

Revengeance is a fun game and by itself it's a decent one as well, but as soon as you start thinking about it in the sense of a MGS game it kinda ruins it for you, especially if you're a big fan of the series. That's the main reason I can't play that game to this day... it's just so ridiculous.

About the Seymour fight, I beat him by spamming the Aeon's Overdrive. After five Overdrives, it's just a quick beating and the battle is over. Of course that's the cheap way to win.

I've been thinking about getting a Castlevania game or Megaman ZX since I heard those play like a Metroid game.

Oh!  I've got a good one.  The other day, I got a Neo Geo emulator to work (kinda) on my OUYA, so I was playing Sengoku 3 and Super Spy.

Any other Neo Geo fans here?

Revengeance is a fun game and by itself it's a decent one as well, but as soon as you start thinking about it in the sense of a MGS game it kinda ruins it for you, especially if you're a big fan of the series. That's the main reason I can't play that game to this day... it's just so ridiculous.

I know, I'm a huge fan of MGS series.  I played Revengeance when it came out and played for about an hour, haven't touched it since lol.  I really want to play it to the end though.  Maybe when I'm angry and I just want to slash people for hours haha, replace my Dynasty Warrior urge I guess xD

Still focusing on creed right now, but I'm really close to finishing. I'm Also on that Disgaea 4 Vita grind in my spare time when I'm away from my house or just don;t fell like playing on a tv or computer screen :D

I beat creed. Now I'm playing Metro 2033 Redux on PC and soon I'll move onto Metro Last Light but damn do I got to say I forgot how good 2033 is... the whole survival/stealth/exploration gameplay mechanics totally rock my world, It's so immersive too. The redux version for the most part makes it a whole lot better as far as can tell so far, there probably is a few things that aren't as good as the original version of the game, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons.

And of course on the handheld side of things I'm still grinding Disgaea 4 Vita, nothing has changed there. I'm now playing Azure Striker Gunvolt and it's absolutely fantastic, So good and reminds of megaman so much... this is definitely a great way to stave off that mighty No. 9 thirst till it comes out next year.

On a side note I went and fully paid off my Destiny preorder and bought the expansion pass while I was at it. Only 9 days left too! :D I'm so hyped.

Just picked up OlliOlli on the PSN yesterday. Fuck this game is hard. Not to mention that my brain is trained from the countless hours of Skate that the control scheme that is so similar but just so slightly different just makes it that much harder.

Original Saku, is Metro 2033 anything like Fallout 3 in terms of gameplay and exploring, etc?  I saw yesterday it was released on Xbox One, may be something I'm interested in.

I've been playing the new Wolfenstein, I dig it, its got similar mechanics as Fallout 3 (Bethesda made it), but a linear storyline like normal Wolfensteins.  I've loved Wolfenstein ever since the original Wolfenstein 3D, I played that TONS as a kid!

Original Saku, is Metro 2033 anything like Fallout 3 in terms of gameplay and exploring, etc?  I saw yesterday it was released on Xbox One, may be something I'm interested in.

I've been playing the new Wolfenstein, I dig it, its got similar mechanics as Fallout 3 (Bethesda made it), but a linear storyline like normal Wolfensteins.  I've loved Wolfenstein ever since the original Wolfenstein 3D, I played that TONS as a kid!

The exploration and immersion factors are pretty similar, but metro is more of a survival fps that focuses on stealth and difficulty, now of course you don't have to play it that way, but it's meant to be. The developer really wanted to capture the setting and feeling from the books and make the gameplay feel authentic to what it would feel like if your were actually there. That's why the game is best played with a high difficulty and a focus on survival centric tactics, but you can also go guns blazing balls to the wall if you like, but I recommend doing that on the normal difficulty or else you will get mopped. Plus it really has no RPG elements like fallout but in my opinion if you like the new Wolfenstein or fps in general you'll probably like metro. 4A is one of my favorite up and coming studios and so far their track record is amazing.

I'm playing Drakengard 3 finally, and wow holy frame rate lag lol.  Not really sure what I think of it yet, it is funny though and the gameplay is addicting.  But I don't know lol.

Final Fantasy IX.  I'm right at the very end, too.  I just need to grind and I'm putting it off.  In the time I could be spending grinding, I've been playing Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy VIII, too.

Final Fantasy IX.  I'm right at the very end, too.  I just need to grind and I'm putting it off.  In the time I could be spending grinding, I've been playing Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy VIII, too.

You just made me want to replay all of those lol.  FFVIII is my favorite, have probably beaten that game way to many times ^^;

Geeze, I need to actually beat Final Fantasy VIII - never did, lol. 

I'm playing FFX again now (HD), and its made me want to replay (or play for the first time) the classics.  I've never even played FFII, III, V, or IX

The farthest back I've played in FF is VII, but I didn't get all the way through it because I'm seriously lazy about some things in games, oops.  FFIX is my personal favorite, but maybe that's because it was the first FF game I played.  In all honestly, when it comes to story and overall game, I prefer X.  This is my first real play through of FFVIII, also.  I had tried to play it before, but something always came up before I could get too far.  And now I'm past that point, like a boss.  But, really, there are quite a few FF games I haven't played yet, I'm a little embarrassed to admit.

Ah, I'm playing these old games on an emulator with my keyboard because I left my 360 at my mom's a state over due to lack of planning.  But, I should be getting it back within the month.  My list of games I'm playing will increase that day.

i have played FF7 two times (once story only, once including beating the weapons) started FF8 (never got past the point where it hooked me unfortunately...), finished the last remnant, which is sort of a final fantasy game too imho and recently finished FFX (incredible!) and FFXII (the weakest out of the bunch, but still enjoyable)

i played all of those together in parallel with a friend of mine and now we're looking where to go next. currently having a closer look on 

Divinity Original Sin

as it has a bunch of very nice features that we both enjoy very much

- round based combat

- complex and extensive leveling and skilltrees

- nicely written quests and dialogues

and most importantly

- an apparently very essentially integrated two-player co-op multiplayer

anyone has some first-hand experience on this one?