SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

^ Well said. It's fun game overall but it feels so underwhelming from what was shown at E3 years ago. Graphical issues aside, the lack of customization of the gamepad controls boggles my mind. Coming from Tomb Raider immediately to Watch Dogs, it's weird when you have to press the right trigger button to run, left shoulder button to access weapons/tools, and B button as vault. It's really unconventional control schemes for a 3rd person action game. Since I got the game for free, I can't really complain much.

Been playing 3-4 hours of dark souls 2 per day in the past week mostly for PVP reasons plus watching vids of people's experience with the PVP system. For people that don't know, original/real PVPers of the souls series tend to limit their soul level in a way to be creative in their builds and not just be an overpowered mess.

Example:

Wear heavy armor and use strong heavy weapons then you will be slow and susceptible to strikes if you miss in a swing.

Be a spell caster and level your spellcasting abilities and you will lose out on defense and other areas such as health.

and so on. 

The capping of level essentially creates a disadvantage on one area but not enough that you can't be good at something else. This makes using intelligent decisions (that fits your style of play) to be the overall factor if you want to win in a duel. The variety in builds to fight against as well as knowing that the "fight" isn't all that based on strengths of spells or weapons used is what made the PVP part of the souls series to be so long lasting. You can literally poke a guy to death with a stick and win a duel.

Now the PC players are a complete face-palming mess. Everybody just levels up, wear heavy armor, spam 10 different spells, max out maneuverability, health and endurance to maximize the amount of swings possible with their ultragreatsword. On top of that, they have the nerve to bow to me like it was a fair fight -.- I am pretty sure many of them are new to the souls series and probably still have the notion "level up = good" but where is the fun if everybody has the same builds? From Software is partly to blame as leveling up is pretty much encouraged and competitive matchmaking is non-existent. They don't mind having a level 50 player fight against a level 250 as long as the level 50 player has accumulated enough souls (so instead of leveling up, I choose to cap myself to 50 and continue accumulating souls) to be in the same category as the 250 player whom has accumulated the same amount of souls. 

Here is a guy checking out PC players reaction to one of the more tedious bosses to defeat. Now this is a boss you will meet in the middle part of the story in which you should have mastered the mechanics of the game by then but that last guy though ...

There is more to say but the rant must end.

Well it's official Final Fantasy Type-0 Fan Transalation has been realeased! After following this project for nearly 1.5 years I am beyond hype to play what is considered the best psp game ever made and the game many people tout as the "true" FFXIII.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phwjEx1Dx5w

you can find more info along with the DL for the patcher here: http://www.skybladecloud.net/we-have-arrived/

Big thanks to SkyBladeCloud and the Operaration Doomtrain team :D

Yes! I still have to crack my PSP but I can't wait to play this :D

I have started Bioshock Infinite, though it's been a big neglected ever since I bought a PS3 a few days ago. It came with a free game of The Last of Us so I've been playing that one ever since I got it. So basically what I've been doing/wanting to do in a small list:

Currently playing:

- Bioshock Infinite

- The Last of Us

- Pokemon Diamond

Games that I still need to finish:

- Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (I don't think I will though, I don't like it :( )

- FFXIII: Lightning Returns (this game was fun for the first 15 hours, after that it gets incredibly repetitive. Boring characters, zero character development, the same side-missions over and over again, etc. If you didn't like XIII-2 I definitely would not advice you to buy this.)

Games that I still need to start/buy/wait for release:

- FFVII: Crisis Core

- Uncharted series

- KH 1.5HD

- KH 2.5HD

- FFX HD remaster

oh well seems like i'll have to borrow my friend's psp after he'll finish playing type-0 :v

awesome news anyway! :D

yeah the easiest out of all methods is to play it on Emulator using PPSSPP... But the recommended and most stable method would be to either play it on a CFW PSP or a eCFW Vita. I'm playing Type-0 on my TN-V8 eCFW Vita and so far it's amazing and the translation team did an amzing job, I'm also loving the option of using a second stick.

So what I'm playing regularly right now is:

Watch Dogs (PS4)

Dark Souls II (PC)

Final Fantasy Type-0

Got in to the Destiny Alpha, so I've been playing that all weekend :D Also I got a Battlefield: Hardline Beta Code, but haven't had the chance to check that out yet... too busy enjoying Destiny

Just a heads up to all you PC gamers out there, there's a rumor that the Steam summer sale is gonna start this weekend... there's a lot of evidence that points to that conclusion and it's all but been confirmed, so keep an eye out and prepare for some good deals.

with that I'll leave you with this video :lol:

Yeah I already bought the enemy within expansion for Xcom that I passed up last year, and there's a few other things I'm looking for... like RUST, 7days to die, Banished, and DayZ.

btw TPP 30 minute gameplay demo right here:

It's glorious... I'm almost speechless.

Just bought a WiiU and Mario Kart 8 with the GF...it's good to have a new local multiplayer game that we can really enjoy.

Picked up a PSVITA today!  Pumped!  With FFX HD :)  Gonna start soon, been messing around with the Vita a bit, love it.

Yay!  The vita is awesome!  Enjoy FFX <3

I currently playing "The Forest" game, is a really good survival Horror game! I like it <3 !

btw, still in Alpha Version, but it's ok to hang out.

the-forest-pc-game-caratula.jpg

Shit I want to buy Shovel Knight so bad right now but I already blew my steam summer sale budget... Why did I have to forget it was releasing this week :(

Fuck it, what's fifteen more dollars anyways? XD